Reviews for Plausible Deniability
Deana chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
Perfect! I loved this explanation!
Alamo Girl chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
It was brilliant, wasn't it? So much awesome packed into 42 minutes.

I was asking the same thing too "Where's Danno?" But I so very much love your explanation. And i think it's the most plausible answer to that question. Especially the way McGarrett said, "fine, I'll do time..." in the end. Of course, I was still enamored of his expression when he told Danno that he didn't tell the governor about the money, but still.

The designation was still clear - Mcgarrett would take full responisbility. And they way he was adamant about Danno appreciating the hours he cont to spend with Grace for Christmas just sealed the deal.

Gee, I think I really love that crazy Superman.

Just like I love this story. Your ability to pick up right after the episodes, and so quickly turn out great fic amazes me!
Max and Dakota chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
Nicely done! I can totally see protecting Danny!
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
That was really interesting. I didn't actually think of the fact that Danny had stayed behind. I just figured he needed to be there for Chin. But it makes sense. Really great story!
302pilot chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
"It means that Grace gets Christmas with her father, no matter what."

I melted. Right there. You gave us a very plausable reason for Danny's abscence-and a dimension to Steve that we all know is there but don't get to see nearly as much as we should.

Thank you-a million times thank you!

CB
akaStoryteller chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
I too wondered where Danny was during that last op. This missing scene fit the bill very nicely.
Keschte chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
Hi...great story. I completely agree that there was a big hole in the episode explaining what the heck happened to Danny. Maybe it was a deleted scene and some day when the DVD comes out we'll know what happened. In the meantime, I think you've captured what could have happened perfectly. I enjoyed reading it!
Ms.HellFire-ffacnt chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
McGarrett is a gutsy, ballsy, crazy S-O-B; but there certainly beats a real warm heart behind that steel ribcage of his.

Now that is what I call a real love of Brothers in Arms.
Sarie Venea chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
*sob* Oh, I want to squeeze them. Its so rare anymore to find a cast with the kind of crazy chemistry these guys have...Alex and Scott just CLICK as Steve and Danny and it like, melts me into a puddle every time I watch them. I LOVE YOU for writing this. Its the missing piece I didn't even realize was missing. I am in awe of your talent! :)
Synbou chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
To say that I love this piece is an understatement! Excellent explanation of Danny's absence. Excellent characterization and writing. An overall plausable scene.

Thank you for sharing!
SophieSaulie chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
WONDERFUL STORY! My utmost favorite Steve story! It was so believable and I wished that the episode had a scene like that, but even without one, I could picture EXACTLY what you wrote here. I LOVED Steve's principle and the fully formed partnership between him and Danny that makes his decision so honorable and once again, believable. Danny's reaction was equally BEAUTIFUL in the way that he admired Steve thinking of his life, his daughter's life and how a life without her father would be unthinkable, especially after Steve losing his own father. It was AWESOME! It's so nice to read that comradeship. BTW, I agree with you about wanting some real hurt/comfort between them!

Fave. Parts:

"So, what, it's okay for you to take that risk, but not me?" Danny asked, hackles flaring. "Have the last few months not proven that I go along with your idiocy even when I know I shouldn't?"

"I know you have," Steve snapped. "And I know you would, in a heartbeat, but I can't let you."

If being asked to risk his life on a daily basis was annoying, being told he wasn't allowed to risk himself when he was clearly committed to doing so was infuriating.

- Great and funny too.

I'll take Obvious facts for 200, Alex. "Yeah, I know the date," Danny said.

- BUSTED UP LAUGHING!

Maybe Steve didn't know what it was. "Do you know what plausible deniability is?"

Steve's face was hard, determined. "It means that Grace gets Christmas with her father, no matter what."

- WONDERFUL!

"And that's something I have to accept," Steve said, meeting Danny's eyes again. "But even if you're willing to forfeit everything, it's not fair to Grace. I can't let you risk yourself like this. You stay with Chin, and Kono and I will take care of it, and if anyone finds out about it, you have plausible deniability. Either way, I'll call you when the bomb is diffused."

Danny found himself gaping inexplicably, blinking slowly. Plausible deniability. It was almost logical. Sensible. His partner was thinking of his well-being. Taking his point of view into consideration. Protecting him.

-WONDERFUL SQUARED!

GREAT STORY! LOVED IT!
cleared account 02 chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
YES! I'm glad I wasn't the only person thinking "BUT WHERE IS DANNO!" the entire time. _

This was all so very very lovely. And perfectly IC too (yay!). But I am currently very very annoyed. I have put you on author alert TWICE but I still don't get any notices when you post a new story *bursts into tears*. 'Tis very very sad. :(

Love you and all of your stories!
VioletHawk chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
I was asking myself the same question during the episode where was Danny? Where was Danny during the "borrowing"? Where was Danny during the drop?

Thanks, they should have put that scene in the episode! :)
TinTin11 chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
Great oneshot! I too was wondering why Danny wasn't all involved in the action and was tossing ideas around in my head. This fits perfectly. Great job!
AZGirl chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
Love this scene! It really bothered me too when suddenly there was no Danny and eventually my brain figured he was with Chin, but the show could'a said something... Thanks for correcting their oversight! :]
36 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »