Reviews for The Princess's Detective
Anonymous chapter 7 . 5/17/2013
SIGH what a great ending. I love it so much and thank you so so much for writing this. It's genius!
Anonymous chapter 3 . 5/17/2013
So I'm up to chapter 3 now and I've only found this fic and am really interested in it. I love it so far and it ties up quite nicely, time-wise and plot-wise :) Great job!
Mary West chapter 7 . 11/16/2012
*sniffle* Very sweet, and very likely. A rather nice adaptation.
Mary West chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
Damn those British and their damned reticence, or they all would have SAID WHAT THEY THOUGHT and SOLVED EVERYTHING! Mind you, then I wouldn't have any more story to read!
thetravelinglemon chapter 7 . 11/6/2012
This is really good - I love both stories, so to see a mix, especially with Holmes adopting Sara, was really lovely :) Well written and very in character for all of them. This is one of those stories that I really wouldn't mind if it were canon!
Pearl Bramble of Willowbottom chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
I just read your story and loved it! The idea to crossover Sherlock Holmes and A Little Princess was sheer genius! I look forward to reading more of your work.
Terahlyanwe chapter 7 . 10/8/2012
Fascinating! I find that substituting Sherlock for Carmichael in the story has only made it more entertaining as a diversion. You may want to work on your style of archaic writing though; I found it stilted and nonfluid but it wasn't enough to make the entire story unenjoyable.
xComeAlongPond chapter 7 . 1/3/2012
What a beautiful story! Sherlock Holmes and A Little Princess are two of my very favorite books, and the crossover was perfect! The details...well, the story was so good that those were forgiven, [though I really don't know enough about them to tell you otherwise]. Thank you so much!

Aeralinde
ferryboat George chapter 7 . 6/11/2011
Very interesting idea, I enjoyed reading it.
Dickensian812 chapter 3 . 1/14/2011
This is a lovely idea and a great read! Fun to think of Holmes coming to enjoy the company of children - "in small doses." :-)
House Calls chapter 7 . 12/27/2010
What a delightful tale! Very well done! :)
rabidsamfan chapter 5 . 12/27/2010
I hope you've got the happy ending planned! Nice crossover.
Deduced chapter 2 . 12/24/2010
Now I really, really want to watch A Little Princess again. My childhood has recently developed this habit of suddenly tackleglomping me without warning. It's amazing how wonderfully these stories gel, I am SO looking forward to more!
InsanityAllowance chapter 2 . 12/15/2010
Inaccuracies forgiven. ;) Whether it's 100% accurate or not, it makes enough sense in context to be a good read.

Still enjoying where you're going with this. It's also inspired me to add A Little Princess to the set of books I'm taking away with me over Christmas. Been too long since I re-read it.
House Calls chapter 2 . 12/15/2010
In my opinion, you're providing enough detail re: meningitis to keep the story moving, but not so much as to make it seem implausible. If that makes any sense. ;-)

Anyhow, I'm really enjoying this story, and I don't know the "Little Princess" end of it at all. Good pacing, dialog, and characterizations. Looking forward to more!