Reviews for Destiny and Free Will
the-cari-moose chapter 1 . 3/13
My heart was literally pounding in the sorting ceremony because I was so scared that Scorpius was going to be sorted into Slytherin. I was devastated when he was and although I love that you put Albus with him to help him through it I thought personally myself that both of them would have been better placed somewhere else. Where exactly I'm not sure of but neither of them appear to be very cunning, of the three of them if I was to say who was the most cunning it would be Rose. That doesn't mean that she belongs in Slytherin. While I was unsure where you put her I agree with your decision because I feel it suited her personality. She is obviously a very bold little girl from the way she felt with Scorpius on the train. A Ravenclaw probably wouldn't have viewed it as being important to comfort a scared looking boy.

Once again though your story writing is awesome in the sense that I actually felt scared during the sorting ceremony for Scorpius. Once again I praise you 3
Cita chapter 1 . 4/7/2014
Cool! I've seen TONS of people sort Albus into Slytherin, and it always bugged me. Given his parents and the epilogue, I just couldn't see him ending up there, but EVERYONE PUTS HIM THERE. Anyway, I never liked it, until I read your story. So cool that he's a very Gryffindor-ish person, but he chose Slytherin to stick with/protect Scorpius. I think it makes the most sense of any next-gen sorting I've read. And I like the whole Malfoy stigma bit. Well, I don't like it, but it seems very real. Anyway, I just really like how all of it went down, especially with Alice and McGonagall. (I know, right? Of course she'd still be there!) Also, I loved that he went by "Al" more than "Albus". I think that's what JKR was going for, but most people still seem to just call him Albus anyway.

Yeah. Very good. You're a great writer. Lots of stories get boring VERY fast, but this doesn't. It's well-told. Also, I love your excellent punctuation. And proper usage and all that, but especially the punctuation. Well done!
cuckoopuff chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
I've actually read a lot of Next Gen Fics where Albus and Scorpius are friends and in Slytherin, but none of those could justify the Harry-Albus scene in HP7 seeing as Albus was so afraid of being sorted into Slytherin. Well done! Good Job!
belief.in.magic chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
that was a really different version to others, I really enjoyed it
hpfanatic77 chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
Really, really liked the story. And Albus was extremely brave.
David Fishwick chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
Brilliant idea and thanks for writing.
Taylor chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
Nice story )
LateReader chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
This is what I always imagine of their sorting-hat event. Rose, somewhat, always landed in Gryff thanks to Granger-Weasley gene, and always given second choice in Claw. Scorpius, hmm, you've had it summarized why he still carry the family torch for Slyth. Having ex death eater family post-war and different upbringing from Draco leads him to become an insecure-but-nicer Malfoy (which you describe well). As for Albus, I think Jo's hint in epilogue is quite clear, righty?
By far, my favorite next-gen fanfic. Cheers B)
Phosphorescent chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
I love the way that you've written the next generation. They have elements of their parents but are noticeably their own people.
yay chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
This is really nice. I love how you make the sorting Albus's decision. I also like the fact that you mention that they still have contact with the non-magical Dursleys.
The QAS chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
Yeah, you're not alone. I know a lot of people who put Scorpius and Albus in Slytherin. Personally, I see it a bit differently (Albus in Gryffindor, Scorpius in Slytherin, and Rose in Ravenclaw). Overall, a good one-shot. I especially liked the description of the pets. Abyssinians are one of my favorite cat breeds. Clever part on the naming as well. Your choice of words overall was ingenious by itself. Good job.

~The QAS
00Verisimilitude00 chapter 1 . 11/15/2011
This was so cute!
ballerinadoll9 chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
Brilliant.

Absolutely freakin' brilliant.

In just one chapter, you made Al a fabulous, amazing character and took my be surprised with the outcome.

Love love love it.
Galadrieliel chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
Beautifully done. Definitely the best Al/Scorp/Rose-sorting oneshot.
Flavio S chapter 1 . 6/22/2011