Reviews for High Above the Trees
K chapter 1 . 4/3/2016
That memory of Obi-Wan, the woman and Anakin has just made me realise how bad it would have been if Qui-Gon had survived to be Anakin's master... I always thought Qui-Gon would have been better equipped (life experience/wisdom etc.) to deal with Anakin's problems (though I envision him still turning), but now I shudder to imagine how much Anakin would have hated Qui-Gon's constantly divided attention between him and his "pathetic life forms", I can totally see him reacting with the same possessive rage against whatever stray Qui-Gon tried to take in, oh man... Probably wouldn't attack them, but would definitely resent them *alot*, which Sidious would then exploit.
jilyandbambi chapter 1 . 3/18/2016
This was so beautiful and heartbreaking.
I especially liked that scene between young Anakin and Obi-Wan. I never considered the idea of Jedi having casual affairs. Technically not an "attachment" sooo...**shrugged**.
But I could totally see a situation like that happening. Anakin (young, teen, and the 'adult' version) getting into a tizzy because Obi-Wan or Padme is showing affection to someone else. The idea of Anakin as someone who loves selfishly is SPOT ON!
Overall, an excellent analysis of Anakin at every stage of his life. Bravo!
Brievel chapter 1 . 5/31/2015
...yes. Just...I have no words to describe this. Just, *yes*.
QueenYoda chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
Phenomenal.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
Wow, just...wow...amazingly beautiful..
StarGirl chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
I'm not going to lie; that was epic.
Andromakhe chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
This is very well done.

The part with Obi-Wan and the woman does not work for me. I cannot see him behaving so irresponsibly and you could have made the same point with him and Siri or him and Bant. But I guess it had to be at Obi-Wan's apartment and maybe the jealousy factor wouldn't have been as obvious if it weren't physical.

Aside from that jarring episode, the rest of the fic was good and Qui-Gon's musings about Obi-Wan and how Qui-Gon himself didn't love anyone as deeply really rang true. It made sense that Qui-Gon didn't love Anakin and that he wouldn't remember the trinket he gave Obi-Wan on a whim. I assume Qui-Gon is speaking to Obi-Wan about how it wasn't his job to tell Anakin about Padme? Those parts are a bit difficult to decipher in terms of who is speaking to whom. But thanks for sharing this.
geekfromnextweek chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
That wad quite angsty. Kinda cute too. Loved your little one shot:)
Elaine Jedi chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
Well done!
AnnAisu chapter 1 . 10/25/2011
Very touching. I loved the twist with Anikin -the possible anikin- speaking to Vadar.

For some reason, the end really touched me. I don't really get it, but that last 'Do you hear what I hear' tied this off nicely...and brought me to tears. Good job.
Inthara chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
Wonderful!
geniecat2 chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
normally I don't go for the Christmas Carol type stories, but I made an exception w/ this one and I am very much pleased that I did.

_geniecat2_
J chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
It's really a great story. One of my all-time favorites, not just for fanfiction, not just for Star Wars, but of all literature. You did a beautiful job, and should be very proud of yourself.
donahermurphy chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
I love Obi-Wan in this, and the note that he loved Anakin more than Qui-Gon would have. (seeing Qui-Gon from TPM, and knowing the history with Xanatos... that does seem accurate.
Raionne is too lazy to log in chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
Wow.

That was just...wow.

I'm not entirely sure what to say, what critique I should attempt to find... so I'll just shut up now, I suppose.