Reviews for Shiny Happy People
firefly729 chapter 1 . 12/11/2010
I'm one of those few who can take or leave Hannah, but I liked seeing a fic from her point of view that doesn't come off as childish for a change. This was really well done.
Tango Mike Charlie chapter 1 . 12/11/2010
How I wish for this story to be the continuation of that ep... but I'm afraid we'll have to wait a bit longer for that... Booth is too loyal to break if off with Hannah right away.
lizook chapter 1 . 12/11/2010
You're such a tease leaving us there ;)

Despite my distaste for Hannah I do enjoy reading well written shots like this - it's always intriguing to get the outside point of and, if nothing else, as a savvy reporter she is cued into observing these things. The nuances and disconnects.

"They also spent a lot of time together, mostly in bed, or at the kitchen table. They rarely spent time in his living room, which was something she had noticed from the beginning and not quite understood."

I like the idea that she had noted this from the beginning, but only now had really started to piece it together with everything else. A smaller piece of the whole puzzle, if you will.

"It was not the gentle grin that held between swigs of beer, between peals of laughter, between solid gazes."

I just love that image. Truly.

Nice job, K, I don't think I even need a drink after this one ;)
PenguinRuffles chapter 1 . 12/11/2010
I love you a little bit right now. Well...still, I should say. You know, I don't hate Hannah. Objectively, none of this is her fault. She should actually be...maybe not pitied, but bless her heart, it's not going to end well for her. And she's a person too. She's not a bad person. She's just a person.

This is very, very well done. It actually feels very in-character to me, though how I can discern what is and isn't in-character in my head after so little time actually seeing her, I don't know. Maybe she's taken on a life of her own. Either way, I...actually feel for her, in this. I don't really want her to hurt. The world doesn't need any more hurt.

She's a perceptive little thing, Hannah - your way of writing her is awesome. The imagery of her wandering around in one of his shirts, in a living room they don't really use. The nativity set his mom gave him, neither of them really want to discuss his past. Her automatic, repressed reaction to jealousy, being a normal person who wants answers for something that's there and isn't going to go away. The ending...you know, it shouldn't be bittersweet. I'm on Bones' side. Not on Booth's. Not on Hannah's. All the same, though. I'm sad for her.

This was awesome, as usual. You rock. Keep up the awesome.
duathkaimelar chapter 1 . 12/11/2010
This is very well done. I think you've nailed the intricacies of the situation, and I love the use of the wise men. The truth is going to come out eventually, the wheels are turning, we'll have to see how it plays out.
Yatobu chapter 1 . 12/11/2010
Well, you're right, I don't like her. The biggest reason maybe the actress is not believable enough to portray war & award winning reporter *snort* ... she's like teenager and her skill as actress looks bad in the middle of Bones' stellar cast. But anyway ... I'm enjoying your story here (_) her insecurities n jealousy make me feel better. What can I say, I'm brennan's girl!
sci-fied chapter 1 . 12/11/2010
I also felt badly that you needed to post such an extensive and pleading A/N. I may not like Hannah, but she is just a fictional character...and FanFiction fixes all that ails us in the fantasy department.

It would be foolish to believe that Hannah is completely naive to the intensity of Booth and Brennan's interactions. You captured that so very well in this fic. As always, your writing style is flawless and your characters are dead on. I especially enjoyed that you took this from Hannah's point of view, as it gave us perspective.

Excellent fic.

sci
rosyle chapter 1 . 12/11/2010
I hate when people feel like they have to apologize for writing about or liking Hannah. I really like Hannah and I'm unapologetic about it. I think she's a great character and that she's good for Booth. She's been added to the canvas for a reason and I'm curious to see how it's all going to play out.

With that said, I loved your fic and how it was written. Great job!
bones35 chapter 1 . 12/11/2010
This is very, very good. Your rendition of Hannah's state of mind and emotion is supberb.

The consideration that he has a special look/smile for Booth is realy unique; tht does not happene very often in these stories.

You offer a different take and that you had to pleasd for people to read is just an example of the unfortuante vitriole soem fans have towards the cahracter and in some extreme cases, the actress.

I like the way you hinted at her torment; they were close, physically and jealous of what Brennan has with Booth. The irony, I suppose, is Brennan what's the physical part now.

I think we will feel bad when Booth ends it with Hannah; worse, it will be a few episodes before there is a hint of them hooking up. Man, this season is a downer, isn't it?
24 | « Prev Page 1 2