Reviews for The Old Smith House
Kairos Impending chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
Hi there! I am here to tell you that this story is beautifully written and full of joy, one of the best I've read in a long time. Cutting right to the contented but adventurous future of Buffy and Angel without explanation of how they got there was a great idea to start with, and then using the confused and big-hearted OC to describe them was even better. I fell so in love with Mrs. Beauchamp. She was exactly the kind of friend and neighbor that our heroes deserve.

Although I thought at first that the story was just going to revolve around these odd little glimpses of the Scoobies from the eyes of the civilians around them, the best part turned out to be the climax with the beast, and what a beast it was. I loved the idea that it had been impersonating a human (Mrs. B must have been sorry to lose her friend Ella though), and that it was responsible for Chibi-Giles and even the twins. And speaking of which, Giles was the cutest thing to ever walk into a fanfic. Everyone's reactions to him were hilarious and perfect. Your characterization is superb.

The details you kept sneaking in there were impressive, like Mrs. B knowing her stuff about abuse victims and waiting for Buffy to twitch when her husband was mentioned. Spike's cameos made me smile, as did Dawn and Xander tripping over each other to cover the truth about Giles. (Are they together here? Is that a bonus Xander/Dawn ship I see? Oh, blessed day.)

Most of all, I loved this story for showing Buffy and Angel together, happy, and still in the fight- closest they'll ever get to dreams fulfilled. I loved it that they have their old friends and family supporting them, and a new friend who faithfully pledges herself as the 'last reserve'. Thank you so much for writing this and letting us add it to the marathon!
cluelessangel85 chapter 1 . 12/20/2010
awesome story, loved it!
Angellufy chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
Can I say that I love it! I remembered of Mrs. Figg from Harry Potter.
Soundly awake chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
Brilliant and unique, keep it up!
GoodWere88 chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
I LOVE THIS STORY!

this really brighten my day and made me laugh. :)