Reviews for In Flight
Yvori Gevura chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
hi there and nice idea maybe i should watch the sekirei anime to undrestand better this fic but for now you really made a fine work (like HoS i still will put my coins in siesta favor ja!) and i like Shirou from UBW route becouse there he was the most stronger of him in al the routes and now i think if he is capable of defeating whitout training gilgamesh then this adveture will be nothing and he will be sorrounded by big breasted hot chiks to have any kind of fun JA! well see ya later in the next chapter you rule and you know that!
Phantom 4 Life chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
Correction. It's only the stupid F/sn-ers that don't like Saber. Because they're stupid. And I hate them.

On to the actual review!

Gabriel, Gabriel, Gabriel! You're not just asking me to suspend my disbelief here, you're asking me to draw and quarter it. Minato and Shirou look nothing alike! And also, Archer's appearance was caused by his constant use of reinforcement/projection magic. At least, that's what I think I heard. And what the heck? Saber and Rin broke up with him because he was kicked out of school! Why?

Ughh . . . this story is already giving me headaches. I need to know more! Damnit! At the very least this promises to be an interesting tale . . .

P.S.: Shirou meeting Minaka will be a crowning moment of funny!

-P4L
hell spawn chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
You got to love the way the chapter ended hehehe.
LordPanther14 chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
Good start, and the action was good as Shirou showed he had some teeth. Don't know this Sekirei but I didn't know F/SN or Familiar of Zero when you did Hill of Swords so I'm confident of your skill at telling a good tale. Looking forward to more.
Hotako Tomoe chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
Gabriel, what is it with you and stalking my favorite anime? First it was ZnT now its Sekrei and crossing it over with F/SN to boot.. Win! Looks like I'm following another of your series! Good job so far!
Sicof this chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
huh nice
OhHenryBars chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
Watching Sekirei now! BBL. Update when I’m done O’K’?
Shadow Zeranion chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
Hoo boy... Yet another interesting set-up you got going here. You've certainly made me curious as to all the things that went on in the past week since you talk about not only a break-up but also being chased down by the Magus Association.

Now I'm not sure about my theory, but here's my guess about what has happened to Shirou. Last week, something happened at Clock Tower that caused Shirou to do something stupidly heroic... Again... This stupidly heroic action unfortunately, exposed the fact that Shirou has a reality marble in some way or form. I'm not sure if this information is canon off the top of my head, but from what I remember the Magus Association will hunt down people with Reality Marbles and dissect them if only to learn how they work.

You have stated that this is a Good End Unlimited Blade Works scenario. Honestly, I don't see Shirou doing something that could piss off Rin AND Saber enough to break up with him especially given Saber's need for Prana so I'm going to go with the break up being made out of necessity to protect Rin and Saber from the fallout, with the two girls relying on stores of Rin's Jewels to cover for the lack of a 2nd magus to help fuel Saber. As opposed to them not getting along, which I would hate. If that was the case I'd expect you to have made this UBW TRUE End as making it the Good End and them breaking up because of issues seems needlessly cruel to me as a Fate/Stay Night fan.

Anyways, I'm guessing that Shirou broke up with them in order to shelter them from the Association so that only he'd be hunted. After all, unlike in Heaven's Feel Rin has NOT been able to use the Jeweled Sword of Zelretch. This also means that Rin has not been made Zelretch's apprentice and as such doesn't have his influence to protect Shirou from the association like he did to protect Shirou (for his puppet body and Reality Marble) and Sakura (For being a corrupted grail) in the Heaven's Feel ending. This lack of protection resulted in a rough break-up that none of the three want to have, but eventually deem necessary, hence the sore feelings Shirou has when thinking about it. From this point on, Shirou fought his way out of the country and ended up here in Shin Tokyo.

At least this is my theory about what's going on. You're the writer so only you know for sure (and even then it may change XD). I sincerely hope that I'm at least correct about the break-up theory though as I would hate for Rin and Saber to have broken up with him because they actually were having relationship issues, especially given Shirou's earnest personality and the fact he actually likes them as opposed to Hill of Swords where he was simply staying loyal to Saber.

Well, whatever the case you've got a good start so far. I honestly wasn't expecting a story where Shirou's original parents were still alive, and to make him a displaced Minato give logical reasoning for why you would place him here in Shin Tokyo at the start of Sekirei and why he'd be staying there since he's gotten the chance now to re-acquire his old legal identity (which will help him immensely in hiding from the Association).

Great job so far man. I'll definitely be following the story along.
Enthalpy chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
Excellent as always. Keep up the good work, and I hope you manage to update as fast as you did for Hill of Swords.

The premise does seem a little forced, however, given the fact that Shiro has no resemblance to Minato as they are drawn.
colin chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
well color me impressed. I honestly never made a connection between Sekirei and F/SN but now that you mentioned it about the whole hair thing it kinda clicked. Mostly Ive been reading stuff from Cyrstal Hall Forums for Whateley Academy Stories and I thought hey Shirou is a dead ringer for a Manifester. I thought that would make some kind of crazy sense. But now I am psyched for this new story.
imrae chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
All aboard the story mobile! Good to see you've started a new story. I'll be following this one.
Max Knight chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
I haven't really watch the Ultimate Blade Works, but I've seen the first Animated series of Fate/Stay Night. As for Seikirei, I've only read a bit of the manga while I was in Japan...and we all love big bewbies...however I had to choose between Seikirei and Macademi Wasshoi and I chose the latter... This really looks interesting. I've read till the last 3 chapters of HoS and will continue it when I have time, but this really looks promising! Please do continue!
Rubel chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
It's funny I was just watching Sekirei last night. Looks interesting. I really want to find out what happened with Clock Tower but I'm sure it'll come up later. Anyways thanks for what looks like another interesting read.
Violet Shadows chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
Entertaining read, if a bit gramatically spotty in some parts; hope we can see a fast update schedule again.
Meteor Ardbert chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
( I jolted awake when the plane landed in the Shin Tokyo airport. The first thing that crossed through my mind when I transitioned from being asleep to being awake was where the nearest sword was. )

Not sure if this was intentional, but most of Nasu's works always has the main protagonist "waking up". Check the Nisual Novels if you don't believe me. This might be an unintended shout out already. Then again, it might not be, considering it isn't in Kara no Kyoukai's novels (which I'm not sure if you read or not).

By the way, when you say you have more knowledge on the Nasu-verse, does that mean you looked into Talk, the Material Books, DDD, Melty Blood, and Fate Extra?

So Shirou is a ... magic user on the run, like Touko Aozaki?

The technology boom would be very ... well, magi don't have a need for such things if magecraft can achieve the same results. This made Rin hilariously inept with technology, and if you somehow include the ineptitude of technology with magi in this, I'll be happy.

That machine probably didn't record Shirou as an Emiya, since he was adopted by Kiritsugu...

( she looked up to give me a glare that would have been frightening if my girlfriends hadn't both been much better at it then her, )

lol Rin.

( That portion of my skin had probably just received the smoothest shave it ever would. )

Damn, wish I had one of those.

( Touhsaka )

That's the first time I saw her name spelled this way.

( "What was that you mentioned about having been kicked out of school? Or about your girlfriends?" and here she drew out and emphasized the plural form of the word as her eyes narrowed.

I swallowed, suddenly a great deal more worried than I had been even when I had Karasuba's sword against my throat earlier. This, this can't be a good way to start of getting to know your long lost mother. )

Well, there's bad karma.