Reviews for Second Chances
GoldenEyes chapter 7 . 5/16/2014
This is fantastic! I love all the complexities and plausibility of this story. I don't care for how T'Pau and Sarek's treatment of Elder Spock when they find out or how Bones is cold to him but it's understandable. Then the twist with the Mirrors and how to get rid of them is great! I hope you update soon. I want to find out Kirk's plan and what happens next. Fantastic job.
CommanderSpork chapter 7 . 7/25/2013
You seriously have a thing for plot!
Gee, this is (almost) too complex, and good, for a fanfiction!
Too bad you won't be likely to upload any more chapters.
CommanderSpork chapter 1 . 7/24/2013
This blows my mind! The plot is so... outstanding! And I haven't spotted anything about the writing yet that I didn't like (which is rare in fanfictions).
My sincere compliments to you. (:
Lunetta The Wind Goddess chapter 1 . 5/23/2013
This looks amazing! Poor nuSpock though!
*cries* Hope it works out in the end!
T'Preea chapter 1 . 5/10/2013
Wow, I'm reading this again, and I still cant believe that this would happen. Bones would man up and tell Jim the truth, and I can't believe that either Spock would lie to Jim like this. Jim is going to find out eventually. Please finish this. (insert puppy dog eyes)
Guest chapter 7 . 1/10/2013
Give me more. Also Spock Prime wouldnt do this for 2 reasons:
1. The Jim Kirk of this universe is VERY different from the Jim Kirk of Spock Prime's universe.
2. Also Spock Prime is a sucker for rules and the Vulcan way. It was a Vulcan law he went against. He would NEVER go against Vulcan law then lie to everyone. He is not capable of that. He's too loyal for that.

Good plot behind whats going on with Spock Prime. But I'd rather have this story be with Young Spock not dead.
Aytheria chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
Interesting. Very interesting. I just thought I'd point out the grammar of the old english formal tense 'thou' 'thee' and 'thy'. You got it mostly correct towards the end, but the beginning was consistently switching the subject pronoun with the object pronoun.

It's fairly straight forward. Let's compare it to 'I' the subject, 'me' the direct or indirect object and 'my' the possessive.

In other words, 'thou' is the subject pronoun, like 'I' and "he' and 'she'. 'thee' is NOT the subject pronoun and therefore you cannot in fact use it as a subject (i.e. you cannot say 'thee bring thyself to shame'), but only as an object receiving the action of a verb: for example, "I give thee a book" ('thee' in this case is the person receiving the action of giving from the subject, not the subject itself). Finally, 'thy' is of course a possessive. And 'thyself' is fairly self-explanatory.

Finally, verb conjugations with 'thou' add an 'st' or 't' on the ends of verbs.

So, examples:

"Thou doest not need read thy book that thy professor hast given thee."
or, to illustrate using one of your sentences:

"How darest thou commit such acts of dishonour and then to tell me thou hast found the lost, sacred bond of t'hy'la! Thou bringst thyself and thy people shame! It is only because of our loss that only I am strong enough to know whom thou really art. Thou hast murdered Spock! Thou art not Vulcan and thou art no grandson of mine!"

Just to point out: the 'th' ending (i.e. 'hath') is for the conjugation of third person singular 'he/'she' only. (ex: He hath no honour) but in second person, singular always use 'st' and 't' endings (ex: Thou hast no honour).

Well, hopefully that helped! I suppose it's not the most important thing in the world, but I think it will be much easier to write old shakespearean style text with those simple rules in mind! Not to mention grammar's a bit of a passion of mine, so excuse the rambling.

Gonna go read the next chapter now! I'm very excited to see where you take this, even if it's not finished.

Cheers,

Ria
Aguna chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
Great story
Redd1978 chapter 7 . 11/28/2011
OKay..and u're not finishing this story ..why?
Doni chapter 7 . 6/27/2011
Intriguing and engaging with the twists to the mirrorverse incident on top of the underlying plot. As much as I love Spock Prime, there is just something bitterly sad though about the younger Spock's life being cut so abruptly short. I want Spock Prime to be happy, but it seems unfair that it is at the expense of a Spock who never really had a chance to life. What is up with the barren room? Is the dream version of him perhaps a fragment of his katra? I'm hooked. Can't wait for more.
KnoKnayme chapter 7 . 5/23/2011
Man! They are in some serious hot water!
circa divide chapter 7 . 5/7/2011
This is a very interesting story. At times you kind of forget that it's not the same Spock but it still is Spock and it's very interesting. I wonder what is going to happen next in the situation they're in while also wondering what is going to happen with them and how their relationship changes. I also wonder how Jim is going to take the secret beneath it all and I can't wait for the cumulation of all these events. I can't wait for more!
queen of magicians chapter 7 . 5/6/2011
this is so good. keep going!
gone5eva chapter 7 . 5/6/2011
That was amazing! I hope this 'plan' of jim's works.
ShamelessSpocker chapter 7 . 5/6/2011
Well hello there! Long time, no see! Your story is going well. The mirror universe is truly evil and disgusting. The scenes in the brig are awesome. The story Evil Spock gives about becoming Praetor and his Jim Kirk becoming a slave are horrible. When our Spock and Jim cry together it breaks my heart, but Jim's got a plan. Jim always has a plan. Spock had better just hold on, because it's gonna get bumpy from here. He's getting deeper and deeper into lying and I feel bad for him. All he wanted was to love Jim Kirk, and save him from the pain of the younger Spock dying. The story is going along well, and I appreciate the update. Sorry to hear of your writer's block. This is precisely why I don't do WIPs. I couldn't update fast enough. You have my admiration. Hope to hear from you again soon!
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »