Reviews for One Second Chance
Tom-Ato13 chapter 6 . 8/29/2012
You can skip the REPCONN quest. God I hate that quest so much, it's so long and tedious and annoying. I'm so glad I learned about Manny's computer having the info, allowing me to bypass the quest completely on subsequent playthroughs. If you want to write it out that's fine too, almost every fic on FNV has that quest in it, I just personally do not like it.

Your Courier is a mystery. Kind of obvious because you haven't given any details on her, hell, not even a physical description. Nothing wrong with that, the amnesiac Courier is a staple in these fics, even though I believe that technically the Courier never did get amnesia, as he/she can recall details of his/her past in various conversations. But you'd expect some sort of mental damage after a 9mm to the skull.

I like how you portray Boone. He feels very much like him, which a lot of authors usually cannot do, especially those who are planning a FCourier/Boone pairing. I believe you mentioned at the start that this was going to be the most likely pairing, with a bit of Vulpes on the side. I personally never liked seeing FCourier/Vulpes. I don't see what his appeal is. I just do not like him at all. Now as far as FCourier/Boone, I do like the pairing, but I like seeing a very complex and drawn out attempt at it. Like I don't want to see Boone getting all lovey-dovey with FCourier from the get-go, or even a few weeks down the line. He's a very disturbed man, who has seen and done things that will leave a man broken, Bitter Springs and the Carla thing specifically. I believe that 6 months to a year have passed since Carla was taken and Boone had to kill her, which would not be nearly enough time for him to want to even attempt to start a relationship with another woman. Now many stories like speeding up the romance, and that is fine, I accept it, I just do not feel like it would be something Boone would do so quickly.

So far I have enjoyed this story, and I cannot see anything worth mentioning in the flaws department. I hope you can continue this story, and I'll definitely be following.

I do have one question regarding the rest of the companions. Will you be bringing them along the way, or will you keep it solely ED-E and Boone?
Jessica chapter 6 . 8/29/2012
Oh..My...Goodness...THIS FANFICTION IS AWESOME!
Sir Starlll chapter 6 . 8/29/2012
Aaaaand we're back!
Kyrie 'Echo' Wade chapter 4 . 7/10/2012
Well here is a long ass review for you my friend.
First of all, I love the way you write and your format. You write in this very expressive style in where I can tell what kind of person the courier is without even reading any dialogue. Second of all, your humor is very enjoyable. It's very easily related becaus I feel like this is how I would react of I were ever set in this situation of a wasteland place destroyed by bombs.
In other words, this story is very well done and you've fleshed out the characters rather nicely even though you only five chapters. I feel as if this story will immensely well if it gets some more traction and updating often will help that.
So yes, please continue this, do not abandon this story like I've seen other great fanfiction writers do to a great story and I will continue to read.
Hurry up and update!
Guest chapter 4 . 7/10/2012
Well here is a long ass review for you my fr
Marskatr chapter 5 . 10/1/2011
*will wait patiently in hope of an update* My issue is that I'm just on a New Vegas binge right now. With pairings.. _ Guh. It'll pass, I'm sure it'll pass... sometime...
Marskatr chapter 2 . 10/1/2011
"/Aliens./" I love No-Bark. He's one of my favorite minor characters in the game, because he spouts nonsense. And he's crazy. :D
Random Commenter chapter 5 . 6/20/2011
I stumbled upon this story and really enjoyed it. Fingers crossed that you'll update sooner rather than later
PervyMonk chapter 2 . 5/19/2011
Oh man, No-Bark. You are the best.

I really liked the interaction between Boone and your Courier. He came off as really IC. I'm enjying your writing style so far! You definitely have some witty one-liners, nd I'm always a fan of those. :D
Lucidique chapter 5 . 5/10/2011
I just keep going on and on about the way you portray Boone, but let me tell you now that I really love your Courier too. She has so much personality, and we still don't even know that much about her. I'd love to hear something like a backstory, maybe when she becomes closer to Boone? Heart to hearts are always great. XD Unless it's your intent to keep her kinda "blank". (And please don't mistake that for me saying your courier isn't well-rounded, 'cause she is!)

Now, let's get back to Boone. lol... I'm glad you wrote a sort of confrontation between him and Manny. I really wanted that in the game. Can't always get what ya want, huh? ( But you pulled it off like a pro.

My reviews are so terrible. I haven't given you any concrit at all. But, honestly, I really don't see anything you could improve on. It's an amazing story and I really hope you decide to pick it back up soon!
Lucidique chapter 4 . 5/10/2011
I almost reviewed this chapter when I did the first two, and all because of the little bit you wrote with Jeannie May right before she died. Oh my goodness, my stomach got fluttery and then it just dropped. It was SO perfect. I cannot stress that enough.

I also really love your Boone. He's so in character and just all-around perfect. It makes me want to IMPLORE you to continue this story, just so I can kinda relive the game with your version of him. He's amazing. Boone was my boy in all my playthroughs, but there's only so much you can do with "all mine" and "can't run from me"... D
Lucidique chapter 3 . 5/10/2011
Your dialogue flows beautifully. I can hear the words spoken in my head so clearly.

And congrats, you have made me feel (slightly) guilty for writing a story that paints the Legion (or maybe just Vulpes, really) in a semi-good light. Buying and selling pregnant women just makes 'em seem kinda bad, doesn't it? XD

Everything is so well written. I love how much you fleshed out this piece of the game.
Lucidique chapter 2 . 5/6/2011
I promise I'm not going to spam you with a flood of reviews for every single chapter I read, but... I am just loving this so far. Your courier is interesting and fun to read about. The convo with ED-E was adorable. And Boone. Oh my, Boone. You have the charisma of a cactus. But I love you still. Almost as much as I love this story.
Lucidique chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
Your Vulpes. Well, he's gorgeous. I loved how you made their initial conversation your own, instead of just reciting the in-game script. I actually think I liked yours better. I look forward to reading more!
The Space Bagel chapter 5 . 4/23/2011
Just read the story, I love it. It's more serious then the storys with all the 'fluff' in it. It's really cool,reminds me of when I went ALL the way around niption,acidentally through black mountion,scourpion gulch, then fell into the grand canyon. O.O ya let's just say when I finally got to Novac I wasn't the nicest person,so I went back to niption with the nightkins minigun and killed all of the god dang legion XD with Boone of corse XD