Reviews for I Promise You
Devil 002- Chan chapter 1 . 3/19
I like it please update
jalna chapter 1 . 7/16/2015
I love your story. I always thought this story was strange,everybody loved her, was charmed by her. Her beauty, her charm, her mind, her elegance, the way shemade the world more fun but her husband. It was strange why did he hurt her so much, humiliate her . the duke seems a complex man, he choose her because he needed an heir but no matter what he choose her, it seems he didnt want to be involved in a relationship with her but he choose to had one with another woman not as young or beautiful that his wife. for me he was a leader used to be alone and with his mistress she was dependant of him because she had no money and had children to raise so he had the upper hand on her but with georgiana it was not the same. he didn't let himself be charmed by her and she could have loved him because he was handsome, very clever, proud of his name and doing things to stay wealthy, he was not a man bored with life who spend all his money on woman or horse. so I don't think charle grey was so good for her or the man of her life, he was just there when nobody seems to see the true herself, he fall in love with her completly like a lof of man around her but the difference was that he was not of the same background than her, he was no an aristocrat and we know georgiana is a rebel, she was invisible for her husband so she did something to hurt him like he hurt her and give him an adultery scandal. In fact i think it was to make him realize she was there. I think maybe he will have change and broke up with bess and be a real husband with her showing his passionate nature matching georgiona nature behind closed door, be her lover, her friend and her husband and they could have been happy because for me they were so much more behind his impassible face.
MSCOCO chapter 1 . 2/1/2015
i too felt they loved each other in the end, they took off the masks they wore.
Dionna LaRae chapter 1 . 12/7/2014
I love it. Wish that you would perhaps write more. I have been in the mood for romance today. Watched Memoirs of a Geisha, now been contemplating watching The Duchess. I never thought of anything more from this movie then that G had lost her love. But perhaps her husband could have turned a new leaf? It is nice to think of. Why is it all great love seems to be torchered? Another I love is Napoleon and Josephine: A love story.
terminatorluvr chapter 1 . 3/25/2014
Very sweet write one about Charles and georgiana
casey26334 chapter 1 . 2/13/2014
I reeeeaaaaalllyyy liked this- great job!
Hasegawa chapter 1 . 12/27/2013
Oh gosh this movie is the saddest thing ever and your fanfic just made it so touchingly beautiful. I need more, I need more. this is such a tragedy and romance mixed up in stupid politics and traditions. Lovely writing, thanks for sharing.
Beth chapter 1 . 5/27/2013
This is brilliant! You have captured the character's personas and thoughts so well, and you manage to show a whole other side to the Duke without him seeming too different. I absolutely love the ending, it's a sad/happy ending, although she still cannot be with Eliza and Charles, she has a happier life than before and it seems like William is trying to make her life better. I love it!
dracoqueen chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
I really enjoyed this story, I just wish it didn't end. I hated how the movie ended, I wish that the duke and dutchess really loved each other in the end.
JDLuvaSQEE chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
Aw! How sweet!
LeatherfaceBaby chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
Oh My God That was sooooo Beautiful! 3333

for once in his darn life living with her he was Nice! *o*

i faved this if only this could have happened in the film! 3
KareBear chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
This is well thought out story. I thoroughly enjoyed this written piece. I too believe that there was more to William's character. I don't think he really was the villian of the story. Rather, he was trying to do what any man would have done at that time.
jalna chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
it is very good, i loved this movie but always think , the duc didn't show what he feels for her, they was always something between them, she find him handsome at first and he a man can't not see she is beautiful, but also has charm who can make every fall in love with her. but he is a duc, he needs things like a heir, to be cold, to inspire respect and fear, it's his job and she was always testing him, making him feel feeling too violent, too passionate for a duc. he is wealthy, he had people he had to lead, she was too young to understand, that they has always more under the cover. with his mistress, he can be himself, he can be rude, he can be just a man, no repercussion and she is a true woman not a young girl who doesn't understand him. continue it's good, she can learn to love him, she had at first, continue please
suns and stars chapter 1 . 3/28/2011