Reviews for Monkeyfist's Christmas
Cloaked Glydr chapter 1 . 3/2
Me: OMG WHOA WHAT? Excellent story. Loved the pondering at the end, because the story was a good symbolism to the Lord. Monkey Fist was also in character, unlike some other holday FF i hav read. Keep reading!
cat94208 chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
Normally I am very wary of holiday stories as they tend to be sappy or even worse out of character, but this one was excellent. Monty seemed to me to be very in character and this story actually taught something. Great job!
Mr. Wizard chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
An amazing story. It took me completely by surprise. I could see Monty do such a thing regarding the deer, thinking those thoughts, and your last twist is not out of the question.
Omnifighter1 chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
I don't see much of a feel-good-feeling is this, in fact it seems incomplete.
Joe Stoppinghem chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
Nice fable wrapped in the KP Universe.

The story flowed well and the lesson was a very good one too.

One can determine the how good a story is by wanting to hear the next chapter, even though they know it's a one shot.

This is one of those stories.

Thanks for the time and effort you've put in this, I enjoyed reading it.
Reader101w chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
Cool story,

I was already familiar with the outline of the story.

You made it work out very well with Monkey Fist as the main character, also the descriptions around the main story line fitted very well.

Keep up the good writing,

whitem chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
Now this was indeed good. I would have never thought to do a Christmas story with Monkey Fist. It sort of had a 'Grinch' feel to it when Fist is referring to the villagers.

The end caught me a little off guard, as I wasn't expecting the lesson there. Nice job in that aspect...

Thanks so much for participating in my contest, and Good Luck!
Robert Teague chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
I remember hearing the story this is based on listening to Paul Harvey many years ago.

Nicely done interpretation!
purplegirl761 chapter 1 . 12/11/2010
That was just. . . beautiful. I wish I could find something else to say, but this just knocked the words right out of me. I *love* it.

Thanks for such a wonderful story, and a very Merry Christmas to you, too! :)
AmericanGecko chapter 1 . 12/10/2010

I wish there were better words to describe my reaction to this story, but really that just about sums it up.

I personally have been dealing with a crisis of faith, and here you have potentially swayed me a bit back towards that which I was raised to believe.

Truly inspiring, and even greater that the ending stayed hidden until the reveal.

Truly nice work. :)

acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
Hey, excellent, very thoughtful story.

Keep the good writing.
Yamal chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
Good story. Nice work, thanks!
Sentinel103 chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
Inspirational. A revealation to the misguided English Lord.

Nice way to do it Daccu.

Larry (Sentinel 103)
Katsumara chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
Very nicely done here, daccu, as all your stories basically are. I really enjoy your writing style, especially in the KP universe. Keep up the great work!
Muzzlehatch chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
Wonderful parable. Thanks for writing it. By the way, don't ever apologise for your religious beliefs, it's a bad habit to get into, especially these days. How often do you hear an atheist apologise?