Reviews for Pearl Girl
RiverDarkness chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
Ha! The bane for all females! Atleast he pulled her aside to give her the tampons. But god it woud be hell being a ninja during your period. Good old gai sensei go the rescue!
BD chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
I totally agree with you about athletics and the necessity of tampons, but Gai? The horror/embarrassment!

Thanks for writing and sharing! I enjoyed reading this short story!
UshEmmy chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
i feel so bad for TenTen. I know Gai means well, but sometimes i think he can be a little overwhelming with stuff like that. i thought it was hilarious especially when he held the tampons up and said "do you know what tampons are?"
ch0c0late.chip.c00kie chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
AHAHAHAHHAHA

OMG

sksadfjl

gai-sensei is such a good father figure/sensei to tenten! :D
xTsukuyomii chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
Love it! This was hilarious! Please keep up the good work!
kratos's appreintice chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
I was laughing my ass off the entire time. Poor tenten. I can sympathise. And silly, they'd use playtex sport, not tampax, and still a pad as well. I did karate for ten years, about seven of which I had the same problem
AMoRPoP chapter 1 . 3/17/2011
Tampons aren't that popular in any part of Asia, pads are. Besides, it's never strictly stated that Tenten is an orphan but the fic was great! I really loved it and keep up the good work!

P/S: Playing soccer while on your period? Pity.
HinataMorningstar chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
YOSH!
pisceanchic101 chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
lOL, nice ending.
sandataba chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
Errrr... Very demographically specific. In Asia, as far as I know, tampons aren't very widely used. Not familiar with the pearl girl advertisement, but after reading this, I moseyed over to a grocery that sold imported products and a casual perusal of the packaging greeted me immediately with a "WARNING: IMPROPER USE OF TAMPONS POSES THE RISK OF TOXIC SHOCK SYNDROME" which, quite simply, is a little alarming for someone who's not too versed with these things. Women can get poisoned by tampons? I hope Gai educates Tenten on this apparent health risk as well.

I have a friend who told me she used tampons on her wedding day, much better than pads for ensuring no embarrassing stains on her gown. Well, okay. Eniwei. Aside from being a little queasy at the subject, (I find myself unable to tackle such delicate topics but am happy that you go where others do not) I'm glad Gai was a lot more "subtle" in your take on her first few menstrual periods, and Tenten didn't have to tell him to die in a fire. ;)
Iroka chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
This was simply wonderful, funny and so in-character. I would assume this is exactly how Might Guy would act if this were to ever happen.

No critique, this story was great! Going on my favorite's list.
Sepsis chapter 1 . 12/10/2010
"He was a subtle man, after all." xDDD That was awesome! Gai is cool and I really like him when you write him.._
scorpion05 chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
He was a subtle man... OMG, thanks for making me laugh )

it's sweet written!
Rain that fell from the sky chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
lol XD i liked it
mistresssasori chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
OMG!

poor Tenten. But funny as hell!