Reviews for Under The Surface
Awww... I wanted Izaya to live :'(
little-semanggi chapter 8 . 3/19
Oh my God, no... ;-;
No no no noooo
Why did you have to make a story like this that's just...so damn good?
And sad?
And, and...well I can't describe it with words.

Is Izaya really dead?
I have seen so many near death stories but never thought I'd see one where the comedy, character, and the notion of realism itself could bring out a new world like this ;-;
uguuu
I hope Izaya die painlessly, and Shizu chan...uh this is so painful
You’ll probably never read this review since I’m posting it in 2018, but wow, thanks for the heartache, jerk
I was actually not expecting that ending so thanks for murdering my heart.
You cruel, cruel, good writing, bastard.
NarutoAdmirer21 chapter 7 . 2/3
I've just come back here for the umpteenth time, I don't even know how many times!
This is so beautifully written and so emotional!
It is so heart wrenching and now I feel a pain in my chest cos I'm so sad!
And I actually almost cried! (And I literally never cry so that's a massive accomplishment!) Several times!
This is so well written and the story is delivered so well!
The characters are so in character that it's unbelievable!
I absolutely love this so much and I bet I'll come back to this story again and again! Because I've read this story several times already!
Please-dont-do-that chapter 8 . 1/27
This was a tragically beautiful story. Thank you so so much for writing it.
this is like the 12th time I’ve read this and it never fails at being a beautifully written story

strangely I feel grateful to someone who made me cry for an hour :,)
katarinagracia chapter 1 . 12/27/2017
this...this story made me cry
Guest chapter 1 . 12/3/2017
Hi, thanks for erasing my emotions... bye.
Guest chapter 8 . 11/23/2017
Damn! I didn't expect it to be a bad end!
Argh! Now I'm all tears and blood QAQ
Laira Stars chapter 1 . 11/17/2017
Fuck you!
How dare you do that to me!* cries *
Poor Izaya...and Shizuo...why...

All in all the story was beautiful... but the ending was sooooo sad...
Comingback chapter 8 . 7/29/2017
I love every bit of this story...despite the few chapters, the story felt perfect to me! Re-reading after years still makes me fall in love with it again! Years does not deminish how well-written this story is! Despite how sad-endong it is, its still statisfying...I think its sort of 'proper closure' thing. I really like how you did end the story with the grave scene and Shizuo moving on with life! Its a proper closure for me, since life moves on afterall...

Its a very lovely & well-written thriller/trajed story!

Good job!
Ghostybender chapter 8 . 7/20/2017
My feelings have efficiently been destroyed. This was a great story and the way you presented it was very well put. Nice work!
lo707ol chapter 8 . 6/8/2017
...I don't even know how to react. This story was hands down amazing and I couldn't help but cling to that small shred of hope until the very end. You really really reeeeaaaallllyyyyy did a good job uggghhh I'm so damn speechless!
Cheshire chapter 8 . 5/25/2017
NOOOOO! How?! My izaya no! I remember this ending differently! I remember Shizuo finfifng him! Did I dream that up last time? Aww no my baby I'm crying!
SaberMay chapter 8 . 4/14/2017
I am very impressed with this story. The characters are spot on and you were able to capture nearly their entire spectrum in a mere 8 chapters. The suspense was wonderful and intense enough that I couldn't help but read all of this in one setting. The worst and best part of this fic was the way you ended it. Up until the last line, I expected Izaya to walk out with some snide remark, but he never did. It was...downright haunting and depressing. I was at a loss for words.

Very rarely does a story stick with me weeks after I have read it, but I find myself going back and thinking of it here and there and how blown away I was by it. I had to come back to review and favorite - you deserve that much for sure! You have inspired me to add more realism to the stories I write because, though it's hard, it makes stories that much more memorable when they don't play out like typical fiction. Sometimes, there are no happy endings - and that's what makes them so great.

Thank you for such an awesome story. I truly loved it through and through!

-SaberMay