Reviews for Troika
Mermaidhuntress chapter 5 . 12/11/2014
It's very intriguing how you're pulling this together. I especially love how you are manipulating real history into the world of Leviathan. I just reallyreallyreally you finish it!
Guest chapter 5 . 9/30/2014
Moremoremore
Crash92 chapter 5 . 6/22/2014
My God do I feel sorry for everyone in this story. Like Anastasia is very sympathetic given the circumstances, but she can be a down right manipulative bitch. And she and Alek, in my opinion, bring out the worst in each other. Alek's easily dominated by Anastasia, who sees him as a plaything and she's obviously emotionally abusive towards him. She doesn't really care about what he thinks or what he wants, she's trying to keep up appearances and find amusements in a generally awful situation. And Alek, well he's become a cold, sullen, withdrawn, resentful jerk who's also emotionally and verbally abusive towards Anastasia! Like really, Deryn brought him out of his depression and brought out his humility, kindness, compassion and humanity and without her (in canon) he's emotionally hamstrung.

It makes me worried for Maksim and his mental development. I honestly hope Deryn and Volger (of all people) will be there for him, 'cause Alek and Anastasia, no matter how much they love him, are going to be horrible influences. He needs Deryn because of her strength of character and her unconditional love. And Volger's no idiot. He probably sees what Alek and Anastasia have become/are and would do what he thinks would be right for his protege's son.

But honestly, I think Deryn's going to come out of this okay. Yeah she's heartbroken and Alek's too far gone to ever be the friend/lover she needs, but she's resilient. Her strongest quality is her ability to pick herself up and move on with her life; she did that after her dad's death, she could very well do it again. And if it means that she can't have Alek and Maksim in her life, then so be it. She could do it and find some way to be there for Maksim, but live without Alek and be happy and free.

I'm definitely going to continue following this, but holy hell is it hard. Good job! No really. I'm not trying to be sarcastic. You've done an awesome job with these characters in this AU with your knowledge of history (I'm hedging my bets that the Russian Revolution will still happen, Russia's ready for one) and your incredible character development. Anastasia fits perfectly with the other characters their evolution in this situation is amazing (and painful, but I like angst) to watch unfold. Two thumbs up and keep at it.
Clevingerrr chapter 5 . 6/21/2014
Good Lord, this is a depressing take on the diplomatic affairs of the Leviathan series. It's very well-written and researched, and the focus on political intrigue is fascinating, but...still. I feel like each chapter is a gut-punch to the characters, seeing as how things are going to get much worse before they have a chance of getting better. I like the characterization of Anastasia as well; she fits in with the existing cast well. It's amazing to think the first chapter was published in 2010...

I find myself both anticipating and dreading the next installment. There's no way Alek could possibly end up in a relationship with Deryn at this point, and Deryn will continue to be heartbroken as her son is raised by another woman. It's a morbid affair, to say the least. I can take some comfort in my love of history, knowing that sooner or later Lenin and the Bolsheviks will permanently change the status quo. Although, considering the way this is going, I get the feeling that wiping out the Romanovs won't help Deryn's case at all...
Pandaemic chapter 2 . 6/19/2014
Also, i know hemophilia is right in the US, but its a little annoying because I have a little bit of OCD and I'm used to haemophilia, not hemophilia
Jac Hankosha chapter 5 . 6/19/2014
Awesome chapter! I love Anastasia's interactions with Alek and Deryn, and I can't wait to find out what she's scheming!
Pandaemic chapter 5 . 6/19/2014
wow this is nice. hope the next chapter comes within the month!
Pandaemic chapter 4 . 5/4/2014
Please update this again I want to see what will happen! PLEASE?
Pandaemic chapter 1 . 4/19/2014
Just saying reddish blonde is strawberry blonde. The more you know!
WisestOwl chapter 4 . 8/25/2013
Tears in my sodden eyes.
leggrestrade chapter 4 . 8/10/2013
Hey. This story is beyond awesome, but I also can't bear it because MY BABIES. Please please update soon!
cthulhu-with-a-fez chapter 4 . 8/7/2013
Ooooohhh, INTRIGUE! And angst. Lots and lots of angst. I like it!
... Will you be updating it at any point in the near future?
Stranger chapter 4 . 6/3/2013
Oh gosh, you're brilliant, even when I hate you for making my lovelies suffer, I love you! I want nothing more than to burn Austria to the ground, simply so that alek would no longer have an empire, or a responsibility to it, then they could finally have the ending they deserve!
BobyAnneSueJoe.The Second chapter 4 . 5/27/2013
Ineterestiong and intrigued
Guest chapter 4 . 5/23/2013
This is soo great I cried