Reviews for Under The Surface
Yakky babby chapter 8 . 2/9
(Is sobbing violently) You're amazing and I love this!
Tsubasa chapter 8 . 2/1
Oh... You actually did it... You actually killed him...

But still, it's a pretty amazing piece, and you managed to keep the hope up that he MIGHT not be dead.
Aigoo... You actually killed Izaya ;-; I was expecting him to pop up any second in the end, but I guess not...

Really nice story nonetheless.
Verasmxert chapter 8 . 12/16/2015
omg u really killed Izaya. there are very few fanfics like this. this's really a masterpiece.
TooLazyToLogIn chapter 8 . 12/7/2015
And here I am, at 4 in the morning, sobbing in my bed instead of doing the homework that's due 3 hours from now. But this was beautiful, and words can't come close to describing all of these emotions!
Ember chapter 8 . 12/4/2015
Sometimes, I just am feeling in the mood for reading something depressing, and this is one of the things I always end up coming back to. It not only is depressing (and I love all depressing stuff), but the story line and the way you wrote this just make this story fantastic to read, and a lot of fun! I read it over and over again and I never get tired of it, and it makes me cry multiple times every time I read it (I get emotional really easily). You are a fabulous writer! I love how you made Shizuo's and Izaya's relationship in this. It was really realistic, and I feel like that if this happened in Durarara, this is exactly what the would act like in that situation. Anyways, great job on this! I have a lot of fun reading it! XD
TheDreamFlareAlchemist chapter 8 . 11/29/2015
That was fucking fantastic ! I love the idea you used even if you got it from someplace else the story felt so original ! The first time I've read a fanfic with Izaya as a main character and actually felt bad for the guy ! I even cried a little at the end ! Good job and I will definitely check out more stuff you write !
We're all living in Hetalia chapter 8 . 11/11/2015
God damn it!

I know I probably shouldn't bother writing a review, because what are the chances of you coming to check out a few lines related to your fanfiction from five years ago, but damn, I can't just walk by as if I had read it and nothing happened. Because, I can't f***ing believe it; I literally cried through the whole last chapter. Literally. Way to break the reader's heart...

Don't get me wrong, ok? I didn't quite mean that as an insult. It was a good story, a rare one where they are in character and there are enough twists and turns to keep me reading. But much like most people I guess, I also accepted some sort of a... well, not necessarily 'happy' ending, but one where the main characters at least survive. So to put it simply, your story is great, but feels like kick in the face at the end. Ouch...
I was hoping that Namie or someone who's good with technology could track the signals of Izaya's phone and locate his whereabouts... (at some point I even thought that maybe someone could find the answer to that in Nakamura's (or whatever his name was) computer, but then you wrote that he only stored this piece of information in his head...)
I am tempted to add this to my favorites, because I really loved it... but I know that if I tried to read it a second time, I'd not only cry during the last one and a half chapter, but knowing the end, probably all the way through.
On a side note, I'm not sure if you meant it as Shizuo's perspective only, but I doubt that all those people actually cared about Izaya. I think those who care about him even just a tad bit are Shinra, Simon and Celty (the latter only because she's too kind to wish someone dead, even if it's Izaya), so even if these people did show up on his funeral, I doubt that any of them would actually miss him at all. Which makes it all a lot more sad. You know, I don't even like this character, but here I am crying a river...

I'm terribly sorry if this review is a mess (it probably is) or if it's not something you'd like to see, but I just had to write it. I hope you understand. This one just triggered something, so I had to. Anyway, apart from me sobbing and crying my heart out at the end (blame it on stupid little me still not being tough enough, I guess), I really appreciated this story, the way you wrote their reactions and how they were themselves in spite of all the things happening. It's just that I quite possibly can't bring myself to read it ever again.
T.TT.V chapter 8 . 11/4/2015
I really love your story, even though it was really sad at the end... You're a great writer and really have a talent for it :)
Orihara Mio chapter 8 . 10/29/2015
God I cried so much I really was thinking Izaya might live. But yes I cried my eyes out and that's hard for me to do. So your story is very well written I'm thankful for coming acrossed it and actually reading it
Argon Jaden Siberite Bluridge chapter 8 . 10/16/2015
I... Damn it's tragic.. XD Almost threw my phone out the terrace while screaming "WWWHHHHYYY?!" but realized that it would upset the neighborhood. XD Good though~
KnightingKnight chapter 8 . 10/15/2015
N-no... shit nooooo... He didnt died... fuck nope! He survived! Or hes f*** angel!
God, that was really beautiful... I rarely comment ffs, because i read a lot, but now... really, dude...
Your writing style is beautiful, and the way you... ugh... english is not my first language so i dont know how to describe it... But... omg, thats one of the best ffs i ever read. Youre my master **
ceutpuppy1 chapter 7 . 10/4/2015
I cried so much ;~;
I heart the Hitachiin twins chapter 6 . 10/4/2015
About the author's note:

And fair enough too. I mean, with a man that horrifically strong trying to kill you, I recon Izaya would be pretty damn hard to kill.
Izaya4ever chapter 8 . 10/1/2015
I'm crying, there are tears on my face. I knew Shizuo wouldn't be able to save Izaya in time but I guess I just believed that somehow Izaya could be found.

You did such a good job on this story. It's beautiful and it was exciting and easy to read.