Reviews for Under Cover
Saoirse7 chapter 1 . 2/22
Another one I haven't read, it seems! This was SO SWEET! I love the gradual evolution from friends into something more, and all the things they kept doing just so they'd be comfortable enough to get some sleep at night.
Bubbles of Colours chapter 1 . 5/26/2014
Hi, Ruth!
First things first, I loved this SO MUCH! I'm really shipping Eustace/Jill over here. I had absolutely no idea that in The Last Battle, Scrubb and Pole were 17 years old... I might have to re read all the books again.
Secondly, I really don't understand why 'Rat and Crow go to war' didn't receive much love... I'm completely fascinated with the whole "world" you've created with The Stone Gryphon series. I suposse that might be because Susan has always been my favourite character in the series and I realy like your Susan's portrayal.

I'll keep reading now :)
I hope you're great!
Connie x
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 1/15/2014
I loved this.
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 12/18/2013
In Josephine Tey's "Brat Farrar," it's mentioned in passing that one of the nearby country estates has been made into a school for loonies, where the students are permitted to do whatever they want and it's assumed that one day they'll be struck with an incurable urge to suddenly learn the times tables (when no one would learn the times tables in real life unless they were forced to do so). I've long suspected both that school and Experiment House were based on Summerhill, an experimental school in England that seemed to believe all children's problems would be resolved if they were told where babies came from. I am very glad that I did not attend Experiment House as a child.

Going back from Narnia to our world would take a bit of adjustment; it couldn't be done quickly or easily. Nice job showing that, and very discreet at alluding to certain topics that the Beasts and Fauns of Narnia take for granted, but humans prefer to keep private.
Heliopause chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
A HUGE benefit to the current collaborative Jill-Eustace story - it has taken me into the archives to find this! Thank you. :) I love the line about medicating back into a dragon (and all too horribly possible :( ) And Polly! "you'll get silly or sick, and I won't have either." - oh, she's GOOD! Very, very much herself, and wonderful.

I was really glad to read about Scrubb and dancing, and I am very attached to the sleeping back-to-back theme. And "when he was in Pole's light": Jill as light... I never thought before that her name links to the star. :)

(Irrelevant aside: I don't put any stock at all in the timeline, myself!)
Evia Wingjade chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
That was a lovely, well done story. I love reading Eustace/Jill friendship turned romance, and it gave me all the warm fuzzy feelings I could wish for :)
Veryfairygirl14 chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
I think this story was well written. I especially enjoyed reading about how Eustace and Jill needed each other but didn't necessarily want each other until near the end.
Hilariter chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
Whenever I'm bored and in front of a computer, this is the story I come back to. Every time.
Murphy AT chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
Sigh. Such a breath of fresh air. I love those two. Well done.
MorningxLight chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
All I can say is how loooooooovely this is :) There are no words for how great this story is; the thought of them changing and growing up together and yet always staying the same and having the same rituals, and of course testing out other romantic interests. I loved Eustace comforting her and being so protective. Just awesome.
Erisah Mae chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
I haven't ever actually seen a Narnia fic that looked at Jill and Eustace after the Silver Chair (not generally my fandom) but I read this one because of the title. I was hoping for a spy fic with intrigue and Narnia references being used as code or something, but this was unexpectedly sweet and not overcooked. Especially enjoyed the scene with the Pevensies going to the dance.

Wenxi chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
So cute! I love how their relationship develops, and how well the codependency fits. It's also really interesting to see Eustace's view on the FoN treating him like adults, when he hasn't been in Narnia long enough to become one.

Seeing the Pevensies from afar was pretty amazing too. Jill had such an awesome statement; It must be easier for them now that they're older. Fantastic job.
Ressick chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
I don't read a lot of Narnian fic, perhaps because I have loved the books so long, and most fanfic really doesn't measure up. But this gets so darn close, and I love it. Your Scrubb and Pole are perfect, and you've really got a great grip on the family that has grown out of Narnia, in the shadowlands. This is something I can see fitting into the book universe so very easily. Thank you.
Starbrow chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
Wow I can't believe I didn't review this story the first go-round when I first read it last year. I loved it then and I love it even more now - it truly is one of my favorite Narnia fics of all time. The progression of their ages combined with the way you wrote the characters at each stage suited them perfectly, while the repeating trope of their sleeping arrangement was GENIUS, it so perfectly captured the comfortable familiarity of their relationship. The evolution from friends to something more felt very organic, not forced at all, and you make Eustace/Jill seem like the most natural thing in the world!

This fic was funny, sweet, historically researched, AND adroitly written...and that's a combination you don't see very much on this site or in the Narnia category for that matter. I loved every second of it.

Would it be presumptuous of me to request more "fluff" and/or one-shots from you? Even if they are shorter than this one, you do an amazing job portraying the various canon characters (I'm off to leave a review on your Horse and Her Girl).
Pendragon2601 chapter 1 . 9/19/2011
I really like this story. Everything just seemed to fit them, and I liked the pace of their relationship as they grew up. Very sweet.
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »