Reviews for In the Open
Wooden Tulips chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
Seriously lol'd at "I'm not calling you mum." Greatest line EVER in a Lumione story.

Also, again, love the Harry/Hermione relationship. People who don't write their relationship like this are dicks.
The Hooded Falcon chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
Amazing, just amazingly flawless with how everything was pictured. It takes a very skilled writer to conjure up images in my head of what is happening in the text.

However, I can't believe that you finished it here and now instead of continuing it. This disappoints me and I am begging you to do a third piece to you wonderful work!

The Hooded Falcon
tastemylip chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
YES! SO awesome (:
CurlyQ2102 chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
Absolutely beautiful and perfect. Your ability with the written word, portrayal of realistic emotion, and flow of storyline with these characters...was flawless!

I noticed however that this was a completed work. That was the only thing about it that I didn't like. Oh please do continue on *begging without shame *

I don't think there is anything you could ever write that would not leave one wanting more! Extremely well done!
BittersweetWhispers1 chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
Loved it. I think you continued this beautifully.

The Harry/Hermione conversation was hilarious. I loved how you worked in the misunderstanding for humour... we went from "Oh that's not good, but not awful" to "OMG YOU DID WHAT?" (I'm still giggling about this).

I really liked the scene where Lucius and Hermione meet again. I expected something more explosive, but it was actually really sweet and touching. I think you found a good balance between keeping Lucius a bit bad, while giving him a sense of honour and decency.

And the Silencing charm on his clothes... brilliant! XD

Lastly, the title of each one-shot, the symbolism of being in disguise vs being open about how they really felt about each other - it worked so well. I really love those little touches to a fic.
rose chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
I LOVED THIS EVEN MORE THAN THE 1st one the plot made it better . Keep the stories comming !
Miss Artemis chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
There's just something about your writing that makes me fall in love. I have a particular fondness for Hermione x Lucius, but not many people can pull it off just right. Lucius either comes out to be too harsh or nauseatingly sweet, and Hermione too insecure or simpering, as if she was a sex goddess.

What I liked about your writing is that it is realistic to both of their characters - Lucius to know what he wants and takes it (like all Slytherins) while still being discrete and absolutely gorgeous; and Hermione to be the bookworm Gryffindor witch who is independent and realistic. She was appropriately skittish but not so afraid that she loses that spark of courage (a lot of authors tend to lose that).

I really enjoyed "In Disguise" as well as "In the Open." They were both a pleasurable read. I also enjoyed Narcissa and Draco's personalities as well - both in line but with a refreshing little twist that isn't too OOC, but adds depth. I hope you continue to write more Hermione x Lucius because they are incredible.

Again, thanks for the read!

-Miss Artemis
alisainwonderland chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
This is incredible. It's the most believable Hermione/Lucius story I've read. You characters are very well-developed. Please continue!
NoirChick chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
That was fab, I'm so pleased you decided to continue with it and as SnapeFanatic1 pointed out you could definitely get at least another ten chapters out of it! I like the way you write so I expect to read more from you please.
Phoenix Rebel chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
I can't help but think that the Malfoys may have some guilt (at least Lucius) that they hid out and Hermione and the others had to sacrifice so much...including loved ones get rid of Voldemort.

Please...please...please tell me you are going to continue this story? It is soooo good!
SnapeFanatic1 chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
Honestly, I think you have a great thing going on here. I would lovvve for you to continue this. I like how you have your characters set, they're very well balanced. And you have a niceflowing plot going. Nice work. Really hope this turns into a story ;) ten chapters at least.

Oh I also want to mention I really like the length of your segments, chapters. I really hate reading something that's so short it's laughable. Thought I would mention it, lol, idk.
26 | « Prev Page 1 2