Reviews for These NotSoSimple Feelings
pandorablueskies chapter 6 . 5/6
This is one of those stories that is beautiful enough to make a person cry, and a better ending I have yet to see. Thanks for sharing it.
those-painted-wings chapter 6 . 3/2
So... I read this a long time ago. Several years ago at least. Then I lost it, not having an ffdotnet account at the time.
I looked and looked for it, wanting to read it again. Built my own custom google search engine to try and find it based on a few snips of keywords. I wanted to see the binary stars again.
I've found it.
Haven't seen the second reboot movie, 'cause I didn't like the 2009 movie (except for Leonard Nimoy) - but I do love your way of finally uniting Spock and Jim for all time. That's what I think should be.
Also enjoyed especially the scene expansion from the 4th movie - that water episode is delightful. Also great is the library scene in the mind meld.
The rest is very good. Thanks.
Squibble the WhovianBreadstick chapter 5 . 9/9/2014
tehehehehehehehehe
DetectiveAtWork chapter 6 . 9/3/2014
I absolutely love the stories you write. If it's alright (and by 'alright' I mean you can completely ignore this) I was wondering if you could write a story with Spock,and maybe McCoy, reacting to Kirks death. It can include the new Spock and Kirk or not but I would honestly love anything because I have been looking for a story like that for so long. Hope you continue using your gift of writing and hope you update on your stories soon!
Guest chapter 6 . 8/28/2014
This made me laugh and cry and then laugh and then cry again. It was awesome thank you.
MuggleCreator chapter 6 . 5/23/2014
:D
Loved this.
The timey-wimey-ness of it all does my head in a bit though...
yanayanka9 chapter 6 . 12/31/2013
Oh my. *flooded by sentimentalism*
For some reason I have specially noted even chapters - 2, 4 and 6.
2 - How? How coud this turn out to be so similar to my favourite book series, 'Labyrinths of Echo'? These books are urban fantasy, but there is also a reappearing motive of a library, and there is a Spock-like character (I _mean_, so alike this can't be a coincidence!) who is the main hero's best friend and comrade in so many adventures... I felt like I was coming home reading this, really.
4 - Beautiful. I'm out of metaphors to describe my feelings, it's so moving. (And McCoy, of course. He had to, didn't he?)
6 - That's... a perfect ending. They've earned it, both of them. Like Dioskuri - you know, the Dioskuri twins, Castor and Pollux, from a Greek legend? After Castor died in a battle, their father Zeus offered Pollux (who was immortal) two ways: either to spend an eternity on Olympus - without his brother; or to live one day on Olympus and another in Hades' kingdom, the underworld - but with Castor. Surely enough, Pollux chose the second :) Spock would have done the same, I'm sure... And the Dioskuri each have a star now - Alpha and Beta Geminorum, don't they? These two deserve the same.
Pughugss chapter 6 . 11/1/2013
Thank you...I needed a good cry. That was just beautiful. The whole story was wonderful...very emotional...but chapter 6...Spock's loose katra searching for Kirk's soul and finding each other and becoming a binary star, one yellow, one blue...beautiful.
WeirdLittleStori chapter 6 . 10/29/2013
I wanted to edit my review of this chapter to say something longer, but this site evidently doesn't allow us to delete or edit comments we've made. Drat! Well, I'll log out, then, and leave you this comment under my name but not logged in.

I've read a number of stories where Ambassador Spock dies. Most of those stories have him meeting up with a spirit Enterprise, filled with her crew as they were when they were young, and they all go off adventuring forever. Those stories aren't terrible, but they still disturb me.

For one thing, being Captain and First Officer forever is probably great for Kirk and pretty good for Spock. But Uhura's supposed to spend eternity opening hailing frequencies? Sulu will spend eternity at the helm? The redshirts will spend eternity as cannon fodder? That doesn't seem so good for those folks.

For another thing, it suggests that the best things we can ever do and the best people we can ever be are the things and people of our young-adult years. There's no growth after 40? It's all aging and decline after that? The afterlife, if it exists, is just a playground? We will never know or be more than we were at 35? That's awfully disappointing.

And that's why I love THIS story so much. Turning Kirk and Spock into a binary star system, one that replaces the tragedy of vanished Vulcan with something new and beautiful - that's INSPIRED! Our favorite characters transition into a completely new kind of life, one that we can't quite wrap our human minds around, but one that feels right. Thank you so much for an ending to this story that feels so much more mature, wise, and RIGHT than anything else I've seen.
WeirdLittleStories chapter 6 . 10/29/2013
Beautiful!
WeirdLittleStories chapter 4 . 10/29/2013
I agree with your author's note in this chapter; Spock would never have left for Gol without saying good-bye. And in fact, I have trouble believing in Spock's going to Gol at all. Roddenberry can write it, but he can't make me believe it.
TheDeductionist chapter 4 . 9/13/2013
Wow! I loved it! Exceptional :D
TheDeductionist chapter 3 . 9/12/2013
Wow! Unbelievable! It's fantastic!
TheDeductionist chapter 2 . 9/12/2013
That's incredible! Could not be better!