Reviews for Together Again for the First Time
iluvninjagoTNSBFWgirl chapter 8 . 7/2/2015
Two different realities...What? Mind blowing.
iluvninjagoTNSBFWgirl chapter 4 . 7/2/2015
Just FYI, PJ is the oldest, not Teddy.
WyldCard4 chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
Okay, after many years I have finally watched a good portion of Good Luck Charlie. Also, I've been having rather severe sleeping problems lately, so time to dive back into the inferno.

First of all, time to review the summary and author's note.

The summary is pretty good, though IMO it requires the context of the first fic, which might be a bit off since 's chronology means that most people will see this fic first. Anyone who is actively interested in this fanfic will probably be involved enough with the ideas of Justin, Juliet, and Teddy to come here anyway.

So, in this fic Justin and Juliet never dated. Interesting. Probably not how I'd go it, but still interesting. I think Good Luck Charlie is a well developed enough show that Teddy and her family can help to create an interesting story without Juliet actually playing much of a part.

Hm, the Duncans DON'T live in NYC. That's a medium level problem. From a dramatic standpoint nothing relevant really changes. Still, the Duncans are Denver natives. Their whole flavor is suburban rather than urban.

If I were to ever write a GLC/WOWP crossover myself, I'd probably base it on the time PJ and Bob went to New York following Skylar and establish a divergence point, but that's probably more complicated than a fanfic like this actually needs, and "Do We Know Each Other?" predates that episode by a good long while.

The fact that you established Juliet and Justin didn't have a relationship in the author's note, and then bring in Mason Greyback for the first paragraph of the story proper strikes me as really strange. Sure, you can run a timeline where Alex and Mason date without Juliet, but Mason's story is so tied into Juliet's that I can't see it as more than a one-off line unless you're doing a more substantial AU than the fic seems to support.

Justin doesn't have much trouble with girls.

Justin could totally argue with himself for weeks if Alex is not around to stop it. That's kind of what she's for.

Hm, I may be wrong there, but I think I notice a bit of my advise showing when we see Justin thinking about Teddy. His focus is on what makes him attracted to her, and my main criticism of your Alex/Juliet saga was that I had trouble seeing what exactly attracted them to each other. Here, it's clear. Teddy's smart, sweet, and fun to talk to. That's more than enough at this stage. She is all of those things.

(Teddy Duncan was furious and perfectly prepared to unleash that fury upon any target of opportunity. This time, now and forever, she really was done with Spencer. She had had enough of being lied to and cheated on. MEN. Ivy had said it perfectly.)

That's actually rather perfect. Matching the timelines is basically irrelevant, so having him call at the worst time possible works best. I laughed out loud. The buildup to this was solid. The framing is that he's worked up over nothing. Having him call at a horrible time is just great.

Justin's concern about Teddy and Alex "getting together" is kind of hilarious given the Alex/Juliet fandom. Admittedly, he has little to worry about. Teddy seems almost disturbingly straight for a Disney Channel star, and with his ACTUAL concerns she's never been a good pranker.

Um, not buying Teddy inviting Justin to watch her be a mascot. That's the kind of thing she'd try to hide and worry about him knowing. Sure, she did very well as South High's mascot, but it's still not the kind of thing you'd tell a boy about so early on. I also got the impression she stopped ASAP since it never came up again.

So, that was the first chapter. Pretty good.

Chapter 2:

I'd think the easiest and most convenient form of transportation would be teleportation for Justin, though it depends a bit on the timeline.

I will say Bridgit Mendler's face is one of her best features. She manages to look cute in some of the less flattering costume's she's put on when her face is visible. I completely buy Justin finding her cute.

Hm, is it okay if I wonder how much of Good Luck Charlie you watched before you wrote this? I'm just coming off a binge (there's really nothing easier to watch on Netflix) and Teddy's description of the family seems a bit off. Teddy would definitely say something about Amy being a complete, total lunatic. Well, that's basically it, but "in charge" is an odd descriptor for Amy Duncan, especially for a quick description designed mostly to keep him out of trouble.

Hm, meeting the family before the actual first date seems very slightly odd, especially given Teddy always has problems with her boyfriends meeting her family.

Ooh, you hit gold here.

(He felt, well, the word didn't sound romantic but he was comfortable with Teddy. He didn't feel like he needed to show off, to become a star baseball player or anything like that in order to impress her. He could just be himself, regardless of how much Alex teased him about who he was, and he thought that Teddy would accept him like that.)

That is excellent. PERFECT!

1. It's a signing example of how Justin's attracted to Teddy, a concrete reason he should be with Teddy specifically.
2. It's something Justin doesn't really have another source of in his life. Justin and Alex is a story that will echo throughout the ages, but they're never comfortable or normal. Someone normal, who Justin doesn't have to try so hard with, gives Teddy a place in his life.
3. It's really important for a relationship.

Great details.

Yeah, the Duncans are not going to worry about Justin. At all. They seem to like it when their kids are dating. Justin has a lot of good and dependable qualities. He has nothing to worry about. Besides, he can always murder or mind control the family if he runs into trouble.

Chapter 3:

I think I'm too young to get the reference.

"Amy Duncan on the other hand, although she was occasionally prone to going overboard on some things, was a great deal more perceptive than her husband."

Let's see where this is going.

"So what's wrong with you?"

Hm, there's the multiple deaths through battle or trickery he's been directly or indirectly part of, the extensive secret life, being a meat puppet for a fallen angel to bring about the horrible deaths of everyone in the car, the wide spread apocalyptic weather control, occasional bursts of unpredictable sadism, the judgment of a boy who once used a magical zit as a wingman, and the fact that his children would wield powers that he could never hope to control if he did marry Teddy.

Oh, confirmed in the first chapter, his sister's dating someone who eats people.

Justin does seem to get along with the Duncan clan, and outmatching Gabe is no mean feat.

Chapter 3 was fun. Justin seems to be doing well.

Chapter 4:

"Yes she's a girl and there are tons of things wrong with her."

Ooh, that's a good answer.

That's very nearly a crowning moment of awesome for Justin, my dear. He covered the bases very, very well.

Hm, the fact that the Russos actually realize something fishy and supernatural is going on seems slightly too competent for them, but just slightly, especially if you're not making a joke of it.

( Allow for some leeway, some spontaneity.)

No, no, just no. That's not Alex words. Sorry.

So, the two are driving somewhere for their first date. Hm, let's see what it is.

Chapter 5:

Wow, a non-comedic restaurant. He must really like this girl.

(But it wasn't a DARK secret he reminded himself.)

Ah, yes. Nothing Dark about his secrets. Nope, nothing Dark or Evil at all about his family.

Overall well crafted, but not much to say. I've mentioned this before. When stories go down smoothly my style of reviewing tends not to deliver as much.

Chapter 6:

Is Teddy's dress a reference to Juliet having a red dress in Zombie Prom?

Wait, ALICE? PJ's dating Alice? I have to wonder how that happened. Seems like more of a friend date than anything, but still nice. I like Alice.

Hm, I think you're right about Amy's reactions, but you're playing it the wrong way. Amy would definitely take this as deathly serious and be having this conversations. However, it wouldn't come from a place of perception, it would come from her own brand of crazy and over involvement. She's taking it like a teenager would, rather than an adult.

Nice chapter. Once again, not a huge amount to say.

Chapter 7:

Okay, you've got to love Many Selena Gomezes humor.

Hm, Alex and Teddy becoming fast friends does fit with the mood that everyone seems to react to Teddy with partial memories of Juliet. Not sure how long it'd last. Teddy, for all her charms, lacks many of Juliet's traits.

Hm, Max is Max. Not much to say about Max with what we have here. I'm surprised he doesn't have a strong reaction to Teddy in the same way Alex did, with his own warped way of reacting.

("You smell of vanilla,")

Well, so does Alex. And Juliet. I wonder if there's any scent of death on Teddy.

(Although they thought things simply couldn't get better when the Duncan s moved to a new and larger home it just happened that the distance between them was cut more than in half. They took full advantage of that.)

Hm, no chance that a certain mind controller who has a spell that replicates money was responsible...

So, Teddy just happens to find Justin in a fight with the Crawling Chaos. (I'm convinced the Mummy is a Nyarlathotep reference for absolutely no reason.)

Ah, so Teddy got kidnapped by the Mummy.

Well, one chapter left.

Chapter 8:

Hm, I would have gone with a random Mason being there for the rescue and imply a similarly long gap where she disappeared, but that's just me.

A very nice ending, but also not much to say this time.

The multiverse cameo was interesting. I would have done it differently of course, but we're different authors. I'd probably have had it be a very confused and non-successful Alex/Juliet from your other series where both of them are wizards trying to figure out how they went wrong and arranged Justin and Teddy instead of Alex and Teddy.

Good fic. Very so
Dominosrule chapter 8 . 8/30/2012
That's really good!
Dominosrule chapter 4 . 8/30/2012
Sorry if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that P.J's older than Teddy, making him the oldest child. Again, sorry if I'm wrong.
DauntlessFangirl4and6 chapter 8 . 8/8/2012
Could you write another story related to this one, about how justin and juliet found the 'other them' and why they did it? coz it feels like you ended it with a huge question..
lost in a musical daydream chapter 8 . 8/3/2012
Oh gosh Juliet! :)
lost in a musical daydream chapter 7 . 8/2/2012
Uh-oh! :O
lost in a musical daydream chapter 6 . 6/13/2012
I love this, so much. :)
paranormal insanity chapter 7 . 5/16/2012
i love it!

i have been waiting for ages for an update

please keep it up :)
Guest chapter 5 . 4/1/2012
Good job so far. Love the part where Justin smacks into a tree!
paranormal insanity chapter 6 . 3/31/2012
i love it. you are an amazing writer

please keep updating :)
paranormal insanity chapter 5 . 3/29/2012
please; update this story or put it up for adoption: i cant wait to read more of it
lost in a musical daydream chapter 5 . 3/24/2012