Reviews for The Backlash
Estel la Rodeuse chapter 14 . 9/30/2013
There aren't many Big Love fanfictions but yours was perfect.
Now that we know who got shot in the end, I thought your story was a good alternative. You managed to portray the characters quite well and gave justice to them. Thank you for sharing!
WiccanWoman chapter 1 . 8/31/2013
I only just today realized you'd finished your work. Thank you for that. The last time I'd looked, you were only at chapter 3, and I wondered if there was more. It's very good.

I wish you'd write an Epilogue, and tell us about the folks who stole Nell, why they did what they did and what became of them at the end... maybe the officer at the border crossing was a woman who saw Margie on TV...?

One bit of criticism, though... the word is "drawER" not "draw"... you know, those places inside dressers which hold your stuff. ;-)

Best wishes in your writing!
Marti chapter 14 . 10/6/2012
Thanks for an awesome story. Am so glad you bought Nell back! I'm also glad I came across the story as a whole- I don't think I could stand the wait between chapters that you mentioned . It's great to see good writers putting it out thee for others to share.
SheWritesInCursive chapter 14 . 1/6/2012
Heya.

Sorry I haven't reviewed the last few chapters but I have been reading avidly, I promise. School and real life drama got in the way so I'll try to make up for it now.

Am so glad you never abandoned this fic. I adored it - it was so well thought out and not rushed at all. I love how you never glossed over the emotional and physical pain the characters were feeling. It allowed us to relate and imagine so much better.

This is the only Big Love fanfic I have followed to the end and I am so glad I did. Your characterisation of all the characters but especially Wayne and Margie was amazing and I felt so in touch with them and their feelings.

I loved the ending and how the pain didn't just go away like if often does in other fanfics. You acknowledged it and showed that just because Nell is back doesn't make everything perfect again.

Again, I adored this fanfic. You are an incredible writer and I wish you all the best. Thank you for writing it :)

Leonie1988 chapter 13 . 12/9/2011
cool that you updates! good new chapter, keep it coming!
Leonie1988 chapter 11 . 5/22/2011
thanks for the update, keep the good work up ;)

and update :D
Leonie1988 chapter 10 . 4/14/2011
this is a great story! well done!
betheaz chapter 10 . 4/9/2011
As always, another great part of the story and I thank you.
SheWritesInCursive chapter 10 . 4/9/2011
Heya

Sorry, I honestly thougth I'd reviewed last chapter. I must have forgotten. Sorry.

What a great chapter! The bit with Margie looking through the house for Nell was so powerful... just... kinda speechless at the moment.

Hopefully her going to VSN works. Nice of Beverly to help, even if she didn't really want to. And I love how you're writing Aaron. He's so cute.

On a different note, did you enjoy the last Big Love episode? I didn't even realise it was the finale until that... bit. Just if anyone who hasn't seen the finale is reading. But I thought it ended well, with all the wives united.

Anywho, hope everything is going well for you at the moment and I'll talk to you soon. Thanks.

SheWritesInCursive chapter 8 . 3/4/2011
Yay. Another update *Happy dance*

Another great chapter. Especially love Wayne and Raymond, and am glad you delved deeper into what they [especially Wayne] is thinking. Glad that they kinda know who did it [unless you're planning on throwing a twist in...] and that Wayne feels better since talking to Margie.

You've managed to stay true to the characters personalities, which is sometimes really difficult to do, but you manage it wonderfully, even in the little moments, like the Sarah / Scott bit.

Anywho, thanks for the update and I'll talk to you again soon.

Kait.
betheaz chapter 7 . 2/23/2011
Just to repeat, this is truly brilliant writing...I sure hope the HBO writing team for Big Love get to see this creation.

You stay so attuned to the character's strengths and faults. Reading your story I am visualizing our Big Love actors delivering your lines, living your moments for each of them.

Please oh please keep writing, this or anything else.

How do I go about finding other writs by you on ? Reach me at ...thanks, gayle
betheaz chapter 1 . 2/21/2011
This writing is brilliant...I have read all 7 chapters and hope that the story line can be finished. Will there be further chapters posted?

(Also, just as an note, part of my professional life includes proof-reading and I saw a few minor typos...would you like to know about these?...I would be happy to help.)
SheWritesInCursive chapter 7 . 2/13/2011
Hey again.

Loved the POV of the different characters, especially Wayne. Just wanted to hug him. Poor kid. And the bit about the blood - very sad. Hopefully him and Raymond can find something in the videos.

Typical airports - always delayed just when you need them. At least he's got another way home now. Unless the plane crashes... you're not that mean are you? Lol.

Finished season 4 of Big Love the other day. Loved it. And now that I've seen the last episode I can say that this story fits in so well with the end of the season. All the characters are true to their show personalities and this is definitely the kind of storyline we need next season.

Thanks for writing. And Happy Valentines Day. :)

SheWritesInCursive chapter 6 . 2/2/2011
Hey again.

So Bill's finally found out. Have to admit that he's been annoying me a lot lately [in the show - not your fic]. He just seems so fixed on what he wants and doesn't seem to listen to anyone else [In my opinion anyway - you might not feel that way].

And I didn't want Ben and Margene in a relationship anyway, but I thought his crush on her was an interesting storyline. Still haven't decided if I like them together or not.

Assignment was for Senior Science... I'm in year twelve. Ended up finishing it [finally! Stayed up til four thirty in the morning]. Was nice to have a quick break to read and review your fic.

Went to watch Big Love yesterday and saw Margie. Sat there for a while going aren't you in the hospital? Took a while to remember that it was a fic. Lol.

Anyway, loved the chapter. Would be scary to find out your baby's been kidnapped and your wife's in hospital through the news. And can totally understand Nikki's frustration with him. Couldn't imagine going through that.

Hope you enjoy your new job! Thanks for sticking with the story, even if I'm the only one reading.

Thanks

SheWritesInCursive chapter 5 . 1/29/2011
Well this definitely makes a nice break from assignments! :)

So the plot thickens, hmmm. Very interesting.

Poor Margie, can totally see her wanting to help. And it's nice that Ben is the one there.

Am curious, did you like the whole Ben-having-a-crush-on-Margene storyline? Just wondering

And am slowly making my way through season 4... I think I'm on the third or fourth ep now. Anywho, I better get back to my assignment. Thanks for updating