Reviews for iNternet: A Tale of Unspeakable Cruelty and Terror
The Big Dreamer chapter 10 . 8/13/2014
I admit, I never was an iCarly fan (I liked the show mainly because of Spencer), and this story is really strange, but in a some kind of sense realistic.
Some tragedies in reality started from stupid or disgusting things for a sane human, and you shown very well Freddie's psychological weakness, and also Sam's and Carly's innocence. I liked also the gradual change from the atmosphere of the original show to horror and dark, you done it very well!
I'm not a fan of OOC, but I liked this story, I read it from the first to the final chapter in one hour!
Forgive me for my English, but I'm Italian and this is the first time I post a review in this site!
See ya! :)
leikon123 chapter 10 . 2/8/2014
okay,this is one creepy ffn...
Faust91x chapter 10 . 12/6/2013
What a creepy and dark story. Very well written and had me on edge since the beginning. Now made me wonder how highly impressionable minds can be affected by certain types of information.

Really good story.
In the Shadow of A Superior chapter 9 . 7/29/2013
Fanfiction of the Dead chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
Sometimes, you got to love skimming fan fiction and TVTropes. The stuff you'll find can be a real eye-opener.
What has been seen cannot be unseen chapter 3 . 8/1/2012
Oh Internet, you have ruined yet another innocent life...
MistyxKisame chapter 8 . 7/6/2012
The only good iCarly story I've EVER may be the only interesting iCarly story that isn't crap.
tetekanui chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
Oh my... ha ha! Well, I wasn't sure what to expect with a fic in the category of humor AND angst! Glad to see that the humor is prevalent, at least in this first chapter, as you have a fine talent for comedic timing. Having read a work of yours for a different fandom (DBZ), I am impressed at your ability to adapt your style necessarily. You changed your writing style to echo the style of iCarly perfectly.

The opening of the webshow was something I could see happening in the actual show, and you have even pegged down little mannerisms and ways of speaking for each of the characters that pay homage to Cosgrove, McCurdy, and Kress's portrayal of their respective characters. In addition, the characters' extreme innocence despite being Internet sensations is played on in a smart, tongue-in-cheek manner that really works well.

Plotwise, this is starting out exactly as an iCarly episode would (with the exception of that website reccomendation, of course!), and the wittiness and sharp humor of both the original show and the expansion you have here is impressive.

There is not much in the way of description, which might make it a little hard to visualize if one wasn't already familiar with the show. But as this is the first chapter, there is plenty of room for that later on. I noticed too that the chapter took a while to really hit its stride. The beginning was awkwardly-phrased foreshadowing with a confused tone - it seemed like you weren't sure at the beginning whether you were going for an actually serious tone, or a mock-one. In the end, things are played for laughs rather than played straight, although I think it might be interesting to see some actual seriousness, because the glimpses I have seen are making me interested. Despite an un-auspicious beginning, the follow through and solid ending of the chapter more than make up for it and start off what promises to be a wacky adventure indeed.
LuffyKun3695 chapter 8 . 1/22/2012
How very interesting. I wonder if he is going to kill all three of them. Hmm. Or if Carly had a vision. Weird. I still love the Spam hints.
LuffyKun3695 chapter 7 . 12/28/2011
Interesting. I figured quickly (by chapter four) that Freddie's reactions were arousal, not disgust. The "switch" flicked on inside him was most likely a realization of sorts rather than PTSD. I also enjoy the faint traces of Carly/Freddie and Sam/Spencer rather than the usual "Seddie" drabble that floods this fandom.

Looking at your other stories, I am unsure if this is meant to be parody or you wanted to do a portrait of simultaneous mental breakdowns in an actual, serious fashion. The psychology nerd in me hopes for the latter. I love taking a "comedy-humor" show (especially in the teen set) and seeing it broken down like this.

Now, was he watching "Bondage Game" or "Night Shift Nurses"? *grin*
LuffyKun3695 chapter 3 . 12/28/2011
I can't imagine that seeing some gross images would trigger assault and cannibalism but I find the idea of it (and this story) intriguing. I always found the idea that iCarly only gets clean/positive feedback ON THE INTERNETZ improbable, and frankly, stupid as hell.
Frankokomando chapter 7 . 10/6/2011
Mrs. Benson! D:

I think Freddie needs some help / Anyways great chapter )
Sgt. Sporky chapter 7 . 10/3/2011
Ned... Dude, you've gone too far.

You might want to move the rating up to M at this point. Mind you, I'll continue reading, but I'm starting to think you're just an ├╝ber-clever Troll. I hope not- you demonstrate a clear ability to write well.

Well, update soon!
Sgt. Sporky chapter 6 . 8/28/2011
Hey Ned. It's been a while, hasn't it? I just realized something: at least they haven't read anything from "Of Warlords and Pleasures" yet. Badifc is bad, badfic is bad... Anyway.

Ah, the depth. I like depth.

Soon, Ned!
Frankokomando chapter 4 . 6/14/2011
I absolutely love this story. It's kind of nice seeing the iCarly gang in serious situations then in the stupid unrealistic situations like on the show :D