Reviews for In Flight
Matrim363 chapter 9 . 1/9/2011
Well first off I feel that I have to thank you for updating. Its sad but I must admit I was really annoyed that you took so long to update (almost double your previous time, shocking) but as you mentioned thats hardly fair as you are /the/ fastest updater out of all that I've read.

I'm glad to finally learn of the events in London even if you just showed that my guess was off (I thought that Shirou had stolen something to ease the requisite prana for Saber). Also were Rin and/or Saber included in the family arc you mentioned at the start? Still I can't wait to see how you convey the Sekirie's reaction to having a magus for a master. I am also curious as to how they'd react if they ever managed to be in the bath at the same time as Shirou and discover his scars i.e. the one Lancer gave him.

Well so far thats just musings on the future now on to the present! I quite like how you segue from action back into calm everyday conversation and then increase the tension until you can feel the characters leaning closer wondering to Shirou eagerly awaiting for more insight into this unlikeliest of Ashikabi.

I hope you aren't still concerned about fan service or making Shirou 'badass', you weren't over the top with fanservice you were just fine, I think its because your chapters read so quickly that your readers find that they (the fanservice-y bits) take up limited space ;P. In regards to Shirou how many years after fate/stay night is this set? (if its already been mentioned blame my poor reading comprehension) Because he always seems a bit too cagey, as opposed to the earnest and honest to a fault (to his allies at least) character that we knew.

In regards to trying to make him badass I find the fact that he never gives up until he achives his objective reagarless of cost to himself is his biggest source of awsome. Remember Heavens Feel Shirou? Even becoming a living paradox and the fact that his most powerful weapon is driving him insane (and not slowly either) and killing him with each use he will readily walks with his back unbowed into oblivion for his loved one(s). That and that fact that when the chips are down he will quite happily punch a man to death even as his boy destroys him (that is Shirou not the guy who he is punching because that'd be a bit redundant).

So yeah, don't rush your story tell it as you like, you've probably satisfied all of the people who wanted to know what happened back in London and if not screw 'em. Don't feel like you /NEED/ to make Shirou badass because he usually fits best into the unassuming super heroe role who can and will do the impossible if it's required of him regardless to the cost to himself. But then again who am I to judge and order you about? Great story and regardless of what you do with it I'll continue to read it thanks for being so damnedly entertaining.

Thanks for a great story so far,

Matrim
mangafreak7793 chapter 9 . 1/9/2011
Hahah, another great chapter and a barrel of laughs, I can vividly imagine several scenes already though the ending scene with Homura, the faces of them after Shirou tried to knife Karasuba and Shirou's examination of Miya were the best, I'm kind of lacking words that to show how funny it is so I'll digress

Hope to see more soon, and good luck
ZeroTheDestroyer chapter 9 . 1/9/2011
YI
Xynth chapter 9 . 1/9/2011
Lol, I can't imagine many worse fates than what Homura is going through right now.

I personally was fine with waiting to find out why Shirou is on th run, but your clarification of the matter was appreciated. Now we have a better reason than just, "because!"

I'm looking forward to the next chapter, keep up the great work!
Zakath1 chapter 9 . 1/9/2011
From the moment you said the the enforcers were sent to 'collect' Shirou I immediately thought of a sealing designation. I'm glad to see you using some of the lesser known aspects of the Nasuverse and I can't wait to see what you do next.
Druss the Legend chapter 9 . 1/9/2011
as usual, its an awesome effort by you. i really am enjoying it.

though, i don't like that you bowed to fan pressure. truthfully, your story is really good just the way it is. i enjoyed your HOS and i am certain that i will enjoy In Flight. i don't want you to change your style to accommodate some of your fans. i want the original Gabriel Blessing experience.

as for the plot...its great that Shirou is being proactive! unlike Minato, who waited until things happened, before going to Matsu for more information, i am glad Shirou is making the first move.

Do you have any plans for Akitsu? i am just a little sad that she is slowly disappearing from the narrative. its understandable that in the beginning, with only Musubi and Akitsu around, she had more screen time...but now, its like she fading into the background...bring her back or at least give her a good and meaningful role. after all, she is an undeveloped character...you, as an author, can do a lot with her...

i am also a little peeved with Homura...why is he so...so..."i know best" - why is he pulling a Sasuke! haha :D

Tsukiumi and Kazehana next...Tsukiumi will be a fun experience. hopefully we'll get to see Shirou in action again.

hmm...was it ever mentioned what was Akitsu's number? if you look back - 02, 03, 06, 09 those were Minato's Sekirei. 01 Miya is not in the game. 04 is Karasuba - with the Disciplinary Squad. 05 Mutsu - is with...Mikogami? 08 Yume - is apparently dead.

Who is Sekirei 07? will Shirou be allowed to wing 07? :D talk about stacking the deck!

i am a little peeved...Shirou is not actively taking part in his Sekirei's training. in HOS, he trained Lousie. i can understand the futility in trying to train someone whose physical attributes surpass normal human standard...or who has abilities that Shirou doesn't have - like controlling water or fire...so he cannot directly train them. but still!

at least Musubi...i dont want to see a pathetic showing against #105 Benitsubasa of the Disciplinary Squad. if Musubi really is Shirou's Sekirei...she should be able to defeat her!

i also hate that Homura and Kazehana never train. they certainly are not that powerful so as to dominate lower number sekirei. in the anime, Kazehana fought against the Disciplinary Squad...and didn't make such a good showing. i hope after such encounter...Shirou can have them all train properly...

well i stop here...

i hope to see another update soon. but at the same time i cannot fault you for living your life. cuz' i know i do it! :D

i really appreciate that you are taking the effort to give us such great reading experience. so here's hoping to see more from you.
Calpeto9 chapter 9 . 1/9/2011
Amazing chapter. I guess I was a little spoiled when every 2 hours that I was awake I kept checking my favorites to see if In Flight had been updated yet. Anyway nice ending; what makes your stories so enjoyable is not only the superb blending of the plots and educational pieces that is worked into the story perfectly but you also pay attention to the little details.

For example, at the end of this chapter 9 you circumvented Homura from thinking about killing Shirou by having him empathize with him just before he is realizing the fact that he is growing boobs.
Rc1212 chapter 9 . 1/9/2011
HAhahhahha! I scratched my head. "Well," I began, not quite sure how the truth would be received. "She put a sword to my throat and I threw a knife at her head," I finally admitted reluctantly.

Loved they reaction to that! Oh hey, will Sakura Matō show up? What become of her in your story?
Jimbobob5536 chapter 9 . 1/9/2011
Cool chapter. I'm looking forward to finding out more about the escape from the Clock Tower.

Can't wait for chapter 10.
Dead End v1 chapter 9 . 1/9/2011
Poor Homura. If what I think is happening is. The last few paragraphs be infinitely more amusing. Can't wait for more details on the London situation. Glad you decided not to dump it all in one chapter.
HolyKnight5 chapter 9 . 1/9/2011
Sounds like a nice filler, and deals with a lot of explanations needed just before things get into a fighting rhythm ...
anon chapter 9 . 1/9/2011
Trying to reconcile the association and Sekirie/MBI by making them unaware of each other seems kind of difficult. I assume you will make Minaka a powerful mage (as Shirous father this would neatly explain where Shirous abilities come from and make him into a more powerful antagonist) who has the approval of the association. Actually these two universes colliding poses a lot of interesting questions.

What I really hope you do is some Sekirie backstory. I'm not sure if the magna or anime has created any but i've imagined it a bit. Miya could be a former general or councilwoman of the sekirie race (Miya the (sixth) BLADE (I think sixth blade sounds cooler and implies a larger and more complex society than just one blade)!) which ended up blowing themselves up/plague/ruining their planet and getting eaten by other planet manifestations in their solar system. As a last hope she set out on the sekirie craft! Matsu's father was the leader of the sekirie and Karasuba's mother was Miya's loyal subordinate who was raped by a blood thirsty asshole.

Well thats just one hypothetical and not a great one. But some sekirie backstory would be cool. Miya's the only one who can tell it and your clearly planning to spend at least some time on her so hopefully a little more will yield some cool backstory about why the sekirie ended up the way they have.

Anyway looking forward to your next chapter.
Orchamus chapter 9 . 1/9/2011
Gotta love the bombshells, especially the one about Karasuba.
SystemsEternal chapter 9 . 1/9/2011
Bwhahaha, that last bit was extremely funny. Great chapter, never would have thought Shirou's reason for leaving was that they wanted to lock him up cause of his tracing ability(and such a cool ability it is...)

Not much to say really about the chapter, although i think Miya will be keeping a closer eye on Shirou.

Two from the cannon left for Shirou to get...which will be next...the First Wife or the Drunken Wind, can't wait to find out.
BukkakeNoJutsu chapter 9 . 1/9/2011
I love all the little character building moments here. I love how Shirou's relationship with Akitsu is progressing, and everyone's reaction to Karasuba being mentioned. The possibility of Shirou cutting loose in a fight has me earger and excited for future installments.

I expect Shiro to use Matsu's info to plan accordingly. The crazy things he could prepare with a little foreknowledge would be frightening.

Wuhahahahahaha!