Reviews for Might Have Been
AndShadowsWatchingOverMe chapter 2 . 4/5/2014
I know this fic is a bit old by the Internet standards but I liked it so much that I thought it deserved a review. Good job. Had a good feeling reading it. The plot was plausible and I really just enjoyed myself reading it.
Thanks for a good reading experience.
D.D. Natanya chapter 2 . 1/15/2014
I'm crying again. But they're happy tears- crying when you're happy. . . . .That's so human.
Thank you, for this wonderful piece of work, it's going in my favorites.
D.D. Natanya chapter 1 . 1/15/2014
That was awfully heart-breaking. Started tearing up so bad could hardly see the last couple of sentences. I kind of wonder how you came up with this, but then again, when someone is both a good writer and dedicated fan, I suppose it isn't too hard.
I'm hoping the next chapter will be a little less depressing.
evillaugh chapter 2 . 8/28/2013
se-quel! se-quel! se-quel!
*claps enthusiastically*
whoohooo!
Zyar chapter 2 . 3/31/2013
This is so beautiful, and so well written.
I swear I almost cried at the end of the first chapter, I loved the last lines: "She cries for all that might have been. But never was." Was plainly poignant... and awesome... I don't even have words to describe it and I'm not sure if I want to try, heh. Anyway...
Goes to my favorites.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 2 . 8/17/2012
A broken chessboard is trash, but a broken puzzle is a new game - and it's nicer if you don't have to make it alone. *claps*
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
*cries* They got sick of the old kid's game, slipped up and shattered the rules into a million pieces. All they could do was carry on through the bitter end.
killing u with umbrellas chapter 2 . 6/5/2012
I absolutely loved it.
Max Evelyn chapter 2 . 3/20/2012
Oh wow! I so loved this XD
LittlePlagueSpirit chapter 2 . 12/21/2011
But how-when-why-who-MY BRAIN CAN'T UNDERSTAND THIS! DX

Oh, what gives anyway. He's alive! He's alive! I don't know how he did it, but he's not dead!

On the other hand, he's probably misserable, lonely, depressed, and, since Metroman is dead, he's probably lost his purpose in life. But nothing Roxanne can't fix! (hmm, on the other hand, she isn't very happy herself, so cheering up by her will be hard...)

Well, they got each other now, they both aren't dead, and they have found each other, so that must count as some kind of happy ending. A sad but nice addition to the last chapter. Very good.
LittlePlagueSpirit chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
This...this is one of the painfullest might-have-been that I have ever read. Oh my gosh, I never thought about this kind of possibility, but when you started to write it out, it indeed got me thinking.

The scary good thing about this chapter is that it also could HAVE BEEN. It seems logic, this process of endless fighting. The routine has to be broken once, and Roxanne was simply the one to do it. Not on purpose, but it happened nothingless. Very haunting, very painful, and therefore a very good chapter.
NaaraHatake chapter 2 . 10/5/2011
Oh my god, I was on the verge of tears!
Kaylee Tam chapter 2 . 7/21/2011
Honestly, I thought that how you ended the second chapter was how you were going to end the first. I thought the man with the handlebar mustache was Metro Man in disguise, that they had gotten together to fake both their deaths and that Megamind was right around the corner.

I didn't cry when I read this but that's not fault of yours; if I were in a different mood I probably would have been bawling. It was really jarring when you read their descriptions from ten years later. I think it's safe to say that everyone prefers the movie ending, though your story was certainly just as - if not more - emotionally gripping.
Lanier chapter 2 . 6/12/2011
Okay... you made me cry with this fict, I'm crying right now. it's.. it's so sad yet so beautiful, I'm so glad you finally added the last chapter, seriously.

Ah... I should say.. thank you so much for write it, I loved it, so much, too much.

You did a really good work on it.
I Believe In Fairytales 606 chapter 2 . 6/10/2011
Okay I'm not going to lie. The first time I read the first chapter I was in a depressed state for almost two days strait. It was weird cause I know it was a tragedy but I couldn't help but fall in love with this couple all over again. I mean you had me on the brink of death by laughing so hard and just cooing over how absolutely adorable these two were. So when I read the Epilogue I was totally shocked because. I had no idea that this would be the outcome. I was pretty much numb for the past 48 hrs till I noticed that you updated. And boy am I glad I did! I LOVED how it worked out. I thought it was in character, the emotions were simply heartwarming, and the relieve Roxanne felt for simply having the ability to talk to him later nearly had me to tears.

So I congratulate you for making me feel such a roller coaster ride of emotions. Thank you for sharing with us such a beautiful piece of art.

(P.S. If you could do you think you could kind of make a sequel to this? Just to see how their relationship goes. Or even a mini showing what they've been doing for the past ten years and whether if they've been thinking of the other. Just a thought.)