Reviews for Apprentices
Dragowolf chapter 8 . 5/20/2011
Ohhh! I was soo happy to see this update! Man, Billy really is a worm. And poor Kamakura he just doesn't quite get it. And he's too stubborn and angry to think things through logically instead of just letting his anger get the better of him.

But I've got to wonder why Billy's apparent lack of respect bothers Kamakura so much... and also how long till Jinx hits both upside the head and tells them to grow up. I keep picturing Kamakura as the little kid who doesn't want the new sibling coming into the family and taking attention off him (I know thats probably not very accurate but it reminds me of that).

Wonderful update! So the Masters' plan has started but how long till this pretent kidnapping becomes the real thing or at least gets a whole lot more complicated because of Firefly and his gang.

But the biggest question on my mind is... are Kamakura and Billy even going to be able to ever work together? It doens't seem too likely.
willwrite4fics chapter 8 . 5/20/2011
Excellent. Kamakura is overly impatient with the younger Billy. I think he's seeing a bit too much of himself and his own situation in Billy's and he doesn't like that. The image of him running screaming is hysterical and I could just see SE facepalming himself over HIS apprentice.
Dragowolf chapter 7 . 5/5/2011
Ohhh my gosh... this is hilarious! Poor Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes... having to deal with their two students being... well 7 year old boys afraid of being shown up in front of their heros is very funny. Its even funnier how similar Bill and Kamakura are to their respective masters. And how different.

I can't wait to see how these two end up once they start working together. And for the arguements that have yet to come. I agree with Jinx, arguing brothers are just so cute (and funny)!

But I'm sure after dealing with it for several weeks it would get beyond annoying.
Totenkinder Madchen chapter 7 . 4/26/2011
El oh el! Billy the neat freak; that makes such sense for him, considering the type of life he's led, but it also makes for maximum hilarity and tension. By contrast, it does make sense for Kamakura to be messier too: he did grow up with a decent-sized family, and he probably thinks of the tent as "HIS room" or something like it. You can put the boy in the Army, but at the end of the day, he's still a young man who likes things his own way.

In response to the question you posed on Twitter . . . no, I personally don't think it's being slow, though if people are getting antsy it's good that you're about to kick it into higher gear.

I adored Storm Shadow beating them over the head with the moral. Oh, foreshadowing-and lack of subtlety in teaching. :D Those boys are going to have to work together or perish, and considering the way they react throughout this chapter, it's going to be an uphill road.

Also, I'm surprised the pink tent hasn't made Jinx break out in hives by now. XD
river95 chapter 7 . 4/26/2011
Wow! Very impressive! I particularly like the Kagenohi story - very detailed! I can't wait until you have Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes kidnap themselves - I want to see what Billy and Kamakura do to each other when they don't have anyone around to keep them in check! I know - Jinx could settle them down some, but since she seems to be highly amused by most of their bickering, I don't think she will straighten them out unless she really has to. I am sorry that you are not feeling well - I hope that you can find out what is going on, and maybe find some remedy for it. Take care of yourself, and please keep writing - you are clearly very talented, and it is really nice to read the work of a true author.

River 95
Lady Jaye1 chapter 7 . 4/25/2011
Of course Tommy's story wouldn't make the boys start behaving better, but he tried, at any rate. Seeing as Sean's father was a member of the Crimson Guard, you'd think he'd be a bit more sympathetic, but I suppose that will come later once they begin to develop some empathy for each other. I'm reminded a bit of a Vietnamese Zen master named Thich Nhat Hanh, who teaches that suffering is necessary to learn compassion and to invoke understanding. Once one understands the suffering oneself and another, misperceptions are erased and empathy is created.

Sorry for the little lesson, but it seemed relevant. Nhat Hanh also said that "you can't grow lotus flowers without mud," which I think how Billy and Sean's eventual friendship/brotherhood will be like. Right now they're rolling around in the mud, but eventually there will be lotus flowers.

I've got to say, I also love the fact that Billy's also a neat freak, even if he didn't pick it up from his sensei.
zenbon zakura chapter 7 . 4/25/2011
lol

hurry update!
rogue-scholar07 chapter 7 . 4/24/2011
Yes, Storm Shadow will want to be well-rested before he kidnaps himself. Great chapter!
WestAero13 chapter 7 . 4/24/2011
Finally! I've been waiting forever!

Another awesome chapter by the way, Kamakura fighting over OCDness at the end was hilarious!
willwrite4fics chapter 7 . 4/24/2011
Excellant new chapter, especially Storm's heavy-handed moral of the story and Billy's snarky acknowledgment. The two of them squabbling over the folding of Kamakura's clothing was a nice touch.
Linuxgirl chapter 7 . 4/24/2011
*Giggle* like father like son, huh ;-)? Is Snake Eyes also making messes, I wonder. At least he doesn't seem to have problems with tolerating them with his student.

The lecturing was nice, Billy and Sean are really such babies with each other. They bicker even more often than I did with my sister and that was, like, every ten minutes ;-).

Hoping for more soon.

Happy easter, by the way. Hope you're enjoying it as much as I do.
TinySprite chapter 7 . 4/23/2011
Nice! Loved the current fight between the two boys, they're sounding more and more like real brothers all the time!
CrystalOfEllinon chapter 7 . 4/23/2011
If that story was made into a movie, I would watch it in the theater and buy it the moment it was released on DVD. Someone give Karama a large sum of money for the movie rights to "Kagenohi" immediately.

I agree with SS on the origin of Billy's neat-freak inclinations. I am also totally with Kamakura on this one. I spread my stuff EVERYWHERE.

Epic lulz on the Jackie Chan clothes fight, BTW. Loved:)
rogue-scholar07 chapter 6 . 3/22/2011
I must hand it to Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow, they certainly know how to get creative with forcing their students to interact. Great work!
Lady Jaye1 chapter 6 . 3/22/2011
Looks like things are heating up, with Firefly and Mindbender wanting DNA samples. The boys are being rather immature and I find myself wanting to smack them around, which is of course why they're on the said camping trip in the first place. ;)

Loved the boy-repelling tent, by the way. I was half expecting Jinx to make the two boys sleep in it and take their tent...and of course, being the sole female, she'd be more irked about the lack of bathroom facilities, even if she is a ninja.
255 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 .. Last Next »