Reviews for Christmas Time
DorianGray91 chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
Amazing insight into the mind of somebody who obviously thinks themselves above humanity and is in fact just treated like a loner. And from your stories about Crane's time at school it's actually really sad, that he is still thought of as the resident loser. I sort of wish that he'd been a more sympathetic character in the films, but there was no time for fleshing him out, it being a film about Batman and all...
V chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
Just Wow...this ff caught the essence of Scarecrow marvelously, for real.
twitterversecrazies chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
3 !
m.michele chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
I don't know why I expected Crane to have some kind of Grinch-like change of heart, but I'm glad he didn't. He probably would kick me if he knew, but I was the one feeling pity for him at the end of the story.
Zeny chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
I love how you write Jonathan?Scarecrow! Seriously, they should've put some of your scenes in the movie. Awesome job!
That70schick09 chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
Wow that was sooo awesome, I just love how in character he is! So sadistic, it just makes me smile :D haha
KrnYong chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
I actually thought "NOOO THE SNOWGLOBE!" when he smashed it XD

I'm reading through your stories (in a completely non-stalker way lol) and I'm really coming to love your portayal of Crane/Scarecrow.
rowellylovesgryffindor chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
Oooo I like this, just how I imagine Crane would react
Lorien Urbani chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
Oh, my, Crane does not like Christmas at all. He's worse than Grinch and Scrooge combined.:)

But the joke aside, I'm glad you wrote this piece because I've been wondering myself how he'd feel about Christmas. I think you did a great job at showing that.

He really is cold and arrogant, and dark. Christmas is such a happy holiday and it doesn't touch him AT ALL. It irritates him at best. I think he doesn't take offense in the holiday itself, but in the people who celebrate it, the way they celebrate it.

I really like the inclusion of Dr. Leland. I think it was nice of her to remember Jonathan, too. I suppose she really thinks well of him, but of course he saw it as pity. I'm really sorry for Joan. She's insulted him, although not on purpose, and no one insults Crane with impunity. I'm quite sad he'll make her fall.

I think the snow globe was a perfect gift because when it shattered, my first thought was how symbolic that was - he could see a tiny version of Gotham in ruins, just what he wants, and he thought of it himself at the end of the story. Great gift and great reaction of Crane's part.

The ending is quite ominous, it offers no relief. Creepy! I think the title "The Nightmare Before Christmas" just got a new meaning.:)

Another great one-shot. Another great portrayal of Crane, very genuine, faithful to the character.
AZ-woodbomb chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
Heh, he really doesn’t get the spirit of Christmas, does he?

This is pretty fun. I like the weirdness of the whole happy party in that dreary place. And his barely contained loathing of his colleagues and the temptation of the mask. Very good.
sasha-anna chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
Great story! As in all the stories you write Crane is so definitely in character... wow! I cannot wait until you finally write/post a multiple chapter story with your OC! Please do not let us wait too long - you're awesome!
The Illegible chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
;_; Poor Joan. Poor, poor Joan.

Wonderfully written as always! I really enjoyed the dissonance between the Christmas party and the fact that it's being held in a corrupt, incompetent insane asylum. :) Merry Christmas to you too if ya celebrate!
rubywonderland chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
I loved it!

I've read your stories before, and I love your portrayal of Crane! :)

(btw, I'm genevievemae on Tumblr. Hi!)