Reviews for Blood is Thicker than Water
pandorablueskies chapter 1 . 1/19
Color me impressed! So what is factor V Leiden treated with? Thanks for the unusual story-genetic disorders are fascinating from a medical standpoint, but truly suck for the person involved. Good story!
coloradoandcolorado1 chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
A good friend of mine had a PE when she was grocery shopping, but somehow managed to get home and call someone to take her to the hospital. It was very scary times, but she has since gone on to recover, get married, and have two little boys.
Nikki chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
Reading this, I remembered by father's experience with DVT, caused by riding the bus to and from work and sitting at a desk most of the day. He was lucky to avoid a PE, since he went a week between the onset of the clot and going to the doctor.
pokemon fan12 chapter 1 . 3/17/2011
i like that you use a glossary
Kelmin chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
Enjoyable read. I don't think Johnny would handle a chronic condition too well, though it's one of those things you don't know how you'll handle until you have to.
jmss7 chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
One of my best friends has a genetic coagulation disorder - very rare, and extremely painful - the only way she can function is with coumadin and morphine daily. She's had several small strokes even though she's very young. She's been on disability since her diagnosis, but she does whatever she can when she feels well. Because she looks great and is very involved in her community and with hobbies, no one would know the constant agony she suffers, unless they saw her in one of her severe attacks. She is one of my heroes. I treasure any time I have with her, because we don't know what tomorrow may bring. Good luck to you with your disorder.
Home school mom chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
Thanks for this story. My son is studying genotypes right now and this is a great story to see how "John" may have picked up this genetic disorder. Keep up the good work.
kathey'ssis chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
I've read this one before and it was just as good the second time

being medicaly retired from something i once enjoyed I think if i had a second warning I might have been tempeted to look the other way too.