Reviews for Not Tourists But Travelers
genxjam chapter 11 . 2/13
I've watched Blood diamond for a couple of times now and it has always bugged me that Archer died, but anyways in this story he's alive and kickin' and I'm hoping you won't abandon this one. It's been 2 years since you last updated but I'll still be waiting for your update
Tamara Ryder chapter 11 . 12/2/2014
This is great. I'm hooked.
I know everyone keeps saying how sad it is that Blood Diamond has so few stories, but what this page lacks in quantity it more than makes up for in quality. Almost all the stories here are real stories with good characterization and original plots. Keep them coming.
pujalysfelton chapter 11 . 1/14/2014
great story... Shame you stopped updating !
rjt040190 chapter 11 . 5/13/2013
Gawdddddddddd! oh God! this story is SO SO GOOD... no its great!

please continue this story.
Guest chapter 11 . 5/12/2013
This fic is amazing! You right beautifully. There is so much depth to the characters. I love that you've taken what was hinted at in the movie and breathed life into it, especially Archer. Archer is so difficult to pin down but you've captured him brilliantly. It's difficult to observe his character as he is now and then work your way backwards, find out what makes him tick, what experiences made and unmade him – but again you've delivered. Those flashbacks were perfect. Needless to say your language is beautiful and soooo addictive. The entire plot is intriguing and has many moving moments. I love the whole Archer whitewater metaphor, brilliant. And I love that we can see in Archer's head and Maddy can't. That may sound strange but I've read some fanfics where characters just seem able to read all the other characters perfectly, or the author forgets that things just shouldn't be that easy. Like, "Archer passes his hand over his face – she cannot tell if he's shaken or simply annoyed by the inconvenience." From that part with the rhinos. I just appreciate the fact that even though we know Archer, he is still an enigma. I really, really hope you don't forget about this story. It is this story that has me addicted to Archer and Maddy, and Africa and T.I.A and Blood Diamond. That movie only scratched the surface. Anyway, I've already read this fic twice and it's made me want so much more. Unfortunately, no other fics can compare to this. Anyway, I hope you update.
Chades chapter 11 . 7/31/2012
Dear Lord,an update! Wohoo! Your writing definitely hasn't suffered, you're still as ever and I very much enjoyed the latest addition to your little tale. Thanks!
neonntiger2 chapter 11 . 7/30/2012
LOVE THIS! so glad you're still updating this fic, i can't wait for another chapter :')
Morning-Sunset chapter 11 . 7/30/2012
I'm so pleased you've finally updated again! I love this story and really want to see it finished,
Morning-Sunset chapter 10 . 12/29/2011
ahhh, real mind reader, right?

never realised how excellent your taste in music was either :); I genuinely think this may be my favourite chapter of my favourite story on this site. And I know you said once that it was easier to write Danny than Maddy but I wholly disagree and think you did an excellent job writing Danny and an excellent job of creating his past- this all blatantly happened pre-movie.

As far as I'm concerned, the film ended with Danny dying on the mountain top and then it stopped and started up here.

I suppose Maddy will be fairly instrumental in him fixing up his life and doing things right and maybe next time he meets Solomon, he'll have a different answer to the whole children-wife-home exchange although, I admit, am struggling to see him in a very domestic environment... (Maddy too for that matter)

thanks for the update!
Dunas Priest chapter 10 . 12/28/2011
You finally updated! c: I can't wait for the next chapter, I love how you portray Archer and all the conflicts he has.
Chades chapter 9 . 12/18/2011
Oh no! Thats what was going on in my head when I finished the chapter but before that it was more of a "Yay,an update!"

I was never so relieved to have added a story to my favorites-this way its easier to track them whether theyre updated or not.(I never did that before)

As always it was very enjoyable to read because your writing style still fascinates me and Im so curious where this story will lead.

(Mentally Im yelling at Maddy right now for being so..argh!*shakes head*Uh-oh..hope youre getting out of that mess again,Maddy.)

Theres a week left but Ill wish you a "Merry Christmas" now anyway. ;)

I hope youll be able to enjoy the holidays and that life will..I dont know,cut you some slack? :)
neonntiger2 chapter 9 . 12/14/2011
UUUGGHHH THIS IS TOO GOOD! yet another perfect chapter. i'm so excited to see where you go with this :') i hope the next chapter is posted soon!
Morning-Sunset chapter 9 . 12/10/2011
Thrilled to see the update, as per!

and we begin the little side-story you wanted as well :)

Genuinely, the only negatives I can ever think of your stories are the fact they don't go on for longer.

Are you planning to do a chapter solely from Danny's POV at some point? would be an interesting diverge from Maddy

x
SierryaSkye chapter 8 . 8/21/2011
I completely forgot about this story until now, and I cant tell you how happy I was to see you posted five more chapters :) I am curious though, where are you getting the dialect translations and then the folk story from this chapter. I commend you on making this story seem authentic, very amazing.
SleepDeprived07 chapter 8 . 8/20/2011
So glad I stumbled into this category and started reading this story. Such great characterizations! And so very true to how Danny and Maddy were in the movie. It's like I can actually hear their voices as I read along. I love this so much I kinda wish that this could be an actual screenplay so I can see it in motion. Alas, my imagination will have to do. Cannot wait to read the next part!