Reviews for Phoenix Fire
FiresCreek chapter 10 . 8/31/2014
Thank you so much for mentioning me in the AN :3 It is such an honor when an author acknowledges their fan, so thank you once more.

In regard to the chapter, I thought it was wonderful as always. Even when you step back from your stories, getting back into them is always as easy as breathing. I guess because your previous chapters just end in such memorable ways.

The way you write Itachi is very beautiful. My favorite detail you put so much heart into is his eyes, because let's face it, his eyes clearly hold most of his emotions and thoughts. While he is certainly a complex, abyss of a character, you let his innocence and childlike nativity shine through as well, making him extremely relatable. And lovable.

Another character I was pleasantly surprised with in this story is Karin. I will not lie when I say she is probably one of my least favorite characters throughout the Naruto world. I think she is useless to the plot over all and is just another Sasuke fangirl who I want to stab lol. However, the way you write her makes it almost impossible for me to /not/ like her. She goes through actual character development in this story. At first she was still all for Sasuke, but now, she is going against him to care for something (someone) other than herself.

Anyway to wrap this up, since I tend to ramble, I love this story. I love that the different array of genres overlap and mesh so well together. There are times when I see this as true ItaSasu fluff. but then there are parts that are really tragic when Itachi is remembering his past life. And now with Tobi's description of what Itachi now is, I am seeing glorious horror come into play :D

Thank you for another great chapter. And as always, I look forward to reading more.
Guest chapter 10 . 8/31/2014
Yayyyy. Y updated. I think the mysterious stranger is Itachi. My favorite character ever. Itachi forever. Sasuke, your dumb ass. Don't believe madara idiot. Oh lord. Some people don't learn.
Satoko chapter 10 . 8/31/2014
FINALLY XDDDDD Mattemashitaaaaaaaaaa D
Rosebunse chapter 10 . 8/31/2014
Oh, I love you! It's so gentle and creepy...
ASWF chapter 10 . 8/31/2014
Wow this is an amazing chapter! The shoutouts to new canon revelations were especially nice :)
(Was startled and very pleasantly surprised to see an update! Thanks v much! :D) (and is it just me or is the prose in this chapter especially polished? Awesome!)
Poor Sasuke, poor Itachi. And honestly i don't think Itachi would resist if Sasuke truly tried to kill him; Itachi had been broken from the beginning and it was horrendously sad that he understood that the sweet younger brother he so loved did not want him around.
The mystery deepens! Still can't quite figure out the endgame XD
Guest chapter 9 . 8/25/2014
I understand this fic is probably abandoned, but know that it is fantastic and I made a whining noise the lower my scroll bar got. Zetsu's backstory is LEGIONS better than canon, and provides a haunting, eerie foil to the Uchiha brothers. The balance of Itachi's creepiness (Karin and Suigetsu both bitten! Aghhh! :(), disturbing intelligence (practically parallel with the chess master savviness of his older self's flashbacks), and his genuine childishness is also fabulous. Kisame and Itachi's scenes are also super amazing and well thought out and almost makes the sloppy canon writing seem plausible.

So... yeah if you ever pick this up again, know that someone out there will scream praising the update of a super quality fic! If not, know that someone out there will continue to look at this fic fondly and nostalgically wonder what could have been. Either way, thank you for sharing!
InactiveAuthor1 chapter 9 . 4/5/2013
I love this story! Please update soon; I can't wait to read what happens next.
Celestial Dance chapter 9 . 1/26/2013
Very interesting and beautifully written - hoping for an update soon (:
Marcia Andrea chapter 9 . 12/3/2012
Hola.
Me encanto tu historia, me parece que esta muy bien escrita, la trama es excelente, además de que el mini relato del principio me es extrañable, y una buena idea, me recuerda a un libro que leí hace mucho.
En fin espero que lo contiues, tu historia es hermosa, y por favor no tardes mucho, aquí tienes a una fiel lectora.
Niu chapter 9 . 11/15/2012
I thought I would never read another story from you and I was so happy to see this chapter. This fanfic is simply marvelous... The plot is amazing and the way you develop it, it just blows me away. Perfect, honestly perfect. I'm so happy to see you are back... you are one of my favorite authors.
honebami chapter 9 . 10/21/2012
I love how realistic and in-character Sasuke is here. I think you did an excellent job portraying all the characters (you didn't just outright bash Karin like so many other authors do, first of all), and your tiny Itachi...has a certain mysterious charm to him.

This is a really great story, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it so far! It's quite suspenseful, and I can't wait to read more of this, so please update soon? :)
FiresCreek chapter 9 . 10/14/2012
Oh gosh I'm so happy you're back Not just for your wonderful stories, but because it's been a year and I was worried about you. I was actually thinking about messaging you to say hi, but then I thought you might think I was being too demanding. I'm sorry OTL

I adored this chapter and I must say that it made me cry when Hidetsu was killed. I'm going to take a wild guess here (and will feel completely stupid if i'm wrong). I'm guessing that Hidetsu and Zeto are Zetsu, right? If so, then the way you capture their own individuality as well as their need to be connected to one another, is absolutely unique and brilliant. I won't give too much away because I don't know if you read ahead in the manga, but let's just say, I love your version of Zetsu instead of the actual one. Once you find out what he is, it's a let down D:

I was very surprised with how easily I was able to get back into your story. It's been a year and I thought I would have to re read everything to remember it all, but really, you left off on a memorable part and it definitely helped that this whole chapter moved away from Itachi and Sasuke.

Once more, I'm very happy that you're back and I look forward to reading more.
Zena007 chapter 9 . 10/13/2012
Okay, so no ItaSasu in here for me...I has a sad:( Regardless, what I did read, which was technically about OC's, of whom I rarely like to read about, was really, really interesting! I thoroughly enjoyed reading about the twins' bandit family and their interactions. And, of course, the brothers' themselves interactions. Lol, they were a pretty good substitute (and they smexed, wahooo to twincest!). However, in this case, unlike with Itachi and Sasuke, Hidetsu was literally Zeto's shadow. He wasn't just walking in a shadow of his brother, he lived in it, but that was how they survived.

And they had survived for a long time after getting banished and would have lived even longer together if stupid Zeto had paid better attention to his foresight dream. His brother died EXACTLY as Zeto had dreamt about yet he stupidly didn't take any extra precautions, considering he had been given a chance to change things so his brother would definitely not die that way. But the idiot even went as far as to ignore his brother when he was pleading for him not to do anything at that time!

Now what shall happen? What shall happen to the remaining brother, being in the hands of another pair of brothers? An ORGY? Lol, kidding, kidding! Keep writing, my love, while I work on sprouting a coffee tree to keep your mind working and typing for eternity!
KiwiNiki chapter 9 . 10/13/2012
Oh My God Update YES this made me so freaking happy. For a second I was trying to remember what story this was but then i clicked on the link and i remembered. Its so freaking good. Im glad you're not giving up on it :D
Zena007 chapter 8 . 10/13/2012
Little devil, Itachi! He goes from sleeping innocently beside Sasuke to nomming on one of his friends, just like that! It doesn't seem like he's conscious of it, though...unless he's just too afraid to admit what he did since everyone was kinda looking at him like he was some little beast (oh, but he is, I know he is...). But the poor thing is just a confused...reincarnation? Having all these crazy flashbacks and not able to understand them. Not that Itachi himself handled it any better when he was younger, I'm sure.

Hmmm...just what was that mission Itachi and Orochimaru had been paired up to do before? I'm assuming it's the part in the manga/anime where he tries to ambush Itachi only to get his arm cut off...obviously he didn't care about Madara's goals:P Regardless, I loved their interaction because, yes, Itachi is a pouty teenager as Madara said, but he's just so darn CUTE about it!

And GAAAHHHH, the cliffhanger! Itachi remembers, Itachi remembers, but just how much does it remember?! GET ON WITH IT, GIRLY!