Reviews for What You Don't Know
Avelera chapter 37 . 4/1
This story is insanely good and just what I was looking for when Tangled called me back the other day, even though I've already read this once (closer to when it came out).
There's an intimacy in the way you write the characters, you can feel the love for them in the prose.
And there's something about the way you write Eugene. Much of fanfiction is written by women, but there's a masculinity and a unique view of the masculinity that is inherent to Eugene that is so singular when you write him and so I assume comes from personal experience. He's very "male" in this if that makes any sense, and I don't just mean his sexual interest or experience. He avoids certain emotions, he refuses to admit them to himself. His practical side and his protectiveness of Rapunzel (even when he's the one who needs protecting) shine in a way that I think you as a male writer really excel at showing. I only say this as someone who spends a lot of time thinking about how to write masculine vs. feminine characters, but it's just really fascinating to see such a masculine character as Eugene written by a man.
Back to the prose, the sex scenes in this are scintillatingly hot. The psychology is fascinating too. During the orphanage scenes I just wanted to hug Eugene and get him out of there, it was the one time I wanted Rapunzel to get out of her own head a bit or for Eugene to stop hiding his emotions enough for her to realize he was the one freaking out there and being brought face to face with his version of Gothel and the tower.
You also bring out the really fascinating dichotomy of Rapunzel's "family" after the end of the film's story. Sure she's "found" her family, but her Eugene didn't know any of that. There's a strange power balance there because Eugene is her found family and her parents are a different sort of found family, and both are sort of in contention for who gets her time and who gets to being with her and be her introduction to the world. Parents would obviously want to catch up with and protect their long-missing child, but she and Eugene are equals and have gone through more together than she has with anyone in the world that wasn't Gothel or Pascal. So whose claim comes first? The struggle inherent in the question is the stuff of rich drama which you portray. And I did like the side plot with the forced kiss. It would be too easy for Rapunzel to love Eugene out of ignorance, but you showed again and again that even had she grown up in the outside world she would have been attracted to him (now THERE'S a fic that would be interesting to read).
There's a beauty and intimacy of this story that I hope you're very proud of. You've crafted a masterpiece here.
Disney has confirmed the names of Rapunzel's parents are Arianna and Frederick. Just an FYI.

Good work thus far.
vigorouslydenyingeverything chapter 1 . 2/3
the best Tangled fic on here by far! you captured Eugene's character so welland the same goes for Rapunzel. this was a wonderful take on the ever after of the two. this wwas sexy, adorable and all sorts of wonderful! you are awesome! thank you for the ride! keep writing!

also. i love Max here.
vigorouslydenyingeverything chapter 1 . 2/3

also. i love Max here.
vigorouslydenyingeverything chapter 37 . 2/2
The best Tangled fic I've come across by far! This was all sorts of sexy, adorable, and charming!

You wrote the characters so well and made them all the more endearing (especially Eugene!) in spite of their flaws.

Wonderful job with handling Max and Pascal's characters.
And not to mention the way you integrated the Snuggly Duckling crew and their friendship with Rapunzel and Eugene. even the interactions between Eugene and the King and Queen are hilarious.

ANYWAY YOU ARE AWESOME THIS IS AWESOME THANK YOU, KEEP WRITING!
lyingtonguesareclumsy chapter 1 . 1/28
So I definitely never even thought of Tangled fanfiction and then I saw an author who had favorite your story and now I've read the first chapter and you're honestly just blwoing my mind! Kudos
You need to put up a spoileralert before beginning. The whole reputation of characters is doomed
And you should have skipped the capitan part. How could you show such a loyal, trustworthy and a fatherly figure like that. Disgusting!
Too enticing but it could have been perfect if you portrayed Eugene as naive when it comes to his encounter with a women but know things from his friends . Most girls prefer it that way. You can still edit in that sorts.
duke15tam chapter 3 . 1/24
I think I'm dying of laughter and second hand embarrassment
Storystitcher22 chapter 37 . 1/21
This is such a charming, funny, lovely story! I love the mixture of reality and humor! And the characterizations are so great. Thanks for this!
SunRise19 chapter 37 . 11/12/2017
This chapter was great! Very well written indeed! Brilliant story! I don't know if I'll watch Tangled the same again...hahaha!
SunRise19 chapter 36 . 11/12/2017
AWWW! If you felt this way on your wedding day your wife is a lucky lucky blessed woman!
SunRise19 chapter 35 . 11/12/2017
Interesting chapter! I figured it was Wes that bought the thing from killer...I was like DAMN that's a lot and Wes got screwed!
SunRise19 chapter 34 . 11/12/2017
Haha poor Eugene! Great work here describing everything! It is rushed but gives the feeling of how stressful wedding can be.
2,369 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »