Reviews for Diary of a School Trip to Minas Tirith
Queen Umbugartus chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
I love this.
Jim Kolient chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
It's so unbelievable to imagine a time when High Lady Elizabeth was only a student...
IstariPip chapter 1 . 6/15/2013
SO COOL!
Fascinating idea! I mean, it makes sense. Tolkien wrote of Middle Earth as if it was from ancient Norse mythology. I especially enjoy the references to Faramir and Eowyn, Beren and Luthien, and Bard the Bowman!
Hannon-le!
archeress of silverbow chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
I really loved this, it's a fantastic idea

Well written too

Archeress

PS would you mind if I did one similar on the North of Middle Earth and one on Rohan and Dol Amroth, not together :) unless you're going to do them
PhoenixWormwood137 chapter 1 . 11/24/2011
LOL! That was brilliant! Wonderfully done :D
Faerthurin chapter 1 . 10/25/2011
This is so funny! To see it all as legend, half-known and little-believed! It's weird to see what got changed by time - a necklace thrown into the volcano, eh?

Great work.

Faerthurin

P.S. I read your happy day for Turin too, and just went "Awwwwww!" :) Also great work. Thank you for writing.
zoe alice chapter 1 . 9/2/2011
Stupid highschooler. I loved it. :P :)
Guest chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
Brilliant! That is fantastic!

Eldonyx chapter 1 . 2/27/2008
It's so good! Very interesting to see the Middle Earth that way. At the same time, I find it a bit sad. It shows how much people forget about their history as time passes.

The teacher's ancestor was Bilbo, wasn't it?
Kayden Eidyak chapter 1 . 7/31/2005
Stupid thing won't let me log in. And I was here to read your first chapter of Blood of a Pirate, but as you said, it wasn't there. Decided to read this instead as it looked quite interesting. Sad though, actually. I mean, here we sit fantisizing over the world of Lord of the Rings, wishing it could have been real and here's this girl who really does live in a modern day version of that world and she doesn't even believe in it's past. Poo. But, it was good just the same. It was fun hearing about places and people from a somewhat different perspective. :) 'Kay. Will just read your new chapter somewhere else then.
animefreak2015 chapter 1 . 8/10/2004
Engaging.

Really appreciated the "history"/"legend" aspects.
fuck off already chapter 1 . 8/7/2004
LOL, very cute. Reminds me somewhat of my own school trips.
Erinya chapter 1 . 9/29/2003
Hehe. Very fun. And I like the idea that even in Middle Earth, history fades to legend...it's interesting to think that all the things Beth dismisses as myth are events that we "know" actually happened in her world. But there's a sense of sadness, too, that Middle Earth has lost its magic.
Meg Thornton chapter 1 . 8/24/2003
This is very well written. I'd give it good marks if I was teaching Beth, and I'll definitely give it good marks even now.

It's a good look at the way that history is taught, and at how history becomes legend, and legend becomes myth. I particularly like Beth's reflection on Andúril in the case -

"It was Elessar’s sword and he actually used it in battles. Now it’s stuck in a case forever, which is kind of sad"

I really enjoyed it, because Beth's attitude to a lot of the history reminds me a lot of my own. Being Australian means that I come from a relatively "young" culture, with roots in a much older one. It's sort of weird going from a place where most of the houses are younger than I am, to a place which was old when my grandparents left it - there's just this sense of absolute history.

Thanks for writing this. I'll recommend it on to others.
Klose chapter 1 . 1/31/2003
That was different! And interesting! Anybody who needs a location description should be directed to this story! :)

"...(receding, that’s a good word. Though it describes my Dad’s hair better than the fact the Mountain’s getting smaller …) "

Hehe, it certainly decribes my own father's hair. ;)

I also liked the note at the end... by 'G. Barder', since Bard is one of my favourite characters from the Hobbit.

Anyway, original story, very well written!