Reviews for Seven Stages
lordhellebore chapter 7 . 9/19/2012
Well done! It was chilling to read how staff was thinking of the slaves as no longer human as soon as they came in, and how this dehumanising treatment of others was just a normal job to them.
elquendi chapter 7 . 9/2/2011
This was very good. I really enjoyed seeing how House became a slave- his reactions, fight and eventual surrender. I must say though, I lost a lot of my sympathy with the realisation that it's their own fault for going into debt! :)
damigella chapter 7 . 7/7/2011
Okay, so I now managed to find my way through this. I decided it made sense before reading further in the sixteen days at PPTH. All I can say is... wow.

It's a huge work, and I still have to go through House's POV that scares me much, much more. As if this wasn't scary enough. The routine of all the people seeing slaves as non-persons is unfortunately very, very realistic (I think this has happened over and over again in human history) which of course makes it more not less awful.

And the little girl used as bait... that was chilling. I couldn't understand whether the woman who "cared" for her knew that she was meant to die if House behaved himself. I hope not.

And the final touch of letting him know she died... I can't believe it. Although with what awaits her one can't help but wonder whether a merciful death wouldn't have been better.

I also find it a bit unpleasant to leave reviews at ff because of the way the response system works, so much so that I often don't even respond to reviews to what I write. But I understand that you have some good reasons for not posting elsewhere (dreamwidth or AO3 would be alternatives to lj). So long as you keep writing, I'll be happy. And I'm looking forward to the next chapter of Wilson inside, whenever you feel like writing it.

Thank you so much for all the love you give House.

[PS I finally realized that he's so often shown wearing a turtleneck in the first season... maybe he did have a collar, LOL.]
glenlivet19 chapter 7 . 12/20/2010
heeheee,, he just SEEMS to have accepted his lot in life,, but he will make them realize that he is not just an MRI machine,, or will he be able to? How interesting that he ignored the desk and knelt on the floor,,,, his training really took hold,,,

I'd LOVE for you to do a sequel,, of House's first few days at PPTH,,, and also the details of when the infarction happened. That would be quite interesting!
glenlivet19 chapter 6 . 12/20/2010
He does seem to be compliant now,,, I guess he has figured out that he has no choice in the matter.
Ilumim chapter 7 . 12/16/2010
This was one hell of a journey, Greg changed so much in such a short time. Would love to see the beginning of his time at PPTH! :D
DarkDreams18 chapter 7 . 12/15/2010
Like this dystopic world you created. I prefer slightly happier endings, but as he is with a hospital, I must accept that's about as happy as it gets.

Thank you, for writing this.
avid reader chapter 6 . 12/15/2010
God, you'd have to be such a sick fuck to live in this universe.
JBFan81 chapter 7 . 12/15/2010
Please do continue and write about Greg's first few days at PPTH!
tailkinker.au chapter 7 . 12/15/2010
I still really like the last scene with Greg on his knees :) And I love the whole story because it gives so much context to the events in CollarRedux...
Black Bard chapter 7 . 12/15/2010
The end is amazing... wow!

A slave can go back to his freedom?Really? I thought it was a permament state...

Thank you very much for this story.
TetraFish06 chapter 5 . 12/14/2010
That is so sad! I'm glad they saved the little girl, but House was made to think that she died. It was so cruel to sue her like that.

Very well written.
DarkDreams18 chapter 5 . 12/14/2010
This has been amazing, heartwrenching at times, but still, amazing.

poor greg :( I want him to fight, like Spartacus :( Very sad
JBFan81 chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
I have been really enjoying your Collar Universe.

Keep it up!
glenlivet19 chapter 5 . 12/14/2010
oh,, so putting the kid in there was actually a test for House,,, and I take he failed it,,, oh boy. Wonder what is going to happen to him now. And having to smoke a cigarette every hour,,, and then nicotine withdrawal,, after being without for 3 weeks,, OMG! This is a very interesting, methodical process,,, breaking people into the slave mentality,,, looking forward to Greg's POV on Chapter 5,,, and the rest of this.