Reviews for Nothing Was the Same
42Nico chapter 1 . 1/3
BEAUTIFUL. Beautifully done. Bittersweet and just perfect.
Fabi-Chan chapter 1 . 12/3/2013
I don't regret looking up ToP Fanfiction after so long. This was so bittersweet, but it was also conforting to know that Chester is slowly picking up his pieces.

Thank you for writing this!
Sylvan Moon chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
I don't know what came over me but I suddenly felt like searching Tales of Phantasia fanfics even though I've finished the game years and years ago. It's one of my all time favorites and I never forgot the characters.

Poor Chester. To be honest, when I got him back in the game after the separation, I felt so sorry for him because he was so goddamn weak that I dedicated all my time to getting him to level 99 like all the others. Lol! I killed Dhaos with him in the party in my second (or was it 3rd) play through way back when.

Although I love Cless and Mint as a couple, I thought Arche and Chester made a more fun pair. Cless and Mint are too serious! And I find Arche hilarious. So I was really sad that Ches and Arche had to separate. In my own mind, I feel that somehow, some way, they found each other again.
Marina Ka-Fai chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
That was amazing
amber chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
I just want to say that I really liked this "story." I've been a fan of Tales of Phantasia for around 4 years and it's my favorite game. You kept true to the story and the characters, even putting in a bit of your own insight. It was very well written and it really showed an honest appreciation for the game and its characters. I'm not really into fanfiction at all, but this was a pleasure to read. Thank you for your work and I hope you keep writing.
rivendellelve chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
Great story _
NortheasternWind chapter 1 . 1/24/2011
Aw, poor Chester... It does occur to me sometimes that some games take more time to take place than a lot of people like to say. And in Phantasia, the fact that Chess stayed behind for half the game tends to be overlooked, even though his weakness compared to the others is a much-explored point.

Again with lols over Cress unintentionally being a chick magnet. And Mint. And Suzu. And Arche being a bit of a dick, and Chester being a dick back, and unhappiness all around. I do like the bit about Suzu and Chester being 'wasn't there' comrades.

And of course, Arche. Not much to say there that isn't already understood.

I love the last paragraph. Love.

The only errors I can find are that 'loose' is used for 'lose,' and 'Eternal Sword' remains uncapitalized, both of which may be excusable if they were intentional. (Hey, 'eternal sword' is a valid noun, LOL.) A job well done!

...Also, it is nice to see someone else who uses English names, though sheer habit has me referring to our summoner as 'Klarth.' LOL.
macpa chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
Wow, nicely done! I felt the emotions in this story and it left me staring into space thinking 'Of course! anyone, even he could feel something like that, duh..' I didn't expect that he might have take a liking to Mint though but it fits the story. How he describe everyone is really accurate. There's an error in the first paragraph though, but the whole story covered it up.

A great fic and hope you write more! thanks for posting it up! 3