Reviews for What You Don't Know
Alwendil chapter 7 . 12/6/2013
Oh, okay.

I salute you sir.

I appreciate that you understand the gravity of your errors, and are willing to pay the appropriate penalty. I'd say two death sentences, though, for not being willing to go back and take five minutes to fix them. Maybe hung, and then shot while being hung? Sounds like it would work. Maybe throw in some fire for good measure.

Although I understand your dismissal of any importance to it, I feel you should go and correct the errors (Well, not now, but if you noticed so soon you should've done it at the time). Because fanfiction is amateur and serial you have opportunity (and I'd say a duty) to fix such obvious errors. I just don't understand why some people are so obstinate in this regard. Oh well, what's done is done.

Still great writing. Third Person Limited Present Tense is a weird style to write in, but you do a good job with it.
Alwendil chapter 6 . 12/6/2013
Oh my god, you made it worse. I'm speechless, really. Utterly speechless. Especially since you mentioned sheep intestine condoms too.

Gregor Mendel was mostly dismissed for his work, and it wasn't recognised by the scientific community until 1900 or so. Even Darwin hadn't known about it! I am so disappointed. I was so hoping you wouldn't make this mistake as I was reviewing the last chapter.

Great writing though.
Alwendil chapter 5 . 12/6/2013
OH GOD THE ANACHRONISM. MY EYES. THEY WEEP BLOOD.

You're a grown man! And a teacher! This is basic stuff! Darwin published his theory in 1859, and didn't even conceive of it until the 1830s. YOUR MISTAKE IS UNACCEPTABLE. I REFUSE TO ACCEPT YOUR EXCUSES.

This is 'officially' set in the 1780s on Real Earth and definitely, no matter the plausible forward chronological stretch, pre-Darwin. Even if this is to be AU to proper earth history, it would still be pre-evolutionary-theory. Evolution is not a thing yet; people (in Europe, of course) believed at that time that homo sapiens sapiens was created in its current and only form by God in His image.

And genetics was stuck in the "blending inheritance" phase, which, for anyone too lazy to look it up, is that offspring tended to be the "average" of the parents. Which has obvious problems even here, as Rapunzel is shorter than both her parents by a wide margin, though her hair and eye colour fit the model. Anyway, bringing anything factual into a story requires RIGOROUS FACT CHECKING! RIGOROUS, I SAY! Don't skip out on five minutes of reading on wikipedia just because what you're writing is fanfiction. There is no excuse for unintentional anachronism!

I liked the rest of the story anyway, though, to this point. Nice writing, and definitely a sensible take on the whole "raised in intentional ignorance of everything" thing that Rapunzel has going on. Got the characters just right too, I feel.

Anyway, you seem like (from the first five chapters of this story and your profile) an intelligent man who didn't need me to explain this to you. I just couldn't let such an egregious error alone. I'd like to apologize for my inability to let it alone, though. And for my long-windedness. My mind, it holds much wind.
Little Gem Magnolia chapter 37 . 12/5/2013
This was beautiful. I love how this was void of all the teenage-drama-esque crap that most Tangled fics seem to be riddled with and actually contains real problems that mature relationships face. The characters are nicely developed and real and I appreciate how you portrayed everyone, very true to their original characters.

Very nice fic.
Little Gem Magnolia chapter 13 . 12/5/2013
Hello. I have recently started reading your story and, as per usual with completed fics, I was going to wait until I got to the end to review but I just had to review at this chapter because Pascal is adorable. I think a lot of times in fanfic people neglect Pascal and Maximus and I was pleased to see that you included them. You also seem to have a really good grasp on how they should be acting because I love Eugene and Max's love/hate heart-to-hearts and Pascals little trick to gain entrance to Eugene's room in this one. So right on.

I also want to say that I'm really pleased with how this one is going so far. So many times in Tangled fics people have Eugene as restless, wishing to go back to thieving but that's pretty unrealistic. Why would he do that when he didn't start stealing because he wanted to but because he had to? I do think that all of the obstacles he's facing in your fic are pretty realistic, though and I can't wait to see where this story goes.

Thank you so much for writing this.
Entropy284 chapter 37 . 12/5/2013
I don't know that I can say it better than so many of the reviewers before me but this story was amazing from start to finish. Really your writing is incredible. I'm sad that its over, but I see you've got more stories out there so I'll have to read those too :) Thanks so much for writing this!
Entropy284 chapter 29 . 12/5/2013
Hahaha .. the critique of Eugene's story telling sounds oh so familiar, especially the boy who supports the dragon/princess pairing. Loved this!
Winter Aquamarine chapter 37 . 12/5/2013
It's so good. All my questions about how it was gonna work out for them were answered. The King and Queen were portrayed excellently. I especially liked Eugenes interactions with the Queen.
Entropy284 chapter 19 . 12/4/2013
"Pascal is ... also here" lmao

This story just gets better and better. Love everything about it :)
Entropy284 chapter 3 . 12/4/2013
I was trying to read this chapter at work and have been forced to stop. It is not physically possible to keep the laughter in. Your writing is just fantastic :)
twice the rogue chapter 4 . 12/4/2013
It's ALIVE!
twice the rogue chapter 3 . 12/4/2013
Rapunzel's bust thoughts are hilarious.
Tanairy Cornelio chapter 37 . 11/11/2013
Great story! :)
Langus chapter 37 . 11/6/2013
God, that was amazing! Bravo, good Sir, bravo! A thoroughly enjoyable read from start to finish.
LuxKen27 chapter 37 . 11/3/2013
Two separate people directed me to your story when I sent out a call asking for some smut-spiration. I was hesitant at first, given the length of the fic and the fact that I've never seen the movie, and know nothing about it beyond what one can pick up from Tumblr. But, I have it a try and I'm glad I did, because after the first couple of chapters, I was thoroughly hooked :) I, too, was caught stifling many a laugh during my lunch hour, because you managed to strike a great balance between the smutty stuff and the humor, and then the drama/angst/happy ending.

So basically, I came for the sexytimes and stayed for the romance, and came to care about characters I hadn't given a second thought to before. Well done, my friend!

(And yes, in case you were wondering, the smut-spiration worked - both for me, and for one of the aforementioned friends who sent me to this story. So thanks!)
2,130 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »