Reviews for Contraband
Inked Scarlett chapter 7 . 3/17/2012
*squee* I was right on who it was! But I figured it out about the same time they did, so it wasn't too much of an achievement, really. You did an awesome job of keeping me guessing!

And the part where Tristan kisses Rory was awesome! Genius! She got to be cuffed by him after all! My mind went all kinds of naughty places with that one.

And him being the one to make her practically beg for a date was priceless. *"I never said it was a rule. But keep talking and it can be. And you aren't a girl, you're a woman."* They just never totally stop the snarking. I'm glad to see somebody that doesn't show him just worshiping the ground she walks on.

"Don't be late," he said sternly. "And you should put your hair down. It looks better down."

*"Well, you should do something about your face, it was scratchy last night."* Oh how I love the banter!

I'll definitely be reading the other stories in the series
Inked Scarlett chapter 6 . 3/17/2012
*squee* I actually read this chapter while having my first cup of coffee in the morning because I had to know what happened next. You don't know how difficult it is to get me this into a fic. :P LOL

Best chapter yet.

The whole conversation about being normal. Women are so fickle. *"Oh hey, I'm back."* That was awesomeness.

*"Thanks, I like it too. And I knew it wasn't a Prius when I bought it. Driving a Toyota wasn't very American of you."* I just found that line very amusing! Haha

*"I don't have a wife and kids hidden away in New Jersey or anything."* :P Yeah, but his dad probably did.

That entire conversation was great! Rory doesn't have any patience with selfloathing or self-pity. I respect that about her, and like something other than the cliched "oh, you poor Tristan. I'll love you and make you all better" conversation that I've come to expect. I shouldn't have expected it from you, but I did until it got to that part.

*"What, like a vampire?"

"Yes, just like a vampire."*

I loved the Grease references and it made me want to watch the movie. :)

The age thing made me laugh! My b-day was like a week ago, and I've been going "I'm 23 . . . wait, no I'm 24" ever since.

The whole conversation right at the end was perfection with the rambling and the snarking. But I'm really sad that there's only the one chapter left to read, so I'm saving it for later. :-)
Inked Scarlett chapter 5 . 3/16/2012
I have been wracking my brain to come up with the murderer and still can't figure it out. But I'm beginning to think that it's none of the people they suspect. It just seems like that would be too easy. You've made this way too complex for the ending to be as simple as that. :-)

The highlights reel: (A sports term - proof that there is too much basketball on TV right now.)

Mark is just funny!

Tristan kept the pen on purpose! Or maybe not, but it was funny.

He wore glasses again! I just find that image incredibly sexy. Which is weird! I've never had a thing for guys in glasses before. I don't dislike them, but they aren't a turnon.

They kissed!

More mentions of the high school years.

But yeah. I feel bad for Tristan here. Rory really killed his confidence all those years ago, didn't she?

I'll be back tomorrow because I really must get some sleep now. :P
Inked Scarlett chapter 4 . 3/16/2012
*When you realize you've made a mistake, make amends immediately. It's easier to eat crow while it's still warm.* Love the quote. And the chapter! It's totally keeping me up way too late but I simply can't stop yet!

This had a lot of high points for me.

You mentioned The Ramones.

!*He looked pained and mouthed the word 'third' with a questioning expression. "Don't tell me Princeton is second?" he asked as though the word tasted bad.* Poor Princeton just always gets crap. And that line made me think of A Cinderella Story, but I'm not sure if you meant to do that or not. I may just have an unhealthy knowledge of teen movies. :-)

OMG, Mark just makes me want to hug him now. - *"If it makes you feel any better, I'd be beating myself up, too, if I had to come to terms with having feelings for DuGrey. And only partly because I'm not into dudes."* That had me cracking up.

Pretty much any time Rory and Tristan are talking. Especially if they bring up the past! I think it's adorable how clearly they both seem to remember everything!

And she's been doing her research on him. I love that! I'm just not sure what she's found out. Other than that he likes U.S. presidents! :P

And the mystery gets more confusing. I don't have a clue who did it. And that makes me very, very happy. I absolutely adore trying to figure it out. I really hate when I'm actually able to do it.
Inked Scarlett chapter 3 . 3/16/2012
*grins* You are so good at writing their interactions and thoughts about each other! I love it more with each chapter.

So many awesome parts!

The whole first part of the chapter. And she remembered his tie! Their banter is amazing, as always.

Mark is winning me over a lot now.

He keeps stealing that notebook!

He wears glasses sometimes . . . I love the idea of CMM in glasses.

Oh, I almost forgot. We got an appearance from Lorelai and she's with Luke and has a son. :) That makes the Lorelai/Luke shipped in me very happy. I can't stand fics where that doesn't work out.

And the mystery part of the plot! I'm really getting curious about who did it. I'm assuming the brother isn't actually behind it. I'm gonna go find out if I'm right or not.
Inked Scarlett chapter 2 . 3/16/2012
*squee* There's that hostility I love so much about them. :P

I loved a lot of things about this chapter.

Olivia and Lucy made an appearance. I'd almost forgotten about them. But I loved them in the show!

*"Oh, they wouldn't do that," Rory reassured. "Well, they would, but you would be able to tell—it would be a compliment that's really an insult—and always delivered with a smile."*

Tristan brought up the kiss! I like being reminded of their history. And that it's well remembered by him!

And you write such long chapters, which is a really awesome thing for me. I love crazy long chapters! And these don't even feel that long to me. I get all caught up in the story and don't realize how long I've been reading. It just flies by and then I'm done with the chapter and trying to figure out why there isn't any more. My eyes are getting a little blurry though. I don't usually spend this much time reading. So that's my one complaint! You're ruining my eyesight!

Ok, I've rambled enough now. I'm going. :-)
Inked Scarlett chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
Thank Merlin. I've found a well-written Trory, that complies with canon (I love AUs too, but it makes me happy when somebody comes up with something that doesn't have to be), and keeps them more mature but still as the characters that we know and love. It's a rare find. Loved the whole Batman routine. I absolutely loved this first chapter!

I'm still pretty new to the Trory fandom (well, fanfic for it, anyway) but I've gotten addicted now. And I'm so glad I decided to give this one a read. I must admit, when I first read the summary, the whole 'mystery' aspect threw me off a little, because good ones seem so rare, but this one is definitely seeming to be one of the good ones.

You did a great job with the one-liners from both of them.

*"I can't say that I've ever pictured you as a cop, Tristan."

"But you have pictured me," he supplied easily*

Was it just me or was that a bit of a 10 Things reference?

*"I can't say that I'm surprised, what is he getting busted for?"*

Even Paris has no faith in him!

*grin* I can't wait to read the next chapter! :-)
Sammi chapter 7 . 12/29/2011
I liked the story a lot! It was really witty, which is hard to get across on paper and the story was just delightful! Thanks for writing it.
midnightandahalf chapter 7 . 11/19/2011
Yaaaaayy! I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship between them. Or, you know, maybe more! ;-)

Best of the best:

-"It ended with a yelling match" "Well, that was going to be my second guess" - perfect for them

-Gaahhh, the handcuffing to the fence is both unbelievably hot and adorable

-love the argumentative ask-out

And now I'm super excited to read your BTSS(s)! LJ, here I come. And then on to the next story. (Have I told you lately how much I love that there's a next story?) :-)
midnightandahalf chapter 6 . 11/18/2011
First off, I'd like you to know that it's Friday night, and I'm super excited about that because it means I can focus on reading your story. Lol.

Favorites:

-Loved their frank discussion about normalcy, and then Tristan's "Oh hey, I'm back". Adorable!

-"I left my amazing Technicolor dreamcoat in my closet" - it's not every day you hear a good technicolor dreamcoat reference! Haha

-"dollar store of Ivy League schools". Lol, poor Princeton

-Oh snap, Rory calling Tristan out for his self-deprecation. I like this, and it's totally true to character.

-"What, like a vampire?" "Yes, just like a vampire"

-I like the continuity of the Grease references :-)

-28... or 29. HA! I did this the other day

And of COURSE I love the culmination of their getting along in the form of a huge blow-up at the end. Now I'm off to see how that goes over. :-)
midnightandahalf chapter 5 . 11/16/2011
I still have noooo idea whodunnit and how, but I'm starting to think it wasn't Amy, just because she seems like the obvious culprit and if pop culture has taught us anything, it's that it's never who you thought it was. :-D

The best bits, IMHO:

-Batman and Robin

-Tristan's thievery and Rory's suggestion of citizen's arrest. I really would love to see that!

-full disclosure: I love it when they talk about Tristan's gun... it's hot. And I don't like even like guns. So that's saying something.

-kiss!

-"awkwardness of high school proportions"

And awww, the last scene on the sidwewalk is almost heartbreaking. Can't these two kids just stop fighting themselves and work it out?

Guess I'll have to keep reading to find out! ;-)
midnightandahalf chapter 4 . 11/16/2011
"The plot thickens"! Drama, inner turmoil... It just keeps getting better and better!

Greatest hits:

-You'll never hear me complain about a Ramones reference

-"Old habits die hard" - so true! This is often how I view Tristan... like he just can't help himself. :-)

-Hahahaha, LOVE Rory getting the upper hand - "Tristan faltered a beat. Maybe it was two." Perfect!

-I'm still liking the 'guess Rory's felony' game

Awww, she asked him out! And it was adorably awkward, too! Lol.

Thanks for the tip about your LJ, I checked it out and almost got totally sucked in and lost... I don't have any semblance of self-discipline, so I'm going to avoid it until I'm done with this story at least, so I don't spoil anything for myself. :-)
midnightandahalf chapter 3 . 11/15/2011
Things are heating up! Very very well-written bickering and stewing in emotional drama. I'm officially hooked.

The best of the best:

-Love love love the entire opening scene, especially Tristan's drawer of tricks. Lovely, witty banter galore!

-Doll face!

-OMG I love that he took her notepad again

-Big Bang Theory reference...always a win

-And, of course, Lorelai :-)

Also, I'm beginning to like Mark more and more. You play him off Tristan brilliantly. Off to read about how their little excursion goes.
midnightandahalf chapter 2 . 11/15/2011
Ooooh, they're clashing! Love the antagonism.

My faves from this chapter:

-Lucy and Olivia! So often overlooked, but pair so amazingly well with Rory. "Genius!"

-Tristan tearing away her notebook page. I could easily picture it - that scene was cute and awesome.

Not gonna lie, I had no idea what this chapter's title meant, so I Googled, and that led me to my iTunes library, and a lightbulb went off and I started to piece it together, and I skimmed through the next 2 stories' chapter titles... I'm a little embarrassed at how long I spent, but now I guess I've got a sountrack! Gotta love Slash, right?

Reading on, now. :-)
midnightandahalf chapter 1 . 11/15/2011
Oh my god... A well-written Trory with my favorite kind of witty banter, and a FELICITY reference? I'm pretty sure I'm in love.

I haven't read many (if any) Trories, but I can't tell you how psyched I am that I checked yours out, and that it's a running series!

One of many of my favorite quips:

"I can't say that I've ever pictured you as a cop, Tristan."

"But you have pictured me," he supplied easily

Hehehe. I'm super excited to read more as soon as possible. :-)