Reviews for The Captain and His Thief
Guest chapter 24 . 11/22/2015
Oh my god i just want to flick her in the eye with shampoo. She's annoying me! Great chapter though mate
Jemjnz chapter 32 . 10/19/2015
Well, I liked this story so much that ... well ... I've written a short fanfic or it. Fanfiception, a fanfic of a fanfic. :) I hope you like it.

All rights to InkPhoenix and Disney.
Just my imaginings about Nettie and has no relation to InkPhoenixs amazing story line/plot. Sorry about the bad writing but you get the plot idea :)

6 months after first flash back (Chapter 11)

_-_-_-_ Jack _-_-_-_

Over the past 6 months I've been teaching Nettie everything she'd need to know. I was amazed at how quickly she picked up pick pocketing. She had such light fingers and her small frame meant she quick easily slip through a crowd. I'm quite worried about her though because although she has improved a bit she still is very broken. It makes me ache inside every time she flinches and apologies. Every time she makes a small error she apologies so profusely. It makes me wonder how many times she must have been beaten for such small errors before. Although the scars that scatter her body make me think far too many times.

“Come on Nettie, lets go have a look around” I yell over my should as I walk down the gang plank.

“Yes Captain” Nettie replies scrambling over the top deck to catch up with me and walks just behind my right shoulder, eyes downcast.

As walk around the town we stop by some shops and a market to pick up some supplies. However money isn't exactly me strong point. So as I distract the the keeper Nettie does her thing. After each shop I get a small smile from Nettie at my approval as I receive whatever it was she picked up. It lifts my heart to see her smile. It gives me hope that I could really fix her.

I swagger around the dark back streets of early evening with a bottle of rum in my hands. Although I'm not actually drunk.. well not that drunk, only half a bottle drunk... Nettie is practicing quietly following in the shadows about 5 meters behind me.
We're on our way back to the ship, not wanting to be seen by anyone we may have stolen from.

I pass a couple of thugs who are standing to the side of the street. They glare at me as I pass and I don't give them a second thought. As I walk around the corner I hear a thud and the sounds of a struggle. It took a couple of seconds for my mind to really make sense of what I was hearing. Nettie!
I spin back around the corner to see the thugs carrying a small struggling mass down one side streets. I run to try and catch up. After a couple of corners I come around to find the street empty.

_-_-_-_ Nettie _-_-_-_

I was slinking through the shadows after Captain Sparrow. I felt kind of bad about stealing all this stuff. I know we needed it to run the ship and for us to survive but... I dunno I'm just glad that Captain Sparrow approves, even when I make a mistake. Life has definitely gotten better, he hasn't beaten me or locked up, he has kept me well fed, and he's so patient with me all the time.

I trip over a something and go crashing to the ground while my mind was of wondering. I feel hands grabbing me, restricting me. Covering my mouth as I go to scream for Sparrow. I wriggle and try to lash out but my opponents are just too strong. They carry me through the streets and there is nothing I can do. It makes fell so trapped.

They take me into a old blacksmiths and throw me on the floor. The wind is knocked out of me and they circle around me. As I regain my breath a foot comes flying into my stomach, expelling it again immediately. I start to feel my blood hum as the pain kicks in. More blows land on all over me and I just lay there, curling myself into a ball to protect my organs.

“The lad seems to be in shape, got some meat of his bones.”
“Yeah, probably sell for about 80 tops, more like 50 or 60...”

It dawns on me that they were going to sell me as a slave, again. I doubt Sparrow would be able to save me, even if he wanted to, I think bitterly. The angrier I get the louder and faster my heart beats.

Thump Thump Thump

One of them leans down easily picking me up of the floor and says into my face

“You're going to be a good slave or it'll be another beating for you.”

Thump Thump Thump

They drag me over to a room where a fire is blazing.

“Now don't you dare move, it won't accomplish anything and will only make the brand so much more painful for you” the thug holding me snears.

Thump Thump Thump

He grabs my arm and rolls my sleeve up only to find that I had already been branded as a slave and his jaw hangs open a little and stares at it dumbly.

Thump Thump Thump Thump

“You see, I already have one” I say in a light voice as a grin is plastered onto my face.

I smash my other hand up into his jaw and I hear his teeth give a loud crunch as his mouth slams shut, his head flings back while he gives of a scream in pain. I shove him away from me and he stumbles back, his head crashing onto a solid rock table edge which knocks him out for the count.

The other man shouts in anger. I turn to face him as he charges at me, ready to throw a punch. My body easily ducks under his swing and his fist sails harmlessly over my head. The over swing throws him off balance and he shouts with surprise when a well placed foot trips him onto the ground face down. I leap onto him with a snarl and turn him over. I give a hefty punch to the side of his face and I hear the cartilage snap in his nose which is definitely at an odd angle. My hands are covered in his blood as the punch in the face over and over and over. Letting out all the anger and frustration in me. I was so helpless last time they took me but not this time. With a loud growl and a large grin at the unflinching body beneath me, my fingers curl around his neck and they slowly squeeze the little bit of life left out of him.

Once again my heart rate drops, my glee and smile flee and I scramble away from the bodies as I realise what I've done. I draw my knees to my chin into a ball shape in the corner of the room, blood dripping from my hands as I cry once again at the horrors I've committed.

_-_-_-_ Jack _-_-_-_

I slam my fist into the wall in frustration. How could I've been so careless? Just as I'm starting to bring her out of her shell, getting her to smile, and something like this had to happen. I slam the wall again and take a chug from the bottle of rum I was still holding. Resting my forehead against the wall I start to think about my options.

I could forget about her and move on, pfft that's not going to happen. I can't save all of them but I can, and will, save this one.
But what else could I do? I have no idea where she could be? And then a deep scream come from near by, followed by loud shouting.
Nettie...
I race off towards the sound of shout which isn't far off. I look through a window of a small blacksmiths and I see one man knocked out cold on the floor with a deep gash on the back of his head beneath the window. The other man is straddled by Nettie who's punching the life out of him. As the fire light dances across her face I see the smile of glee plastered there. It grows bigger as she stops punching to instead strangle him.

At that I gap it around the building to the door way. I burst into the room to find the man dead in the middle of the floor and Nettie sobbing in the corner. I cautiously approach her...

“Nettie?”

This is met with a new burst of tears and I rush to her side to check if shes been hurt. She grabs onto my shirt and cries into my shoulder. I awkwardly hug her back until the sobs subside. I start to hear her mumbling “I'm sorry, I'm such a monster, I'm so sorry” over and over. I must admit comforting young girls that have just killed a man, probably two with her bare hands is not my strong point.

“It's alright, I'm here. You're not a monster, you did what you had to do.”

Sob “They were slavers, they were going to sell me again” After a huge breath of air more sobbing continued.
“It's okay, they won't hurt you any more. I'll look after you. It's okay, you're not a monster” I kept comforting her as I picked her up bridal style and began to carry her back to the ship.

What do I do with her now? The look on her face when she started to strangle that guy terrified me. What terrified me more was that it was on her face, she's not much more than a kid. I stare down at her now child like face as she sleeps peacefully in my arms.

I take her into my captains quarters and lie her down on my bed. After closing the door I grab a bottle of rum and I sit across the room watching her, as I ponder my thoughts.
Jemjnz chapter 31 . 10/17/2015
I absolutely love Nettie. I love her ability to fight, I love her blood rush moments. I think it is really interesting the way her past has changed her and how she came out of it, for better or worse. :) I think that jack is really cool and I love their relationship. I think it was very authentic the way Nettie didn't understand her feelings. Some romance fanfics are really bad because the characters are jumping into each others arms. But this is amazing. The way they slowly fell in love, or realised they were in love was done really well. I feel like their relationship does resemble father/daughter a bit with the way Jack is so protective. But I think it's really perfect.

Can't wait to read the sequel :D
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 31 . 11/23/2014
Fascinating bit of work, to say the least.
Nettie being present from the beginning as an associate of Jack’s was certainly a bold move- most stories introducing a new character in this genre have her as a prior acquaintance of Will and Elizabeth’s instead- but you manage to make her intriguing from the beginning, immediately raising questions about why Jack is travelling with her given his usual ‘lone wolf’ approach and then raising further questions as you disclose more about her history (Given Jack’s reputation for disliking slaves, he must have a good reason for ‘owning’ Nettie, but what that could be is another matter).
The subsequent flashbacks to her background prove to be very interesting reading, establishing how she developed into her current psychological state and ended up with Jack, while the story itself creates a fascinating exploration of her interesting dynamic with the rest of the characters as she learns more about Jack’s history with the Black Pearl, ranging from Will’s protective nature to Elizabeth’s greater uncertainty about where she stands with the addition of Nettie to the dynamic.
Keep up the good work; the epilogue has definitely sown the seeds for some interesting twists for the future of this series…
Carpe Diem Vampire chapter 31 . 10/4/2014
I knew it! I knew it was Calypso that was helping Nettie! Im so happy that i figured it out before i read this chap :-D
this was a great fic and its also the FIRST POTC fic ive ever read. Im glad that it was so good and i cant wait to read the complete sequel.
Peyton LeVay chapter 31 . 12/27/2013
Nice. I look forward to seeing what Tia means.

Keep it up! /.
none1013 chapter 1 . 8/8/2013
I really loved this story! Are you going to write a sequel?
The king of ducks chapter 31 . 7/30/2013
yay for the story well I have to say it was a very well thought out and planned story and I love the plot you added in it and it sounds fun to read I can't wait till you finish it, cause I will be reading that faster then you can say jack sparrow be tripping.

The_king_of_ducks
The king of ducks chapter 30 . 7/30/2013
yay for a happy ending, all and all it was a good so far one more chapter.
The king of ducks chapter 29 . 7/30/2013
awesome and sad but now at least we got the full story. Keep up the great work.
The king of ducks chapter 28 . 7/30/2013
awww what a even sadder background, well good work man, keep it up.
The king of ducks chapter 27 . 7/30/2013
yay the final part of the story can't wait to hear it. keep up the great work.
The king of ducks chapter 26 . 7/30/2013
once again a clever plane for jack, but it scared the shit out of nettie, any how keep up the great work man.
The king of ducks chapter 25 . 7/30/2013
hmm it seems nettie has some things to talk to jack about seems ike fun and they get to fight undead pirates, what fun. Keep up the great work.
The king of ducks chapter 24 . 7/30/2013
H-H-H-H-eart breaker (king of like c-c-c-c-ombo breaker) but yea ouch that had to hurt jack a lot though he did dig his own grave there. great sotry keep up the great work.