Reviews for Spoils of War
Guest chapter 5 . 4/4/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
RemaSofiRuin chapter 12 . 7/9/2012
This is such a wonderful story with great plot and character development. I especially loved the epilogue and Amrothos character in general.
Turwaithien chapter 12 . 5/4/2012
WOW, this was FABULOUS!

I started reading it and really couldn't stop until the final chapter!

This is definitely my favorite of your Éomer & Lothíriel scenarios! Beautifully written and a very interesting concept too!

It is brilliant how you picture both of them but I have to admit that Morwen somehow steals the show...;-)

I like her very much and Morlach too.

My absolutely favorite part is Éomer "visiting" Théodred. So very touching. And the idea of the love spoon was very sweet too!

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful piece! What a pleasure to read!
Glory Bee chapter 12 . 11/7/2011
Hi Deandra! I really thought I had reviewed this the first time I read it but apparently not lol

I have enjoyed all your stories and this was no exception :)

I always love watching Eomer and Lothiriel fall in love and it was nice that there was very little angst in this tale. Not only was this a great love story, it was also a story of reconciliation and that was beautifully portrayed with Morwen and her grandchildren. You wrote Morwen as much more endearing than she is usually written as and I could totally understand why in the Elfwine Chronicles, you chose to name one of Eomer and Lothiriel's daughters after her. :) Hope this is not too long winded for you :)
Mary07 chapter 12 . 8/4/2011
I have certainly read you others stories about Lothiriel and Eomer, and always liked them. However, this one I never read before, but I also loved it. There are so few stories about them, but I think you are a great writer and have always portrayed good characters ;)
Inwe Tasartir Tinuviel chapter 12 . 6/9/2011
Excellent story Deandra!... Enojyed it alot!... congrats!... :)
DeathByMonkees chapter 2 . 4/24/2011
"SILENCE!" hahaha that was hilarious really enjoying the story, i used to read your stories a few years ago and your writing sucks me right into the story now as it did back then. great stuff
DeathByMonkees chapter 1 . 4/24/2011
Nice first chapter! Your attention to detail is amazing, really cool. And Lothiriel seems really young and sweet in this one, it's gonna be fun to see how she handles Eomer, haha.
reader13lovesbooks chapter 7 . 3/14/2011
I am now fully convinced that Eomer is the Middle-earth Mr. Darcy.
lindahoyland chapter 6 . 3/6/2011
That must be the world's most unromantic proposal!I liked Morwen in this chapter.
blah chapter 12 . 1/31/2011
hm, imagine that! Now Amrothos has to get married, seeing as Lothiriel is younger than him. I think you make him sound funnier than I thought of him at first, but I like it that way.
Lialathuveril chapter 11 . 1/25/2011
I really enjoyed your portrait of Morwen (although I have to say, you've given her a hard life) and that she got reconciled to her grandchildren in the end. Trust Eowyn to keep resisting longest! It was nice to read a longer story in which this character featured as I don't think there's much written about her. Also it's evident you've done a lot of research on time lines etc., which is nice to see as so many authors don't bother with that kind of thing - but I appreciate it

Some of the other details I also liked were Morwen's dog - and that he obeyed Eomer - and especially the love spoon. My mother being from Wales, I did recognize them at once and loved that you managed to include them. Although one thing puzzled me, why did Eomer stick it in his boot? Being practical minded, I could not help thinking that it might pong afterwards. lol!

Thanks for the nice read!

Lia
lindahoyland chapter 5 . 1/19/2011
I loved the scenes for Eomer and Eowyn and Aragorn and Eomer and Faramir. You portray them all so well.
Amariel chapter 12 . 1/10/2011
That was a beautiful story and a pleasure to read! I absolutely loved how much detail and research you put into it, the extra effort really showed. Bravo!
lindahoyland chapter 4 . 1/9/2011
Poor Morwen,what a tragic life she has led!

I love the image of Aragorn having to rescue the would make a great story; Aragorn and Eomer go out heavily guarded, some ill befalls and they save the hapless guards!

I like your Faramir very much.
102 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »