Reviews for What You Don't Know
Fabulist chapter 10 . 12/17/2010
Flynn's jealousy is adorable. That fight between him and the captain was actually pretty nasty.

The time change in this was a bit abrupt - it seemed like she started archery practice AT the tournament.

I love the entire scene at the end - very well written. I love the tension between them, especially the part when they just close their eyes and deal with it - great wording there. I like that Eugene is finally getting something on his end, and it's in a way that feels gentle towards her.

I wonder if he'll start thinking he's a sex object to her (or even have a problem with that?) since the way he described it she goes around and does everything else all day and then comes to him for affection.

There were a bunch of typos in this, which aren't a big deal but it's just unusual for this story! If you ever want a beta, I'd definitely volunteer!
fantasylover4evr chapter 10 . 12/17/2010
ok i am officially in love with this story! plz update again soon!
Meganlovesjb chapter 10 . 12/17/2010
that was hot! flynn finally getting some too ha
KiraJenLove chapter 10 . 12/17/2010
Ewww, that would be messy! But fun! They're getting closer! :)
forever-young-88 chapter 10 . 12/17/2010
This. Is. AWESOME!
CocoRocks chapter 10 . 12/17/2010
Things are really starting to get hot. Keep up the good work.
checkmarkedheart chapter 10 . 12/17/2010
O.o Rawr! Hmm I can't wait to see what you do with the Lord Wesley thing and Flynn. I smell tension too!
heyitskristi chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
I feel like I should clarify, after reading my comment after it was posted. [It's been a while ...] My plot comment seemed critical, which is not what I was going for.

By plot I mean another plot. This story already had one: the smexy one. And now it has a sub plot. Which means it is getting complicated, and therefore, has more depth than just sex. Yaaay! Once again, I can't wait for another update. Haha.
heyitskristi chapter 10 . 12/17/2010
This story keeps getting better and better. And is that a plot coming up? I totally had this idea, but you got to it quicker. I can't wait to see where this goes! Hopefully I can straighten out my fic and make it as good as yours, though I doubt it will be.

Your writing style is amazing. I like how you portray Flynn and Rapunzel in such a mature fic. They're still themselves, which is really hard to do in an M story based on a 'kid's' movie. I also LOVE that you update like once a day. You're my hero.
Kats-Peanut chapter 6 . 12/17/2010
I like the idea for this story, that Rapunzel would struggle with discovering sex, but it has some flaws. For the writing style, I think a past-tense style would have worked better than the present-tense style you used. Also, chapter six bothers me a little, because while some form of condoms did exist in that era (animal intestines, paper, etc), they were not sold packaged until centuries later. Also, birth control pills did not exist until the mid-1900s. Tangled takes place in the 1700s at the very latest. It would be more accurate for Flynn/Eugene to give her herbal douches.
Nuni chapter 10 . 12/17/2010
BEST FANFICTION EVER!

Absolutely adorable! I completely love every line!
xJunainaxAzharax chapter 10 . 12/17/2010
u update really fast! which is great! do it even faster(if possible)
ferrousfic chapter 10 . 12/17/2010
Hmm, Lord Wesley having the same nose as Eugene? His father being named Herbert? Eugene calling Herbert's children bastards? And of course, "fitz" means "son of." I'm sensing a wee bit of foreshadowing about Eugene here. Which is awesome.

I love this story for several reasons (so much that I created an account to review)

1. You're a man. I know they exist in various fandoms, but it's rare to see a fic (especially a smutty one) written by a guy. And this is a great story.

2. I love that you're exploring the consequences of Rapunzel having basically no human interaction for all of her life, and how that affects her relationships. One could suppose she read about normal people in books, but from what I recall her three books were science-y, not literature and I doubt that Gothel brought her more. It's pretty amazing that the Gothel took the time to teach her to read in the first place. Gothel only loved her as a possession, so Rapunzel really doesn't know about love at all, physical or otherwise. (As an aside: I love that in the movie instead of declarations of love between Rapunzel and Eugene they instead said they were each other's dreams. I have a feeling that Rapunzel could relate to that more seriously/normally than love.)

3. Your world-building is excellent, and your characters ring true. We know very little about the King and Queen and life in the kingdom but everything you've written feels believable.

4. Your posting schedule is phenomenal. A well written, plot-driven chapter a day? Fantastic.

Sorry I've rambled on quite a bit. Keep up the wonderful work and I look forward to more updates!
Puma chapter 9 . 12/17/2010
I love your fast updates :)

This was the best scene of this chapter:

"You're not going to be able to breathe like that," she says.

He lifts his head enough to say, "Passing out is the plan."

Haha! Lovely!
arosynose chapter 9 . 12/17/2010
...This. Hnng.

Just about died during the first part because, gee, I like guys' backs! I like them a lot.

Eugene would have a very nice back, I bet. Thank you for this mental image 3