Reviews for Harry Potter and the Sword of Gryffindor
CJTressler chapter 36 . 3/4
For all of the super, god-like Harry stories out there, it's good to read about a normal but wounded Harry adapting to his disability. Thank you for leading me to a genre of fanfiction I would never have dreamed of!
emthereble chapter 36 . 10/10/2016
Loved it, could not put it down!
Guest chapter 10 . 3/19/2016
Okay, I was with you until blind quiditch. That's beyond ridiculous, and just plain stupid.
ASL Anna chapter 36 . 11/27/2015
Wow. That was such a beautiful story! I loved it so much! I am currently devouring Blind!Harry fanfics. You story and the giulded knight? are the best so far. Love them both!
-Anna
Aura fighter chapter 10 . 10/27/2015
Lupin you just become even cooler than you already were
Aura fighter chapter 9 . 10/26/2015
YAY! Just like the Valley Center for the Blind
Aura fighter chapter 8 . 10/26/2015
Using the cane all the time is annoying it pretty much says "Hey look at me I have a eye disorder and can't walk by myself" I used to just use it during the night and cane trading p, but now cuz of my tunnel vision getting worse for four years I been using whenever I leave the house
Aura fighter chapter 5 . 10/26/2015
I fully understand since I myself have RP (Rhinits Pigmentosa) Color is Italy, no vision at not that bad noses that something as lights on or around it for my eyes to pick it up, and my tunnel vision is starting to come in more these days
HollowGraveyard chapter 30 . 6/19/2015
I've noticed Harry is stuttering quite often, always I-I-I...
HollowGraveyard chapter 23 . 6/19/2015
Ah I see, that stuff he got from Diagon alley lessens a potions potency and Harry will use it on the wolf'sbane potion ultimately making it weaker when really it needs to be stronger.
Lyrasloon chapter 11 . 5/3/2015
I've been reading the story so far and it seems really interesting. I have had a few blind/legally blind friends and so I can see the different points everyone is making. One of my friends in high school had a mobility teacher that told him she was tempted to beat him with his own walking stick if he didn't start using it. Lolz. I'm eager to see if Sirius is eventually going to become a "seeing eye" dog.
sunsethill chapter 1 . 10/3/2014
I've just found your stories. I adore blind!Harry stories and this first chapter is quite excellent. I will put it on my Kindle to savor, but that means you won't get reviews for each chapter. Sorry.
Svenion chapter 16 . 7/18/2014
So, not telling teachers that werewolves are in the shrieking shack and are planning to turn or possibly kill someone? Exactly how dumb are these three? I don't suppose you plan on killing them soon?
Leah chapter 36 . 2/23/2014
Just finished the novel. I thought that the overall conflict/plot in the novel could have been improved with more careful descriptions (i.e.: Harry runs through the corridors, down the stairs, out to the Whomping Willow, and sees that Sirius is not there, all in one or two sentences - it feels like a summary more than an action scene)
But the parts about Harry's blindness were raw and beautiful. I have never before read a novel told from the perspective of a character who goes blind - not congenitally blind, but someone who has known all the colors of the rainbow, and somehow endures as the world vanishes before his/her eyes. I loved how you saved the sentimentality for the later parts of the novel - I was almost in tears as I read about that scene in the Astronomy tower, where Harry realizes that everything that was so easy before, now requires such painstaking focus for every minute of his life. The Quidditch scenes, the Potions scenes - oh my goodness. I never cease to be astounded by the quiet, enduring bravery of those souls who walk the paths of blindness, after knowing what it is like to see.
Thank you SO much. You have inspired me.

Leah
Leah chapter 24 . 2/23/2014
That was an absolutely breathtaking finish to the chapter, told with the air of someone who has lived through the same challenges as the protagonist, and triumphed! Thank you for this priceless gift.

Leah