Reviews for In Flight
Isa Lumitus chapter 43 . 3/2
I gotta say, I found myself liking Minaka. Fact is, I generally do like mad scientist characters... so long as they aren't obnoxiously loud attention whores.

Also, most of the scenes involving Karasuba had me laughing.

While I'm not sure what Minaka did at the end, I have a guess. I think he tried to pass his crest on to Shirou, which in turn would have linked him to Jinki.

My other guess is that he tried to exploit the all-times aspect of Akasha, by sending himself there after he died. After all, if he makes it there in any time, he will have been there for all time. Then maybe God!Minaka would be able to intervene.
Isa Lumitus chapter 42 . 2/25
I think Shirou is being silly about how much of a threat Minaka poses to the world. Two facts:
1) He's already had the jinki for years without ending the world.
2) I somehow doubt that the collective will of humanity would kill the entire human race. And if it did, I'm not sure that humans would have deserved to live anyway.

Killing Minaka is still a good idea, though. It's just not something that fate of the human race is depending on.
Isa Lumitus chapter 40 . 2/24
It seems to me that the Clock Tower has jumped the shark. Let's lay out some facts:
1) Mages have a religious devotion to their bloodline.
2) The Clock Tower lays Sealing designations on anyone to do something particularly impressive.
3) Part of a Sealing Designation means not being able to continue your line?

Exactly how do they have members? The Clock Tower sounds like it will steal the legacy of anyone that manages to make a breakthrough. So the only people I'd expect to join are the ones that know in their hearts that they will never amount to anything. How do they hang on to people competent enough to make the organization more than a pathetic joke?

Makes me tempted to write something on that premise, but I'd probably only end up rewriting Atlas Shrugged, with Nasuverse characters.
TharzZzDunN chapter 1 . 2/22
Hmm, I'm wondering just where Shirou's cynical, jaded, and paranoid side went? It wouldn't be that hard to manipulate memory or records, especially with how deep the hooks are set from the Clock Tower.
Servants who operate inside of a company that is changing the financial landscape would be too easy, there all those cadet lines who didn't manifest talent in this generation.
It would have been sensible to begin the proceedings while inside the interrogation room by contacting an attorney to begin the process of a civil suit.
Isa Lumitus chapter 24 . 2/19
Well, that could have been handled better. Not that I really blame Shirou, or anything.

I've been wondering if Shirou has come up with a fourth plan, which I would call the "flip the table plan". Basically, that would be inducing the Clock Tower and MBI into a fight to the death with each other, likely ending with the victor's misdeeds dragged out into public.

Then again, that sort of plan doesn't really fit with the path of the Shura. It could result in either the Church or the Clock Tower killing all the sekirei. It could also destroy those organizations' ability to keep a lid on things like the dead apostles and any philosophers that truly deserve to be put down.

It probably says bad things about me that my idea's end result is basically, "fuck you, everyone loses."
Isa Lumitus chapter 13 . 2/18
You know, I had been asking "What about Yukari?" back when Shirou was meeting Homura. As his sister, she should be pretty similar genetically, perhaps enough to be a good ashikabi for Homura.

Also... I was hoping that I'd hear Shirou tell Tsukiumi that he didn't even want to wing her, that he was only there as a favor to his Sekirei. It would be interesting to see how that would make a tsundere BSOD.

I really don't like tsunderes.
That was superb.
Lancelot Du Loc chapter 25 . 2/5
well, I mean, Fate was originally supposed to be a hentai, so...
Bonestar chapter 44 . 2/3
Absolutely beautiful, I love the story so much I can't express it with words; especially the ending. I just wish Yukari forgave Shirou, but not all things can end well, I just hope she doesn't become a Counter Guardian. Well done.
DYnoJackal19 chapter 20 . 1/27
Don't you think that Shirou could possibly use this encounter to test if Rule Breaker would work on a Sekirei's crest in an AU spinoff? And possibly add Yashima to his 'flock'?
LastManStanding616 chapter 44 . 1/21
Great story, good pacing, good content, good grammar
Nihatclodra chapter 44 . 1/11
That was a very good story, with a very satisfying ending... even if you got several key points of Type-Moon Lore wrong...

There's just one thing, and I'm gonna break out an ancient meme for this:

*ahem* Y U No tell us his Sorcery Trait!? Unless it was Flight...? In that case, you shouldn't have been so vague...
Nihatclodra chapter 30 . 1/10
1) The Einzbern's ability to substitute knowledge by overpowering spells so they simply work is "Wishcraft", not Alchemy... Alchemy is seperate.
2) I really hope that Shirou's Reality Marble is changed in some way to include Asura in some way... maybe have several of them as giants in the sky in place of the regular gears?
Nihatclodra chapter 29 . 1/9
... Shirou cannot scan items at a glance unless they are specifically weapons (or more accurately, bladed weapons), and he most certainly can NOT scan items through a digital video feed. In person or through another's memory? Yes. A video? No.
Nihatclodra chapter 28 . 1/9
... Your interpretation of Sorceries is wrong, though you've likely been told that many times by now... Read up for future fics: wiki/Magic
8,572 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »