Reviews for The Princess's Detective
RionaEire chapter 7 . 4/27/2014
I have loved A Little Princess since I was a little girl of 10 and this story was fun, it worked surprisingly well, though extra charactors can make things cumbersome, the brief mention of Carisford etc. The thing I'd want to change is to have more more more of Ram Dass, I'm very in love with him you know, I suppose in a way I have been since I was too young to know it really, but I certainly know it now and he is is so much my favorite character in the story, though of course I enjoy Sarah and the others too. I've read this book twice as an adult, once in college and once recently and both times I've marveled at the bits of this story and its philosophies which have affected my thinking and life over the years, perhaps moreso now than ever.
Riona
Anonymous chapter 7 . 5/17/2013
SIGH what a great ending. I love it so much and thank you so so much for writing this. It's genius!
Anonymous chapter 3 . 5/17/2013
So I'm up to chapter 3 now and I've only found this fic and am really interested in it. I love it so far and it ties up quite nicely, time-wise and plot-wise :) Great job!
Mary West chapter 7 . 11/16/2012
*sniffle* Very sweet, and very likely. A rather nice adaptation.
Mary West chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
Damn those British and their damned reticence, or they all would have SAID WHAT THEY THOUGHT and SOLVED EVERYTHING! Mind you, then I wouldn't have any more story to read!
thetravelinglemon chapter 7 . 11/6/2012
This is really good - I love both stories, so to see a mix, especially with Holmes adopting Sara, was really lovely :) Well written and very in character for all of them. This is one of those stories that I really wouldn't mind if it were canon!
Pearl Bramble of Willowbottom chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
I just read your story and loved it! The idea to crossover Sherlock Holmes and A Little Princess was sheer genius! I look forward to reading more of your work.
Terahlyanwe chapter 7 . 10/8/2012
Fascinating! I find that substituting Sherlock for Carmichael in the story has only made it more entertaining as a diversion. You may want to work on your style of archaic writing though; I found it stilted and nonfluid but it wasn't enough to make the entire story unenjoyable.
xComeAlongPond chapter 7 . 1/3/2012
What a beautiful story! Sherlock Holmes and A Little Princess are two of my very favorite books, and the crossover was perfect! The details...well, the story was so good that those were forgiven, [though I really don't know enough about them to tell you otherwise]. Thank you so much!

Aeralinde
ferryboat George chapter 7 . 6/11/2011
Very interesting idea, I enjoyed reading it.
Dickensian812 chapter 3 . 1/14/2011
This is a lovely idea and a great read! Fun to think of Holmes coming to enjoy the company of children - "in small doses." :-)
House Calls chapter 7 . 12/27/2010
What a delightful tale! Very well done! :)
rabidsamfan chapter 5 . 12/27/2010
I hope you've got the happy ending planned! Nice crossover.
Deduced chapter 2 . 12/24/2010
Now I really, really want to watch A Little Princess again. My childhood has recently developed this habit of suddenly tackleglomping me without warning. It's amazing how wonderfully these stories gel, I am SO looking forward to more!
InsanityAllowance chapter 2 . 12/15/2010
Inaccuracies forgiven. ;) Whether it's 100% accurate or not, it makes enough sense in context to be a good read.

Still enjoying where you're going with this. It's also inspired me to add A Little Princess to the set of books I'm taking away with me over Christmas. Been too long since I re-read it.