Reviews for It's a Wonderful Life, Doctor
Book girl fan chapter 2 . 11/27/2012
I'd really like to see a continuation for this, though I could be holding out for nothing. Maybe my review will inspir you to write again? *puppy dog eyes*
Forever Day chapter 2 . 6/10/2011
I love this. Really love. I love Watson, I love your Watson and simply cannot wait for the next installment.

The format itself would probably make more sense had I seen IAWL (sometimes it felt a little jumpy, but nothing too trying) but for the time being I'm imagining it as an inversed Christmas Carol. Another little thing is- how is the angel going over his life helping him? Is this just the intro, or will there be a sentence at the end saying 'And John Watson was shown the difference his life made and [wordswordswords] happy ending'? I'm quietly hoping it's the former (Can't you just SEE the man going 'Oh, it 'twas nothing, what any man would've done, oh and old Bob Travis, well I wouldn't have slept again if I hadn't stopped those dogs from ripping him to pieces and personal danger is a trifling matter in comparision to the mauling of a dear total stranger)

Ahem. As I said, really enjoying it, and I'm sorry I couldn't give you more CC.

(Also, after reading your profile I'd just like to say hey to a fellow homeschooler. Really, you've graduated now, but it's always a nice feeling, for me at least, to know that there are others who have actually *gasp* become literate without conventional school and may even upon occasion count all the way to ten. *Rolls eyes* Just a little stigma here)
MuseOfOrpheus chapter 2 . 3/20/2011
This sounds really interesting so far! The idea is totally original. I would be delighted to hear more. It looks like you haven't updated in a while, and I completely understand, but this is a really good story, and I just can't wait to hear more of it!
M. Harper chapter 2 . 2/5/2011
Whats this i see? An update!

Yes, a long time it has been, but worth the wait :) Great chapter. You're incorporating the original 'Wonderful Life' dialogue/premise very well, can't wait to see more.

maybe not such a long gap this time, hmm? (I kid I kid, take your time :) )

-matt
Historian1912 chapter 2 . 2/5/2011
Very long time, no see. Sorry I dropped off the face of the earth. I was trying to get my biology grade from a 40 to an 80. Its at 70 now. Translation: school is trying to kill me. I put you on my author alert. Bad move on my part. Never put a prolific writer on author alert when you are going to be off the computer for a long time. My email box was flooded. You really have been busy. I've got a lot to catch up on. This new story is really cool, if slightly.

One question. Corps GONE? I'm no expert of the Second Afghan War, but a corps in anywhere from 20,000 to 40,000 men, depending on the army and the situation. The loss of a corps in an expeditionary role would have been a disaister to rival Waterloo. I'm going to have to research that war.

As for your other stories, no one is going to kill you. We'd be depriving the world of a great storyteller. We might cause a riot though. Word of advice: update!

God bless,

Historian1912
reflekshun chapter 2 . 2/4/2011
Wonderful, dear! A wait, however long, would be a small price to pay to hear the rest of your tale. Thank you for sharing!
machi-tan chapter 2 . 2/4/2011
Aw such a great chapter I really cant wait to see what will haopen and what a life without John Watson will look like-probably awful and Sherlock and everyone are dead and lonely and puppies get kicked :(

But I also want to see whats so tragic that Watson would even think about taking his life

please ignore your other fics and update soon
nomdeplume30 chapter 2 . 2/3/2011
Yay! An update! I was so excited to see the alert in my inbox. :)

I enjoyed this a lot at the beginning, but it got sadder as it went on. I loved his exuberance at the beginning, it made me smile, and it was so sad to see it go because of life's hard knocks. Poor fellow. The whole install was well done and I can't wait for more. I always love to read about the first meeting between Watson and Holmes and I'm looking forward to your version. :) I hope it's soon, but understand how life and other projects can get in the way. Happy writing!
insideouttuoedisni chapter 2 . 2/3/2011
Great job! I'm glad you finally updated this. Don't worry, I'm still reading! Anyway, I like this chapter much better than the last one. You're doing a great job integrating the two stories. Please don't let the wait be as long this time! I'm excited to see STUD especially. Well, I think I've written enough. Happy writings! :D
LuffyMarra chapter 2 . 2/3/2011
Great chapter. Looking forward to when you can update.
The Pearl Maiden chapter 2 . 2/3/2011
You're right. You do have some readers that have been waiting on your SW fics. For months. *Fingers Punjab lasso* But seeing as killing you would be illegal and immoral...*sigh* I need you alive to update it seems. Pity.

*ahem*

Anyways, great work! I loved how you integrated the storytelling with the flashback of Watson's life. It was tatsefully done. Brava! (I can't remember if I put this on my favs or not so...:)
nomdeplume30 chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
Fun idea! I hope that you adapt it a little more and don't stick quite so close to the movie plot. Hope you update soon!
reflekshun chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
This was a terrific start to a wonderful story. Thank you so much for sharing it. Have a wonderful holiday season.
LuffyMarra chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
I really like it so far! Please update soon.
Faithful Bozwell chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
A great job at the first part of this story! What a fantastic idea to use 'It's a Wonderful Life' as the model. Please do continue with this...I look forward to reading more.