Reviews for Thing in my Closet
YAY! :) I love it.
MooDiggory chapter 1 . 2/10/2011
LOVE LOVE LOVE. Awesome.
Nancy T chapter 1 . 12/20/2010
Dang, Wolfpack Pride took the first line of my review. "Maybe singing was a mom thing and guns were a dad thing" is an outstanding line, just the kind of thing that a very perceptive little kid would think.

Can I make one suggestion? The past tense of "waken" is "wakened"; the past tense of "awaken" is "awakened." There is no such word as "woken." I'm going to KILL Dan Brown's editor someday, because I swear I've mostly been seeing this since "The Da Vinci Code" came out filled with "wokens."

Ahem. Back to your story. Your story is the reason fan fiction exists - to fill in the holes, to suggest the background incidents, and to do it well. I particularly like your portrait of John, who is so often seen as just a monster. I cannot imagine ANYTHING riskier than giving a gun to a scared 9-year-old, and of course Sam could've easily blown his own head off, and your story makes that clear; but it also makes clear that this is the way John expresses love and caring. And anyone can see why Sam would feel safe with John, because "He was like Superman." Just really well portrayed characters. Thank you.
C.C. Nyde chapter 1 . 12/11/2010
Ohmygosh. The last paragraph will seriously keep me thinking all night. So good!
Wolfpack pride chapter 1 . 12/11/2010
"Maybe singing was a mom thing and guns were a dad thing." I love that line. I really liked this story. I wish it ended with a happier note but Sam's closing thought was perfect in its own right. I liked it.