Reviews for The Folly of Denethor
zoe alice chapter 1 . 9/2/2011
Kudos. You opened my loathing to a little pity.
Princess Lilith chapter 1 . 7/11/2002
Love him, hate him, love him, hate him, love him, hate him, hate him, hate him. Hate him.

That was good! Ihate Denethor almost as much as I hate Turin, and this didn't make much of a difference. But it was still a damn godd story. I love it!

~Lil
Stephantom chapter 1 . 5/6/2002
Poor Faramir. And poor Denethor too. This is really good. I love the way you set it up as a tale in hte red book, very clever. This offers a lot of great insight into Denethor's mind. Poor guy had a whole lot to deal with, guess he lost everything in the end... I wonder what it would have been like if he had held on a while longer? ...most likely it would have just led to conflict with Aragorn and as bad as I feel for Denethor I love Aragorn much more and I'd feel horrible if he never became king and married Arwen! lol. I think I've gone off an a tangent here, sorry. Great story!
Furius chapter 1 . 4/7/2002
This is so sad. At last, someone who does Denethor justice I think. But just one thing, Finduilas died when Faramir's about 5 so unless he was a child murderer(God forbid) or there had been some serious mishap I don't see how he could have caused her death.
Archet chapter 1 . 3/13/2002
I think this is the first fic I've seen featuring Denethor, and a very lovely one at that. I usually only read Boromir stories and am glad I took a look at this very telling glimpse into Boromir's father. I like the beginning touch of Denethor's story being in his own words, discovered long after his passing.

One certainly can understand Denethor's despair, and here we can see it in his reaction to Faramir's report of Boromir's death, and the Steward's gratefulness toward those who had looked after his son's body. And too at the end where he tells of uniting with his second son in death as they did not in life.

He sees his city as fallen, his sons gone. One can't help but feel for the stern, formidable Steward of Gondor.

Thanks for sharing!
Brin chapter 1 . 3/13/2002
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiinteresting... _
Cath Sith chapter 1 . 3/13/2002
That was... wow. My favourite part from the books, rendered so... masterfully. I am just lost for words.