Reviews for All the white horses have gone ahead
whitewolf1559 chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
This was really great!
LolaRedMuse chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
killers:

"She doesn't quite have the heart to point out the flaws in his picture." perfect.

"She was impossible to handle any other way." wow!

"(It isn't adoration, but it is ridiculously close to love. Or maybe it's ridiculously beyond love, somehow.)" 1 of my favest!

"Cal will never get the honour or the black mark of being the first to break her" sooo sad.

"she'd heard those first sounds of cracks forming and spreading." love the imagery here.

"promises and promises and so many unkept promises" :(

"He'd proffer that he wasn't lucky number seven, he'd be zero. A bet with risks, but he would start the count all over again, and no other number would follow." THE FAVEST OF THEM ALL!

what a fic my dear! wow! so sad, so profound, so introspective, so brutally honest from her own POV! i adored it!
Fearsome Foursome chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
I love the pace and symmetry of this story. Such wonderful character portraits of them both. Thanks for sharing!
yayfornonsense chapter 1 . 12/11/2010
Somehow, tragically, I missed this, so sorry that I'm just now getting around to reviewing. Love this:

"It isn't adoration, but it is ridiculously close to love. Or maybe it's ridiculously beyond love, somehow."

That made me all warm and fuzzy inside, because Cal totally loves Gillian beyond, like, the normal capacity of love. It's true.

Very, poetic, overall. I love how you can make prose sound like poetry. Great job! Thanks for sharing.
Calculated Artificiality chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
I LOVE YOU MORE!

Okay, I love this story. I love the concept that she is broken- and how you outline the people that have done it and that if he was LUCKY he'd get to be the next guy.

Hopeful angst is my second favorite kind of angst (resolved angst is my favorite!) but YOU are my favorite! Buuut, you already knew that.
Rugbygirrl chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
This was beautiful! I love the way you wrote about her pretending to be who she thought Cal saw when he saw the real her all along. Just amazing!
Alebarda chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
Since I suck at reviewing, I'm going to use non-verbal communication: 3!

(Loved it. A LOT!)
LightWoman chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
Wow. This was beautiful and poetic and thoughtful, and a very accurate glimpse into their psyches and relationship. I'd list my favourite parts but I'd be here all day. But I loved it, so thank you :-)
sash queen of the jungle chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
Thanks for writing more callian. Yippe!
s a r a a c chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
I love, love, LOVE your way with words.

Sara
Ardelier chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
A, man. For all your stuff, really.

You are a fabulous writer. Thanks for putting this out there.

Cheers.
Village Hall chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
Thank you so, so much for posting something today. No, seriously - it's an amazing stress-reliever, and this fit my mood exactly. I was really hoping for some good!fic, and lo and behold! You come along and post some!

I really like the way you used to parentheses as a rhetorical device - they somehow fit the way the story flows and clarify in an indirect way.

It felt like I could really understand what Gillian was thinking - and feel her emotions, you know? And the last line made me smile :).
Regal-Song chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
Dude, I love you. No, see because we were talking about fics where there's waiting and I was having a ranty moment and all the while, you were writing this, weren't you? And it's BEAUTIFUL. Because it's EXACTLY what I meant of them. Because they're not so scared, as patient and they've just go so much to offer, so much to give, so much that's ALREADY between them that it's a lot to wade through. They'll get there. It's just a matter of time. But they're getting there, slowly, and that's what matters.

This is brilliant. LOVE IT!