Reviews for The Princess's Detective
InsanityAllowance chapter 2 . 12/15/2010
Inaccuracies forgiven. ;) Whether it's 100% accurate or not, it makes enough sense in context to be a good read.

Still enjoying where you're going with this. It's also inspired me to add A Little Princess to the set of books I'm taking away with me over Christmas. Been too long since I re-read it.
House Calls chapter 2 . 12/15/2010
In my opinion, you're providing enough detail re: meningitis to keep the story moving, but not so much as to make it seem implausible. If that makes any sense. ;-)

Anyhow, I'm really enjoying this story, and I don't know the "Little Princess" end of it at all. Good pacing, dialog, and characterizations. Looking forward to more!
House Calls chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
Okay, I'm intrigued! And I find the meningitis storyline very interesting, as my dad had that a year ago. Scary stuff, even with today's medical advances.
Pickwick12 chapter 2 . 12/14/2010
Aww, poor Holmes, taking on that kind of responsibility for people.
InsanityAllowance chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
Oooh! This looks extremely promising. A Little Princess was one of my favourite books as a child (inherited from Mum along with The Secret Garden) and I like the changes you've made to both the stories to weave them together even in this first chapter. Will it be all in Watson's point of view, in traditional Holmsian style?
Pickwick12 chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
I love this! You've got the characters absolutely spot-on.
21 | « Prev Page 1 2