Reviews for His Greatest Wish
jazzy chapter 37 . 4/3
I love this story very much and am wondering if you with finish it, You say that this story ends with the 50th chapter, do you have all written out and if so please, please update,

Thank you very much and I am as always looking forward to your future chapters until the very end :)

jazzy2may2
lsurprise Comcast. net
Red Eyed Newborn chapter 35 . 4/2
I am so happy!
Spidercat chapter 37 . 3/21
I suppose it's possible that Voldemort could return - even though Sev and Dumbledore destroyed all the Horcruxes Voldemort had created to date, Voldemort was MIA for over 2 years and could have created more Horcruxes (in fact he may have felt he had to since he likely sensed the destruction of his existing Horcruxes). Of course, if he does come back he'll be significantly weaker than in the HP books - most of his soul will have been gone and his followers have dwindled (and if Sev is successful in stopping Umbridge, it's possible he could prevent more Voldemort supporters from rising).
MrRobertsIII chapter 37 . 3/21
Really enjoyed this. I like how Dumble's kept Sev out of the fight. I'm hoping Voldy is still hanging around though - too good a villain to let disappear so quickly.
Spidercat chapter 37 . 3/16
As much as I'm looking forward to Chapter 38 and learning how this new war with Umbridge turns out, ever since I read Chapter 26, I'm satisfied knowing that Sev and Lily are as inseparable as any couple can hope to be. Granted their love will undoubtedly be tested and there may be misunderstandings, but still - these two (at least in this universe) are incredibly solid.

James is an interesting case - I can see him starting to develop some villainous traits (nothing like Voldemort or Umbridge, but something on par with Draco Malfoy). Without Lily, his Marauders, or his position on the Quidditch team, he's quickly becoming an insecure ex-jock who will likely make some very bad decisions. It might be ironic/funny if Sev winds up saving James from being killed (just as James saved Severus in the original timeline) only to have James hate him for it. The similarity might actually cause Sev to develop some genuine sympathy for James (since Sev knows what that's like).
Spidercat chapter 36 . 3/16
Interesting! While this is Chapter 36, it can also be seen as the beginning of book 2 in the Severus Prince chronicles.

It fits too. While the Harry Potter series was entirely concerned with taking down Voldemort, Sev is a different character in that he fought for both dark and light wizards and can see the dangers from both. Now that Voldemort's threat has ended, it only makes sense that Sev now battle villains who are apparently light wizards, but who can actually do more damage than even Voldemort (Bad as Voldemort's plan to exterminate all Muggles and half-bloods was, Umbridge's plan to make life a living hell for any magical creatures she deems undesirable is actually worse).
Spidercat chapter 34 . 3/16
Awesome! Maybe Lily thinks taking out Voldemort with a bullet is anticlimactic (and in the original Harry Potter books is certainly would be) but for this story it fits very well. This story isn't about a boy avenging his parents by taking out a dark wizard in a duel - it's about a man finding redemption for his past misdeeds by looking past his former prejudices. Realizing that Voldemort could be taken out if wizards allied themselves with Muggles shows that Sev can now see and respect the strengths and weaknesses of both Muggles and wizards, something even Dumbledore couldn't do.

Moreover, the fact that the Ministry is publicly recognizing the Muggles who helped take down the most dangerous wizard of all could have huge ramifications in Muggle-Wizard relations and challenge the idea of blood purity.
Spidercat chapter 26 . 3/16
Wow. I've read a few Snape/Lily fan fics, including a few where he goes back in time to fix his life, but this chapter stands above almost all of them. It's not about Sev receiving forgiveness from Lily for his previous life's actions - as far as she's concerned, none of that matters since it didn't happen in this timeline and Sev is a very different person from what he was before. Rather, it's about Sev finding the courage to be honest with Lily about who he really is - and the acceptance and love he receives from her. If anything, their bond is now even stronger than Lily/James in the previous timeline, or even Lily and Harry (which is saying something).

I know a lot of female readers are probably wishing they had a boyfriend like this new Sev - but there are also a lot of males who would love to have a girlfriend like Lily who can see their darkest secrets - and still love and accept them.
Herp Derp chapter 37 . 3/15
Aww, ish soo good! Why no updates any more? Me wants more!
Maybe2Morrow chapter 37 . 3/6
I love this story so much. I can't wait for more, I hope you can update sooner than you think you'll be able to! :D
randsvalstar chapter 37 . 2/23
I am very much enjoying this story and very much hope that you will have time to further it in the near future. _
graynavarre chapter 20 . 2/18
What a sad missed chance Lily had to connect with Petunia. If she could have been slightly less self absorbed then she would have noticed what Petunia said about singing a solo (which apparently even her parents didn't even acknowledge).

How hard would it have been to ask Petunia what she sang and how did it go? Was it a big solo? Who else sang? etc.

I know that adult Petunia was a nasty piece of work, but her parents and Lily shoved her in that direction. From being an older beloved daughter and sister, she become the person who was ignored unless she acted out. If ever a child was screaming out for help and attention, it was young Petunia Evans. Too bad her parents could only see their younger daughter.
graynavarre chapter 1 . 2/16
Just started this and looking forward to more.
Nightcrawlerfw chapter 37 . 1/31
I'm loving your story. I hope you update soon. Have a fun weekend!
johngabriel.cruz.1 chapter 37 . 1/12
i really love this story. please update sooner! that would be really great :)