Reviews for Dressing a Moon Princess
DezoPenguin chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
After "Fang," I had to go on and review another story so I didn't leave myself (or you) with a bad taste for the weekend...and this story, by contrast, was excellent. Although small and intimate (only two characters), it manages to be both striking and poignant.

Obviously there's been a substantial time gap since the last story (indeed, I get the suspicion that the "important visitors" are Adan and Gwyn arriving at Dahlia during the game, though that may just be me trying to force the story together), and the changes in Kara are significant. Where before she was meek and a little scared, this Kara is still shy, but it's the shyness of introversion rather than fear. And she quickly shows a spark of strong character when she starts debating the things that she's passionate about.

The "Thea Theories" show here again as well, with Ryan's rescue of Thea. Without Ayn to lead the way, it seems the people of Cille and Shusoran never found Azura (on the other hand, Dahlia wasn't destroyed, so they ended up ahead in that way...). The notes about Thea's ill health and Kara's comment, "The Dragon's Loss," provide poignant commentary, though, for the things that were lost in this side of history compared to the things that Dahlia has gained.

Kara's bookishness and passionate honesty are appealing here, and it opens up a completely different side of her than the way she appears in-game, so this does a very nice job of drawing the base for her character.

Other details are enjoyable as well: the slight hints as to where your second-generation stories will go, and also the high-tech/sci-fi aspects of life on Dahlia (Kara's computer use and her jumpsuit rather than medieval-style dress, presented here as formal wear).

All in all, this is a very nice short which fleshes out the characters of Kara and Thea and the world they lives in both, and caps it all off with a bit of heartwarming mother-daughter bonding. Good work here.
augmentedfourth chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
I like your characterization of Princess Kara, as she doesn't get a whole lot of detail in the game. I'm looking forward to reading the "histories"...
Vicious Pink chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
I really like how you weave your PS3 history into these stories of everyday life on Dahlia and Alisa 3. You're fleshing out the Nial-era "Thea" story line quite well, too, and you do justice to Thea, making her somewhat of a tragic character, but not pathetic.

I like the idea of Kara being bookish as well, and how it clashes with her father's wishes. That seems about right. :) And awwww, someone's still thinking about Adan! I love a good love story, so I'm *quite* excited for future stories now!
BenoitRen chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
I liked it. It was already said that Kara/Luna was a scholar, but wow, she's quite the scholar! And I liked the quality time her and her mother spent together.