Reviews for Elysium
Average Johanson chapter 1 . 10/25/2013
I was just looking for a good lemon. I never would have thought that I would stumble upon a masterpiece such as this!
Meatzman2 chapter 65 . 10/1/2013
Bar an 8 hour period for work I've been reading this fic constantly without sleeping for the last 30 hours. I hope you can take that as a compliment.

While I felt very uncomfortable with the Alistair/Zevran content I think it's an ode to your writing that I didn't just stop.

Your characters are so very believable and their transformations as the plot progresses are brilliantly done.

Thank you.
Vema chapter 2 . 9/18/2013
I've already told you on Archive of Our Own how much I love your story, but seeing your most recent review I felt compelled to leave you something positive.

I LOVE this story. It's my new head cannon for DA:O. My own secret desire was to find a way to have my Warden with Zev and Alistair at the same time. Ironically, there was a glitch in our game that allowed it, so I had the earring from Zev and was married to Alistair. When I found this, I was GIDDY. At first I thought it would be a "Zevran gets between Alistair and Cousland" story, but I was SO PLEASED to find it wasn't.

Wonderful writing, wonderful plot. Thank you for giving this story to the world.
Guest chapter 61 . 2/25/2013
I'm so angry,because I'm a Zevran junkie.I hate the kind of story that let Zevran stand between Warden and Alistair!I don't understand why so many people like the idiot Alistair!I dumped him at first when I'm in love with I am too conservative.
Dragon Wench chapter 65 . 9/10/2011
This was, if you'll pardon the pun, one Hell of a ride. I arrived at this epic piece a few days ago when Snafu1000 added it to her Amaranthine Archives. Initially, going by your description and rating I was somewhat unsure. Not because I am prude or horrified by the unconventional (anything but, actually), but rather because all too often stories depicting graphic sex are concerned only with that, the sex becomes the entire raison d'ĂȘtre of the writing.

Of course.. I should have known this would be nothing but amazing because the Archives are filled with great writing.

The way you have woven Riona's background, her celebration of sensuality, and her story into the events of the game is truly masterful. Bravo!

There are so many things I would like to say, but I'll try not to make this an essay :)

Your use of irony is incredibly skilful... I love how you illustrated that both Alistair and Riona were in a way.. victims of their environments; each were, to a degree, denied the opportunity to entirely fulfil their potential as human beings... and much the same can be said of Zevran. Not to sound excessively sloshy, but together, the three of them completed something... formed a whole... and became truly aware of all that they each were.

I also liked the way you kept the suspense and tension finely wrought right until the very end.. Not just the tension between the actors but also uncertainty about the conclusion. Unlike with a number of fanfics I honestly could not really guess how it would end.

Anyway.. I think I have rambled on enough for the moment. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful work. :)
Erynnar chapter 16 . 8/20/2011
I agree with her on the mages. Love Riona. What a great character.
Erynnar chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
I was just pointed to your story by SilverHairLover. I am enjoying it! Thank you!
LaughingTiger chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
You've done an amazing job with this story. I'm impressed with your character development, the changes you made to the storyline made sense and were compelling, and Riona is a believable character (no small feat given her personality, skill sets and what she accomplishes throughout the story.) I'm generally not a fan of 'novelizations' of the game, but this is an impressive re-telling. Well done, and thank you for Elysium. :)
alyssacousland chapter 65 . 8/13/2011
Finally finished reading this! OMG! This ending was epic! EPIC!

I just enjoyed this story so much!

Great job! Fantastic job! Awesome job!

You are an awesome writer!
Silver-Hair-Lover chapter 65 . 8/8/2011
Holy Shit! Pardon my language but, I have never read a more compelling and well written, well thought out story. There were chapters that had my heart racing, chapters that made me actually cry, chapters that took me totally by surprise, and chapters that even made me go and jump my hubby lol! And many chapters that made me do all of the above all at the same time! Words cannot express how impressive your writing is to me. I would lay awake at night just thinking about this story and worrying about what would come next, as if I were Riona herself. Your work is so expressive, so captivating, I spent many a night dreaming of this story. I cannot truely express my love of this story. You have rekindled my own need to write, I had almost given up on writting, with my illnesses giving me such difficulty, but after finishing your story, I feel the need to pick up the "pen" again and work on my story. Thank you so much for being such a wonderful inspiration to me. I love your work, and I hope you keep writing, for you have a gift.
Sia Later chapter 65 . 7/19/2011
I've reached the end and I can only say, well done. One of the best fics I've read.
Sia Later chapter 60 . 7/19/2011
I made it to Chapter 60 and I'm on pins and needles waiting to see how you end this thing. I think I've guessed, but will there be a happy ending?

I'm glad I waited to read this till I was nearly done with my own fic. (I'm one or two chapters shy of finishing.) Your concept of Alistair and Zevran is just the way I'd imagined them, too.
Sia Later chapter 3 . 7/12/2011
I have to say, you have an incredibly sensuous style and it fits the type of thing you're writing. DragonReine's art led me here and I'm going to have to thank her for that. I can't wait to get further in to find out how Riona deals with the issues in the game. I'll be dropping more reviews, I promise.
Seredine chapter 65 . 7/12/2011
I did not know that this was on . I'm happy to see it is, but it NEEDS more reviews, so I'm happy to review here too.

If anyone reads these reviews, this is one of the most well written, with excellent character development, fan fictions that I have read in the DA-verse. I love the dynamic that is built up and developed between the three main players and it is completely believable.

I especially love Zevran in this story. He was never a favourite of mine in DAO, but in Elysium, I think he's a brilliant character and it is testimony to the writer that she can turn a character that someone doesn't like into someone that they are rooting for by the end.

Bravo to Elysium-fic for turning the original concept into something so much more that Elysium became.
maricsblade chapter 65 . 7/8/2011
Pardon me, but holy fucking SHIT. A happy ending! I never woulda thunk it. And avoided reading the ending for weeks because of that.

Thanks so much for the ride. And congratulations.