Reviews for Under The Surface
nutmuff chapter 7 . 4/13
AWWWWWWWWW. And there goes my heart. Forever.
Wow, hate it when reality punches you in the kidneys like that. But there's one thing I don't get.
Why didn't Shizuo just trace the call back to the phone Izaya was using?
He knows a lot of mafia members, right? So at least a few of them would have had that technology available to him... it just boils down to why didn't either Izaya or Shizuo consider doing that...? Just wondering.
GREAT READ! I've never been so conflicted about a story's ending before, but this one did it. I will now go and fall into an oblivious sleep then proceed to avoid the internet like the plague for a few hours.
Akikarui chapter 8 . 4/10
What have you done to me...? I'm being serious here. NEVER in my life have I sobbed over a fan fiction. Not even a movie or a book. Yeah, I've cried, but I've never sobbed.

And even when I cry due to real life sobbing is quite rare. I have to say that this fic has gone way beyond my expectations and I doubt I'll have anything to compare it to (maybe your other fics?).

I first lost it when the word 'dead' was mentioned. I mean, it was pretty obvious with the way things were going, but to see it... The second was when you mentioned the gravestone with the name 'Orihara Izaya'.

I really admire how in-character you've kept both Izaya and Shizuo as it seem so much more... Natural? Realistic? Is there a word for this? There's also the fact that they never found the body which adds to the suspense of the story, and I honestly thought that Izaya would be found.

I really hope you read this review (the longest I've ever written). This story of yours is officially the best story I've read on this site, and believe me, I've read alot. Also, my apologies for this review being a few...years late (Even if I did already start reading it an hour ago). I never write review for stories which are already completed when I read them, but I thought this to be extremely necessary.

I am extremely grateful for being able to read this story of yours :)
- Akikarui
SayMrrp chapter 8 . 4/8
Weell. This was hilariously sad.

Awesome.
amormia08 chapter 8 . 3/31
it's beautiful and it had me cry,, i think this is my very first fanfic which is tradegy with my otp and it hurtsssss yet its beautiful! Ilove it so much!
Evarria chapter 8 . 3/29
What. The. Heck. Did Izaya just DIE?!
g3njutsu chapter 8 . 3/26
i cant believe he died, that's so fucking sad :( now i'm really sad. it's 7:30am now, i stayed up all night reading this lol. you write really good and kept them in character.
g3njutsu chapter 7 . 3/26
oh god no :((
g3njutsu chapter 5 . 3/26
nooo omg, shizuo better save him before it's too late!
that damn nakamura bastard
g3njutsu chapter 4 . 3/26
awwwh my feels
g3njutsu chapter 2 . 3/26
nooo shizuo
Well...yup. That happened. 3
AwaitTheRise chapter 8 . 3/16
There are stories that give you happy endings, that make you feel warm and fuzzy inside. And then there are those that rip. your. heart. out. And I think that those that do, tragedies like yours, while not as fulfilling, are somehow more beautiful, in a way. And this story was beautiful, and sad, aaand I cried over it.
I thought this was gonna be one of those ones where the character almost dies but gets saved. but then izaya died so that happened. thanks bruh. actually no thank you. why u make me crie.
Aldred Kurofer chapter 8 . 2/28
Here I was, slowly continued reading while hoping/praying there'd be good ending or izaya would appear magically behind shizu...

amazing story, nevertheless