Reviews for Insolence
Hev99 chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
I really liked this, it was interesting to see this scene from Jane's point of view and you write her beautifully. Thank you for sharing, sorry it's taken so long for me to read. xx
rameau chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
I noticed the reference to Becoming Jane, but she's still an enigma to me. I don't know what to think. I liked how you showed her limitations for greater scale machinations, but after a while and few more hints she did see the bigger picture and understood the motivations behind Aro's actions. And I never thought Jane as a jealous creature, but she is, she definitely is.
Violhaine chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
Fandom's favorite mouse/beta extraordinaire Ms. Gkkstitch just rec'd this on the Tweet. Where the Mistress points I follow and I'm never disappointed. You've managed to capture Jane so beautifully. She is one terrible package of fierce devotion, hubris and smoldering jealousy. Aro's lust for members of the Cullen coven, who disdain the Volturi's lifestyle, must anger her to no end. Bella's lack of response to her powers must have driven her mad. That last sentence when she recognizes Aro's interest in Bella...the same he once held for her..just brilliant. Really enjoyed your refreshing take on this scene.

Violhaine
gkkstitch chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
Bravo! Always a pleasure to read about Jane from your perspective.

Now...! Let's rip it up, shall we? D You know how much I love the Volturi aspect of SM's vampires. Have you seen that quote going around lately, from Mark Twain? "The difference between the right word and the wrong word, is like the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.

So I'm particularly hung up over this line... "Jane," he acknowledged in defeat.

Defeat.

I'm not sure it was defeat. I wish we were F2F so we could really talk about this because I'm intensely intrigued here. When I read the books, and again saw this scene in the movie, it wasn't defeat I heard. Oh, man, I wish we could chat about this. What did I hear... I've been wracking my brain over it.

Withdrawal, definitely. Edward was taking advantage of this opportunity, however brief, to slow down any physical confrontation. After all, even for a vampire, he was in no condition to fight Felix and Demetri

Resignation, too, I think. He knew he couldn't hope to best Jane.

Respect, possibly. She's an elder compared to him, and powerful, and a guard of immense reputation as well as one of Aro's favorites.

I dunno. I'm not sure I ever felt Edward was experiencing defeat. I think with Bella back in his life, that was the one thing he couldn't let himself feel. We know he would have died to protect her.

Still love your Jane, as always.
Mackenzie L chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
Nicely done. Not too much about Jane out there, so it's cool to see someone show more details on her character.
chele681 chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
I love your canon snippets. Evil Jane makes me so very happy.
Bella-Schmella chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
I didn't know you were writing more Jane! Jane Rucks Jane Rucks!