Reviews for Epitaph
hey an update!

Great work with this.

~Dragondancer
varsaigen chapter 4 . 8/11/2011
I wish I could read more stories like this. It was so well done. I particularily enjoyed the section about his burdens and the soothing effect both the Milotic and the bells have.

I want one...

But really, I could feel the effect of the hallway and the Milotic and bell as if I were there. And I found great amuzement in the fact that it was hard for them to hypnotize Amoscander, despite how easily broken he was, in his own opinion.
TheTacticianAlchemist chapter 4 . 8/11/2011
Good to see that you're updating again :D It's nice to wake up and see a good Pokemon story in your inbox. I'm very intrigued by Collin; Milotics are so beautiful, but scarred and blinded... I don't quite understand how he must get around, but I'm guessing his antennae. I hope those Soothe Bells help Amos.
Steben chapter 3 . 12/21/2010
Shame...Shame...are people so inconsiderate that they give the frequent garbage writers attention, but skip over writing anything for this fic? C'mon!

...it never really hit me how bad I am at sensitivity reviews, gonna have to work on that.

This review originally wouldn't taken up a good page, but I'll condense it a tad. I found myself to be uninterested in the first two chapters, and it wasn't until I began reading the third that I figured out why:

Nearly everything in these two chapters was already mentioned in your other fic.

In the prologue, we already know Amos takes new recruits on survival hikes. So there isn't much for new information here.

In the first chapter, we get some more information about Amos's childhood. Unfortunately a bundle of Childhood information was already crammed into a few paragraphs in your other fic. As a suggestion I would have to suggest either getting rid of this chapter, or taking a huge scissors to Amoscandar's life story in your other fic. That way this information will be fresh for new readers.

To be honest I found myself having very little interest in Amoscandar's childhood. Maybe because it doesn't really pertain to the master or Ambera.

If the third chapter is completely your doing, then I am stunned by the chapter. Capturing Amoscandar by holding him in a dark, sealed off room, as well as the interrogation, seems VERY MUCH like something the gold division would do. This little detail really seemed to expand the world of Ambera, and I applaud you for that.

If you are having trouble figuring out which direction to take the story, there is one unanswered question that has bugged me:

What made Amoscandar leave the Gold Division? Team Faith disbanded shortly after he left, what happened? Did Amos team suffer a major defeat? Did someone betray him?

Some other random thoughts:

A victory in one's eye could be a defeat in another's view, enemies aren't always tangible. Was it a mission that drove the team apart?

I was just throwing together a few ideas if you are stuck, hopefully we may see something in the future that will shed some light on this.