Reviews for Before We Come Undone
alexindigo chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
Beautifully written and expressed. I tend to shy away from any fics that deal with 6x09 or any of early S6 tbh but I'm currently re-reading your series of drabbles and I remembered that I read this story previously but never reviewed so decided to rectify that.

You're excellent at explaining Booth's POV and you've managed to make me feel sympathetic towards him in this scene, which is really saying something since most days I want to throw him off a cliff. :P I especially loved how the last bits, where he expected to be vindicated but instead only ends up feeling more pain and regret for his choices. Because really that's what led them there isn't it? HIS choices. HE drew the line. HE said it and took it back. HE pushed her for fifty years never indicating anything other thn partnership beforehand. HE told her tht he needed to move on five seconds after said declaration. HE did move on. HE fell in love with, moved in with and proposed to another woman. It's fairly rich that he wants to feel vindicated when all Brennan has done was follow his lead, being the heart guy and all. I really hated how the writers had her be such a doormat in S6, like some sort of punishment for saying no when his actions proved her point.

Sigh, I'm trying to get on board with the current season with B&B and baby but safe for a few moments here and there, it has been disappointing. The writing is off and the chemistry seems to be waning. Thank goodness for ff and writers like you.

Thank you for sharing and for reading my review/rant. )
nattylovesjordy chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
When I initially watched this episode, and specifically that scene (I was really tired and confused the whole rest of the episode up until that point, really) it was so emotional that I was all choked up. I remember watching the infamous 100th episode and repeating over and over again, "She said no!" And when Hannah came into the picture, there were strings of rude words towards Booth and Hannah. Season 6 was this great big emotional roller-coaster for me and this was one of the biggest plunges.

That having been said, you just made that scene even more emotionally stunning. I was able to sorta see into his mind in that scene, but the depth of which you did, even in a small amount of words, just took that scene to the next level for me.

I usually can find one or two lines in a story that I just LOVE, but in this one, I can't. I liked so many!

That was amazing. Just... wow.

Thanks SO much. :)
marple chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
You wrote a nice fic. It might be as the show has intended us to interpret Booths thoughts too.

With that i think he is not being a good guy, if hes having such thoughts and feeling toward another woman than hes commited to.

With the show taking this turn it has broken all hope of there ever going to be a B/B. He has made his choice.

Thanks for sharing.
boneskittie chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
Very beautiful and sad. This is one of my favorite takes on this episode.
nikatsu chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
Good Gosh. Thanks alot for making me cry. Again. ;~;
luckywynner86 chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
Mega heartcrushingly beautiful!
Topsy chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
I loved this! I wanted to know what was going through his head so badly and this works for me perfectly. So thanks! :)
partsandpieces chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
Thank you so much for letting us inside Booth's head during this bit. You have fleshed out the thoughts that were written on his face, and I love this about your writing. You always get to the emotional thoughts that are never spoken aloud. Hugs from me!
Aching Bones chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
Hi there,

Only question I have there at the end and I had it in the episode as well is 'why does he think he can not have what he really wants'?...Did she come across as not meaning what she said or that she would change her mind? Did she come across as not really being in a rational mind at the time or in the last few days? What was it exactly that made him think that she 'couldn't let him in'...'that she could not be the person to love him first and last'...'that they could exist together outside his dreams'...

I think, for the moment, he being an honourable guy and with Hannah turned her down...He has tried to move on with Hannah and he is still trying...But, knowing how she feels now about him is going to eat away at what he thinks he has right now...Give it time, just a little more time...

Ger
SouthunLady chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
Oh, please, you can't leave it here. You have to have Booth realize he can't move on from Brennan. He needs to really feel that.
acciosilverdoe chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
This was perfect. And heartcrushing, just like the episode was. I loved this line especially - "Star-crossed doesn't begin to cover it."

Great job :)
Alicat76 chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
Heart-crushing, totally heart-crushing :( But what he wants isn't impossible to get... it's just going to take time and patience. Now he knows... now he really knows how she feels it's going to be impossible for him to forget it. Your writing is so beautiful x
MoonlightGardenias chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
This was so sad but I think you captured Booth's thoughts during the episode perfectly. Of course there is a part of him that loves her, but he moved on as he said he would, and now what's he supposed to do?

Great job!
Habita chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
Absolutely love it! :-)

Thanks a lot for sharing!
daffodil7511 chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
Very good one-shot. Nicely done, from Booth's POV.