Reviews for In Flight
Logan- Murder of Crows chapter 8 . 1/3/2011
Matsu reacted basically about how I expected her to:

"OMFG WHY ARE YOU SO AWESOME I HAVE TO KNOW WHY!"

Many LOLs to be had in the future.

Also, that spar was completely epic. I want more like that. Miya as a character is even better in this one chapter than in most of the Sekirei manga. But Sekirei isn't known for having the greatest in character development so far, so I'm not too surprised. If Shirou was able to do this well un-augmented against Miya, that speaks favorably towards my assessment that Shirou is able to face up to about the 90th percentile of Sekirei by himself at least. Yomi was number 43, which suggests she was around longer than most of the Sekirei (although this doesn't seem to mean much outside of the single numbers and maybe the lower numbers) and yet Shirou was able to beat her without much difficulty. Elemental powers on some of the Sekirei might be a problem, but real skill and experience, and if that doesn't cut it he can bust out a more esoteric Noble Phantasm, will close the divide and grant Shirou a window of victory. I speculate on how he would do fighting Sekirei like Haihane, Benitsubasa, Himeko, or even a single number like Mutsu and Karasuba. If his sheer skill, unaided by magecraft, was enough to keep up with Miya, and with the way Shirou assessed Miya's skill as being "less than refined" and "too reliant on speed and power", suggests that someone like Mutsu or Karasuba would be understandably less skilled than Miya and less powerful, and thus he would be able to out-skill them and play it like Archer does.

I can only imagine with a certain excitement and amusement the expression on Homura's face (and everyone else's) when Shirou finally has to reveal that he is absolutely most certainly "not a normal person"...

"Onii-chan has swords!" indeed.
Brrt chapter 8 . 1/3/2011
Amazing story, exciting and enthralling the whole way through!

It was great to see Shiro in combat again, as with a lot of anime in the genre, most of the good stuff in the series is tied in and around it. Sad face :( for Miya though, I've only seen the beginning of the anime, but she seems like a fairly good person, though I assume that she's working really hard to suppress parts of her past & personality very hard. I guess the spar with Shiro shook some of that up, and creates confusion in how she may still love the flow of combat, but abhor the death she's caused in the past.

I was wondering though about Shiro's future interest in anyone from the Sekirei anime. Saber and Rin were each strong and determined, while Shiro's Sekirei due to the winging are more submissive and accommodating. I've only seen up to the winging of Tsukihime, who seems to break that trend, but can Shiro really have a relationship with someone where the issue of equality is unbalanced? Would he feel like he was taking advantage of them?

However, I'm sure the charaters will grow, and new ones will pop in, so it probably won't be an issue.

Really enjoying the story, very much looking forward to more.
MoonRune chapter 8 . 1/3/2011
...

That...

That fight was...

That fight was the... MOST EPIC THING I HAVE EVER READ IN MY WHOLE LIVE!

I am giving you the title "GOD OF FANFICTION", I don't care if anyone argues they haven't read this.
Quincy80 chapter 8 . 1/3/2011
You've spelt soccer as soccur.

"Ah, are you the other residence?" should be resident or possibly Are you from the other residence?
dragon-cloud16 chapter 8 . 1/3/2011
Oh god, what a great chapter. I wonder how people will react to the fact that Shirou stood up to Miya for ten minutes as a equal? I can already see the faces on some of the Sekirei's cast when they find that out. I wonder how they will handle the knowledge of Shirou being a magi along with him unleashing a real asskicking via Unlimited Blade Works.

And Curse You Cliffhanger! Especially after a scene of comedic gold! How will the people react to the knowledge of Shirou's skills outranking equals even Negi's when it comes to getting girls. Update soon PLEASE!
Nameless Flame Wielder chapter 8 . 1/3/2011
And so Shirou proves that even humans can kick ass, take names and stupefy superhumans. Go Emiya. _

I love how frustrated/excited/demanding Matsu was after the fight. So many mysteries to unravel! Her "biography rant" followed by her attempted winging was a hoot. And the best part is that her assessed "extreme combat potential" was with Shirou sticking to his human limits! I wonder what the term would be for his level of ability while Reinforced for real fights, and how she (and the rest of his Sekirei) will react to Unlimited Blade Works should he ever need it. Heck, just his use of magic in general!

And I love how Akitsu just takes it all in stride. She's my favorite of his Sekirei (winging or no winging, she counts, dammit!).
Divine Aurora chapter 8 . 1/3/2011
This chapter was awesome. You didn't do to bad on the fight scene, although some of your paragraphs are a bit thick, especially in the fight scene itself, a lot of 'telling' rather than 'showing' going on, but the reactions of the characters to the fight scene was excellent. I can't wait till they start finding out about Shiro's magical abilities and that he can actually enhance himself to fight at a higher level than that. XD

I also want to see him getting more details about the Sekirei plan from Matsu next chapter or so!
MutantRancor chapter 8 . 1/3/2011
I don't know about you, but I'd say your research payed off, and big time. That was one of the better executed fight scenes I've read, surpassing even many written by professional authors. The way you started off with a lot of details and then started dropping them as the battle progressed really gave it a sense of picking up speed, and the way it ended really fit how I'd imagine a real fight would end-suddenly and with a move you don't realize was lethal until after it's completed. Color me impressed.

The ending was also funny, starting with the audience's reactions and continuing on through the end of the chapter, and I found that it counterbalanced the dramatic fight scene perfectly.

Overall, I see only one negative point: Curse you, you used a cliffhanger!

Other than leaving me hanging (and eagerly awaiting the next installment, I might add), I'd call this a great chapter in a great story.

Looking forward to next time,

-Ran
FateBurn chapter 8 . 1/3/2011
great chapter cant wait for the next one please update again soon.
AngelForm chapter 8 . 1/3/2011
A truly impressive fight.

Although it tells us essentially nothing new about his abilities or his development since the war.
Akytsu Frozen chapter 8 . 1/3/2011
Great chapter and a new sekirei to shirou letsee what will happen next oo and the type-mercuri what my favortie before theexistance of the type-sekirei XD jajajaja you rock mand and you know that see ya later!
Rule Breaker chapter 8 . 1/3/2011
The fight scene dragged on a little too long.
Demon Lord of Blood chapter 8 . 1/3/2011
I half feel sorry for shiro right now, he's going to be so screwed when saber and rin find out
dongaro chapter 8 . 1/3/2011
I enjoyed the chapter greatly, but it seemed a bit off.

Maybe it was Shiro's combat abilities, or something but the chapter just felt off. I liked the battles more in HoS, as the battles were always pretty close. ie Zero no Tsukaima characters were interpreted to have greater or equal power to Shiro and the battles were close, even when it seemed like that incarnation of Shiro could have curb stomped a few of his fights. In this case it's the opposite. I personally don't see Shiro being Miya's near equal in skill. Unless she was really holding back her supernatural abilities and full ability.

It could be a case of never being satisfied, but I just thought the combat was a bit off from your previous chapter (when Shiro fought the unnamed Sekirei).

Regardless I am enjoying this story greatly. And I look forward to seeing how Shiro resolves everything with the Clock tower. And finding out what happened there.
Ebony017 chapter 8 . 1/3/2011
Great job on this story and nice of blending in the cliffhangers in while not driving us too far up the wall. By the way I'm curious if you'll have Shirou carry the fragment of the Emiya crest on him.

Kiritsugu wasn't one to leave things half done and planned well into the future considering he tried to delay the following Grail War by messing with the Ley lines. Since he had about 20 percent of his family crest, mainly combat uses for time, fire, and earth magic, and the Mage Association having the rest on his father's corpse he would have probably planted it on Shirou during his time taking care of him as a way of leaving him his magic and keeping it from the Association.

Anyway hope you continue this great story.
8,538 | « Prev Page 1 .. 520 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 540 .. Last Next »