Reviews for I Wish I Was Your Brother
mzz chapter 7 . 1/24/2011
Ow... now I want to cry, I'd wish I have a brother like Dean.. wow the chapter was beautiful you are a great writer, thanks for sharing you story.
gianess chapter 2 . 1/23/2011
This is my favorite chapter. I LOVE THIS SO MUCH. i am really enjoying reading this , I HOPE YOU ARE PLANNING TO WRTE MORE CHAPTERS PLEASE!
The Fictionist chapter 6 . 1/23/2011
Wow, I love the twist in this chapter - and the whole story as a whole. I didn't expect that ending at all. Great job ) and well written too.
Twinchester Angel chapter 7 . 1/22/2011
Well, you've done it again. Let me start by saying I love these characters and when I find someone else who obviously loves them as much as I do and they just get them and can put into words exactly what they're going through and exactly what I'm noticing about them it's just so thrilling. One of the many things I love about this story is that it's told by observers, which is exactly what we are. So it just clicks because even when they don't know the full history or even a fraction of the situation they see everything I see. :) This chapter was beautiful. Sam going to Jess' grave alone over and over was just so heartbreaking so when Dean showed up the last time, you knew it was the last time because even though Sam wasn't aware of it, Dean knew this was enough. He had to make Sam see he was at his limit. Leave it to Dean to know exactly how to get Sam to that realization.

First of all, I love how Dean throws in some sarcastic inappropriately funny lines to either lighten the situation or to escalate it. It's almost like he had a plan for each scenario. Since Sam reacted with annoyance and anger, Dean grabbed a hold of the situation and kicked it up another notch. "Well for one thing, I'd like to know why you're treating me like the bastard child your best friend and your wife had behind your back." At first I was shocked he said that! LOL But then I realized Dean said exactly what he knew would get the reaction he needed from Sam. Just a brilliant line. Sooo Dean. Then Sam got cruel, which I think would take anybody by surprise. "You were just jealous because if I went and got her it meant maybe I'd rather die saving her than live with you!" Holy low blows batman! The observer meantime was trying to convey telepathically to Dean that it was just Sam's grief and anger talking. Lucky for all of us, Dean didn't need the message. He already knew. This is his Sammy, after all. Dean loves Sam so much and he can put up with a lot from him. But the one thing Dean WILL NOT tolerate is someone questioning why he would save Sam or that Sam isn't worth saving, especially not from Sam himself. So when he told Dean he wished he woulda let him die, that was the last straw for Dean. No more screwing around. "Don't you ever look me in the eye and question why I saved your life!" Instant chills. The punching and brawling is something both boys understand and I'm glad the observer didn't rush out to break it up. It needed to happen. It seemed like it was Dean's Hail Mary pass. He had no other play. And of course, it worked.

This is the most profound part of the chapter for me. Sam is a crumbling mess on the ground and Dean stands there for a few moments until the time is absolutely right. Meanwhile the observer is again trying to mind meld with Dean to tell him what to do because men aren't taught to ask for what they need. But the one piece of info this man didn't have was that he didn't need to worry about that. Dean taught Sam what Sam's needs were before Sam even knew he needed it. Does that make sense? Sam and Dean had a father/instructor, Dean had a mother who died, and Sam had Dean. So when it comes to Sam's emotional needs? Dean wrote the book. And Sam read it. Which is why Sam was comfortable giving in to Dean and why he felt safe. The groundskeeper has no idea how right he was when he said the dark days weren't over and probably wouldn't be for a while. But this line "the critical difference would be that man sitting there holding him like he'd been doing it since he was born" is why these brothers have crawled into our hearts and set up permanent camp.

I'm sorry this is so long. I was just totally moved by this chapter and sometimes, as Chuck would say, it just flows. I can't stop it. But thank you for this. What a heartwarming chapter. More please? *hugs*
Eris1031 chapter 7 . 1/21/2011
Aw! Poor Sammy, I just want to reach out hug him.
zekeschance chapter 7 . 1/21/2011
I don't know how you do it. You keep coming up with scenarios that absolutely tear me to pieces. I love this series and the way you write is incredible. Thank you so much.
Lujayn chapter 7 . 1/21/2011
Beautiful chapter:) My heart broke for Sam but I was really happy that Dean was there for him. You captured the bond between them wonderfully.
Ani101 chapter 7 . 1/21/2011
amazing chapter! really heartbreaking, i love reading stuff with Sam thinking about Jess, and you write really well, this was so good! can't wait for more, thank you so much!

Ani
brokencrownsandhearts chapter 7 . 1/21/2011
this was so sad! but it was great that dean took care of sam ]
timetowaste247 chapter 7 . 1/21/2011
This chapter came out really well. What I would really like to see more along these lines. It would be interesting if this same person was observing Sam after Dean died. It would also be fun to have this type of analysis of Dean grieving.
fanotheboyz chapter 7 . 1/21/2011
Loved this...need tissues. sniff. Love the observer's POV and the brother's discussion. You nailed it. Thanks for the good cry.
BranchSuper chapter 7 . 1/21/2011
Oh, this was awesome, and very moving. You really caught the essence of their bond in this story. The outsider POV of Dean helping Sam deal with his grief revealed their closeness perfectly. Exceedingly well done.
ReachingTheLost777 chapter 7 . 1/21/2011
gr8 ch

plz upd8 soon XD
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 7 . 1/21/2011
Awesome chapter. Loved it. So angsty and real.
jellybeanjelly chapter 7 . 1/21/2011
Good lord girl! You definitely made me cry with this one. My heart broke all over again for Sam. I've read some fics about him losing Jess and yeah they're sad and they kinda tug a bit at the heartstrings, but I had to actually sit here and dab at my eyes while sniffling. Dean's an excellent big brother. You know I'm hoping in Season 6 we get some kind of moment like this, where Dean comforts a very messed up Sammy like that. Anyway, thank you for writing! I can't wait to read what you bring us next! 3
1,085 | « Prev Page 1 .. 55 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 .. Last Next »